Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

the pete wrote:
...but I'd strongly contest the idea that Euros are by definition free of conflict. I think one of the defining characteristics of a Euro is that players are not eliminated due to that conflict. Some of the most vicious games I've ever played have been Euros -- I think lots of classic, genre-defining Euros have plenty of opportunities to sabotage other people's plans, whether it's forcing someone to ship goods in a suboptimal manner in Puerto Rico, taking a bunch of sheep and promptly turning them into food you don't even need in Agricola, or stomping someone's hopes and dreams with the bailiff in Caylus.

I love both Euros and Ameritrash, but some of the tensest, most cut-throat times I've ever had while gaming were while playing Euros.

Pete, thanks for the great reply. You definitely have me reevaluating my conception of what defines a "Euro". I appreciate your response, and am glad that you did respond!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Tripp
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for the comic explaining the rules! I just grabbed this game last weekend and I haven't had time to sit down and read the entire rulebook yet, but this will definitely help me and save me a lot of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.