Ben Parker
Australia
Elanora Heights
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cloud64 wrote:
Sadly I have the same problem with my new copy of Tokaido. Very frustrating as the expansion pieces would fit but for this.

[q="beedracass"] We have since been informed by Funforge that the inserts were tooled a little deeper with a slight taper. The tiles will fit at an angle, and because this does not affect game play there will be no replacements available.

this is also true in Australia. Its more fit to purpose than any Fantasy Flight insert but the difference here is that the insert is part of what you're paying for. FF puts all their money into miniatures and other components. Here, the nicely tooled insert was definitely part of the value proposition. I'm disappointed it doesn't fit nicely but I solved the problem by getting tired of Tokaido after a few plays and so it doesn't bother me any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashram_bk wrote:
just recently picked up this game and my traveler tiles also did not fit into the well that was designed for them. I ended up cutting a slit in the 4 corners of the well from the bottom to about 3/4 of the way up, that gave enough leeway for the tiles to fit.

Thanks for suggesting that I cut the insert. It works "perfectly" now. Though it should have shipped "perfectly".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dart
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void."
badge
"O I know justice, it's a birthright if you're born right"
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Organizing the components with alternative methods does the trick.

I don't really understand why, but putting them in upside down does seem to make a difference. I have poor eyesight, but I can't see a difference in shape between the front and the back of the travellers. And yet...

I half expect I'm talking myself into it, but it looks like they fit better in the tray upside down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Roberts
msg tools
I have just found this forum thread after FunForge decided to ignore me.

I purchased the game yesterday and have the issue regarding the character tiles not fitting the insert so I decided to email FunForge as they are the contact for the UK:

Dear Customer,

First of all, thank you for purchasing our game Tokaido.

We wish to apologize for the trouble you encounter with the box insert which is due to change of the manufacture few month ago. Thank you for that information, we'll tell the manufacture for next productions.

We thank you for your understanding for that little unpleasantness,

Best regards

So I replied:

Hello,
Will you be supplying a replacement insert as the current one is not fit for purpose?

Regards

Final Response:

Hello

I'm sorry but unfortunatly we don't have insert for replacement.
Thank for your understanding.

Best regards

Very disappointing compared the the customer support from other board game companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An insert is crazy expensive to have made custom, as this one is, not to mention the packaging required to ship just one by itself, so I'm not really going to begrudge them not replacing it. I would be shocked if they even had any extras sitting around anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Roberts
msg tools
After buying the Expansion, I decided to get rid of the insert and use foam core.

Not too bad for my first time..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...old thread but I just purchased this on sale recently and noticed this issue also. I used the handle of a stainless steel butter knife (or similar blunt and rounded object) to gently stretch the plastic in the corners of the traveler tile insert by 1/16" or so. that allowed them to fit. be gentle and go slow to not tear the plastic. It might help to heat up the knife under really hot water too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super gorgeous game with a super crappy insert. Yup, character tiles barely fit in. Overall quality of the other components was disappointing too. No wonder they made a deluxe version. Oh well.

Like that foam core setup noted above. Will have to do something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett B
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just purchased Tokaido this week and my copy has the same problem.

Disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saki Pithecius
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has just been released in Dutch by Enigma and unfortunately this insert has the same problem with the travelers and even the paintings' corners will be damaged if placed in the foreseen insert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Afraid so...
Though the solution with the slits does the trick.
With that little action everything fits beautifully and even stays in place with the box stored on its side. No need to bag anything.
So yes, it's anoying, but very easly corrected!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
Apologies in advance for the necro, but I wanted to let you guys know this issue is still not resolved. Funforge is still shipping the game with defective inserts, years after being notified of the issue.

I purchased the game from amazon (Amazon LLC, not 3rd party vendor) as a christmas present, and after we finished the game and attempted to put it away, we had the same issue.

I suppose it's possible the copy was old stock from years ago, but seems unlikely given how quickly Amazon probably moves through inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Geek
msg tools
beedracass wrote:
We have since been informed by Funforge that the inserts were tooled a little deeper with a slight taper. The tiles will fit at an angle, and because this does not affect game play there will be no replacements available.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

First of all: They have not. I bought a copy in december last year and my insert still had the same issue. It has not been fixed.

Second, don't be. I am sorry for -your- inconvenience, because all this tells me is that I probably shouldn't be doing business with your company in the future.

You made a mistake in design, and you're not fixing it, neither by offering replacements, nor by improving the design. So spare us the fake apologies.

I'll acknowledge that sending out replacement inserts would be quite inconvenient for you, but I would think your mistakes ought to be your inconvenience, not your customer's.

Regards,

a displeased customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
This is weird because I just checked our retail copy and the tiles do fit fine. There's no room to spare at all but they fit, and it's not a tight fit that I feel I need to be worried about. So we must have an earlier edition maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.