Popular Tags: GOT [+] Fief [+] PrintAndPlay [+] [View All]
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
You have an issue if you do not use the saladin's troops

Each objective has his own troops so you need a way to know how many troops you have in each objective.

I suggests to use the card to mark the number of troops.
Illustration of the siege of Castle black indicates a 14 SP army

The objective card should also be used as an underneath card for fief title
Illustration of Renly Baratheon, defender of the Wall

During the first round we use the vertical number scale.
I prefer to number the strength (each troop value is two)
I forgot to add a circle for 0. And maybe change the color for
8-10-12 SP (2 dices) and 14 SP (3 dices).

During the second round we use the "attack on the wall" marker to count the troops accumulated form one objective to the other.
And Mance rayder card to count the Knight.
Again I recommend to use a strength point scale (2-4-6... for troops)
And 3-6-9-12 for Knight
(+1) on the Mance Rayder indicate that he adds 1 SP to his army unless ambushed or assassinate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
You are right on tracking the strength on each individual fight I will change that, changing it to strenght is also convenient. But having to add two different trackers is not,we can fix that in the rules, basically using the bug tracker for the total accumulated trength and the smlap only for recordkeeping from one round to the next.

Dont worry about the mission vp rewards, missions will be discarded when done (hence the mission discard pile) and in the brothers of the watch titles deck there will be a set of 5 defender of the wall titles, If I used the same mission card for the title I ran out of space.

I left the coin reward for all the missions, We can change that to troops as discussed before if needed, takes little time.

Jerusalem is now Castle black so no horn of winter although we can have it (and transform one "Defender of the wall" card to that, it also takes no time)

My concern is that thematically "the defender of the wall" titles should not be inheritable, should they? That is a plus point for the Horn of Winter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
We (MOebius, MordredPendragon, Myself) discuss about the Brother of the Night Watch order, I like to have other opinion.

We still arguing on some point, but the actual version of the Brother of the Night Watch is close to the Teutonic Knight

What we remove :
- No secret passage between Teutonic castle,
- No fief title,
- No attack on any Westori troops,
- Crow (Teutonic) Knight cannot leave a brother of the Night Watch.

What we keep :
- No weeding, may never sponsor an assassination
- May not be warden(Bishop) or King
- Teutonic Knight renamed Crow Knight
- Teutonic Fortification renamed Recruitment center of the Night Watch (immune to secret passage)
- Grand Master renamed Lord Commander worth 1 VP and give a fight bonus to the Crow Knight.

What we add :
when you become Brother of the Night Watch
- A Banished, Renegade or Captive Lord can become a Brother of the Night Watch.
- obtain one free knight,
- removed any Banished(excommunicate), Renegade or Assassin counter on this Lord,
- can be titled but loose all his title (His heir inherit his title the same way as if the Lord dies)
- The ransom for a brother of the NightWatch is 0 Gold Dragon (Denier)
- can not be banished(excommunicate)
- we recruit Crow Knight where a brother is not on a recruitment center (even if we need one to recruit a Crow Knight).

Related to this is the crusade expansion (battle on the wall), do we allow brother of the Night Watch to win title during this event ?
Defender of the wall (Outremer title) should be Fief title ?
Do you think that is a viable order in term of gameplay ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Círculo de Isengard
Spain
Alcalá de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, as always great job congratulations
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Another mini update, the "nobles deck" (AKA Lords deck)cards, I changed the "its a boy" card theme to something a bit more fitting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You said in the beginning that you just wanted a re-theme without too many rule changes, but from what I see in your new "noble deck" you are changing things without necessity.
In the original game there is no such case like drawing a lord/lady that cannot enter game, so if you have no corresponding card left in you "house-deck" I think you should just draw another card and reshuffle the noble deck together with the first card you took.
And what is a Bush Knight please?
On the new lady card there is a minor error in the text, you wrote "male fecharacters" instead of "female characters".

If the "Mother of Dragons" card is supposed to go below the corresponding lady you might want to put the title on the bottom.

Apart from that awesome work, keep it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
CJWF wrote:
You said in the beginning that you just wanted a re-theme without too many rule changes, but from what I see in your new "noble deck" you are changing things without necessity.
In the original game there is no such case like drawing a lord/lady that cannot enter game, so if you have no corresponding card left in you "house-deck" I think you should just draw another card and reshuffle the noble deck together with the first card you took.

And what is "The bush Knight" please?

I did say so and I am keeping up with it as much as I can, there are 5 male and 3 female characters per house, based on the experience of the players i have talked to it is very unlikely that a player uses more than 8 lords in a single game. But if this were to occur having a killed character suddently appear again (besides certain thoros friend) is highly un-thematic.

On the female side given that the number of females on the lord deck is reduced, it is also highly unlikely that a single player draws more than three in the course of a game, and it is not even desirable for it to occur as it would hinder the ability of the player to pursue eclesiastical titles.

As the lord deck cards can be traded we decided to force the player to trade a fourth "lady" card that could potentially be drawn and on the eventuality of having to play a 6th male character instead of reviving a dead character we introduced a generic character with the "ordinary" attribute (so no ability) that can be used by any house that runs out of males, as it is basically a normal lord from the vanilla game "The bush knight" sounded more thematic than "John Doe"

In other words, I am changing no rules, just taking precautions in the case very unlikely circumstances happen trying to provide an elegant solution.

CJWF wrote:

On the new lady card there is a minor error in the text, you wrote "male fecharacters" instead of "female characters".

If the "Mother of Dragons" card is supposed to go below the corresponding lady you might want to put the title on the bottom.

Apart from that awesome work, keep it up

Note taken on the typo, thx.

You make a good point, the mechanic I am creating is basically drawing a poker size card that goes underneath the characters (which for the time being will be poker size as well), in the case of the mother of dragons will probably go on the side as a female cannot be a warden anyways so it would not clash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Samberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be ok to let "dead" characters rejoin the fray. It should happen very rarely and then it can simply be a "the last time he/she was seen he/she was 'most probably dead'" kind of thing. Just like Ser Davos, the hound, the mountain, etc. etc. Problem solved, right? It is quite Martinesk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Well it is simpler indeed... if you all agree that it does not ruin the feel I'll change it less work for me. I think females should still be limited at 3 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
ACTUAL RULE FOR THE NOBLE DECK

Playing a Noble card allows the Player to gain a new house member. A Player is limited to 4 Nobles in his house. He may hold additional Nobles card in his card hand. New Nobles may only be placed during the Play Cards Phase.
The Player places a new Noble card, "A new Lord in the court" (12 cards) or "A new Lady in the court" (6 cards) on his House Board. The Players take then a random character from corresponding character deck and place it on top of the Noble card on its House Board, finds the associated Noble Token and places it in any Stronghold (4.3) or Fortified City (4.3) he controls. If the Player has no Stronghold or Fortified City, place the new Noble in any Village occupied by another of his Nobles. If no other Nobles are available, place the new Noble in any Village he controls, then in any empty uncontrolled Village or Allied Player controlled Village. The new Noble is ready to play. Each Character has a noble attribute, their effects are explained along this rules, and are summarized on the Noble card.
If the new Lord is the Heir of the Iron Throne (1.4.3), the Player take one of the two card called "The prince" set aside the board. The prince has the attribute : the ordinary.
Note : An ordinary Noble has no special attribute.
In some cases, the Player does not have an available Lady or Lord character. In these case, he should trade with another player the Noble card. In some rare cases, if the Player does not have any available Noble character, then he can use the "Bush Knight" character card (one available per house) playing "A new Lord in the court"..
Example : David playing the Lannister House places an "A new Lord in the court" card on his House board, draws the card on top of his male characters deck and its Joffrey Baratheon the cruel. Place the card on top of his "A new Lord in the court" card, and place the Joffrey Baratheon Token on the Stronghold of Casterly Rock.
Note: Nobles may occupy a Village without Troops, but are very vulnerable to Uprisings (11.1) or Battles. During an Uprising they are immediately killed and during a Battle immediately captured.
If a Noble dies, the Noble card "A new Lord in the court" or "A new Lady in the court" is placed in the shared Noble Discard Pile and the Noble picturing him/her is removed from the game, except the "Bush Knight" that stay available.

ALTERNATIVE PROPOSITION

to avoid keeping the Noble card "A new Lord/Lady in the court" under the character card.)
1) That is a lot of card pile one top of each other (especially with title that are card place beneath the character card.
2) It is not what will naturally do the player.

[...]
Playing "A new Lord in the court" (12 cards) or "A new Lady in the court" (6 cards), allow the Player to take a random character from corresponding character deck and place it on a empty emplacement on its House Board. The "A new Lord in the court" or "A new Lady in the court" is placed face up in the shared Noble Discard Pile.
[...]
If a Player play a Noble card, "A new Lord in the court" or "A new Lady in the court" and having 4 living Nobles in his house, he can dicard it during the Play Cards Phase and immediately draw a new Noble card or a Fortune card.
Note : This rules allows that a "a small council" discarded card reappear faster.
In some cases, the Player does not have an available Lady or Lord character. In these case, he should trade with another player the Noble card. In some rare cases, if the Player does not have any available Noble, then he can use the "Bush Knight" character card (one available per house) playing "A new Lord in the court".
Example : David playing the Lannister House play an "A new Lord in the court" card and places it face up on the shared Noble Discard Pile. He draws the card on top of his male characters deck and its Joffrey Baratheon the cruel. Place this card on his House board, and place the Joffrey Baratheon Token on the Stronghold of Casterly Rock.
Note: Nobles may occupy a Village without Troops, but are very vulnerable to Uprisings (11.1) or Battles. During an Uprising they are immediately killed and during a Battle immediately captured.
If a Noble dies, the Noble card "A new Lord in the court" or "A new Lady in the court" is placed in the shared Noble Discard Pile and the Noble picturing him/her is removed from the game, except the "Bush Knight" that stay available.

COMMENT
I would really prefer if the small council and mother of the dragon from the Noble deck is also used a titled placed underneath the Noble. It avoid too much manipulation of card.
In the actual version, where do you stock the Join the small council card ?

Note that each house has 3 lady and 5 lord available + the bush Knight.
We are thinking making Targaryen an exception, with only 2 lady including a bastard lady (Irri) and 7 lord available and starting with Danaerys and the mother of the dragon on hand. That means if this player want to marry Danaerys he needs to trade her dragons.

Consequence, all player can reach 4 Nobles. An house with four Noble is assured to draw a special Noble card (Mother of the dragon or small council card). Both consequence are OK with me.

Any veteran player/game designer opinion on that ?

With the alternative, we can eventually drop 2 "A new Lord in the court" and 1 "A new Lady in the court". Making a Noble deck of 19 card : 3 "small council` card, 1 "mother of the dragon", 5 "new Lady" and 10 "new Lord". This way the Hand of the king will appear a tiny bit sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
I personally find the font a bit much. Especially the titles are hard to read. I would suggest Perpetua for a better balance between style and readability, but it's your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
yorvog wrote:
I personally find the font a bit much. Especially the titles are hard to read. I would suggest Perpetua for a better balance between style and readability, but it's your choice.

Thx for the hint, I will try it :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
sdric wrote:
ACTUAL RULE FOR THE NOBLE DECK
le dies, the Noble card "A new Lord in the court" or "A new Lady in the court" is placed in the shared Noble Discard Pile and the Noble picturing him/her is removed from the game, except the "Bush Knight" that stay available....

I wil create a "holding place" in the board as in the new vanilla game to solve this, I would like to keep as close to vanilla as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Royal Court cards done...

And the "fiefdom" now Lord paramount titles and defender of the wall title also done, the cards will have the "Lady" equivalent title on the other side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Nice work as always.

do we rename
election -> nomination
vote -> influence point ?
thithe (too church related) -> tax
we can however keep tallage for the King and fief title

I will only list the title privilege not the conditions to be candidate
last column of the helping sheet :

I will remove the Queen/King keeps all of her titles because that is the general rules it the same for the Wardens, Fief Lord and member of the small council...

Hand of the King
• Can remove a renegade status (NWE).
• May declare a Battle on the wall (NWE)
Master of...
• May declare a Battle on the wall if the Hand of the King is not in play (NWE)

Master of Coin should have the 5 Gold dragons icons on it

Master of whisperers

Last lines, also add ''put a Join the Council card from the hold location to the discard pile.''

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I agree with your suggestions, will make the changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I also printed the board as a test (in a3 sheets that I assembled) will upload pic soon.

The thing is freaking huge, 70x90cm. If we add the player mats you need a very big table and that will hinder playability.

The problem is that the map has lots of useless spaces but it can hardly be avoided, as that is what westeros looks like, also I cannot just make it smaller because there riverlands are crowded with nodes and it could make it difficult to play.

Once I receive the pledge I will be able to make some trials with the actual tokens and decide how much I can reduce, I will probably also crop the map and remove some chunks of Sea, and put the side board on the bottom, a rectangular board is easier to place than a square one, specially if the players sitting on the side will have big (a4) player mats. Which essentially widens the playing area by 40 cm so I will try to leve it on something like 55cm x95 cm (which adding the player mats on the sides will effectively make it a 95x95cm play area or a bit more if there are players on the 4 sides of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Samberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think about making the Wall section an extra part? It would decrease the space needed, at least for sessions without NWE.

We should make it smaller where we can, but the game will take a lot of space no matter what (as does vanilla, I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
MordredPendragon wrote:
What do you think about making the Wall section an extra part? It would decrease the space needed, at least for sessions without NWE.

We should make it smaller where we can, but the game will take a lot of space no matter what (as does vanilla, I think).

I have managed to reduce the width by some margin and have more space for card placeholders which are welcome. The new size will be 100x60 cm which is ideal as 6 could potentially sit in a 1m x 1m table with the housemats there (3 on each side)

That is still very big but should fit most gaming tables comfortably

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
M0ebius wrote:

If defender of the wall can not be transferred, the game will be longer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
In the end we decided to make it transferrable to keep closer to vanilla. Not being able to transfer it also meant putting a target for assasination on the lords head as it would be a very efficient way or removing a point from a player....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
The player's aid (it summarize a important part of the change of the retheme)

Feel free to tell me, If you see any mistakes or if you have suggestion

The final version will used the Game of Throne font and the icon of the different title.

Note : NWE stands for Night's Watch Expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
A new version of the map, not yet definitive as warden symbols and the heir placeholder need to be finished.

This new map has A LOT of less unused space and is a bit more elongated, I went from 70x90cm to 60x100cm

Those 10 cm in width mean a lot as with A4 house mats players can now sit comfortably on both sides of a 1m wide table.

As usual, feedback welcome :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great & impressive work here !

I didn't read in detail because i fear spoil (i saw only first 3 seasons - and i loved it !), but it's a great idea !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
tontione wrote:
Great & impressive work here !

I didn't read in detail because i fear spoil (i saw only first 3 seasons - and i loved it !), but it's a great idea !

Thx! When the re-theme is done it will be perfectly playable without any fear of spoilers as characters and houses will be as when the series start :-)

The reasoning though may containg one spoiler or another ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [16] |