Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The GameStorm folks are running a free Game Day, at the Vancouver Hilton on January 3, 2015. This Math Trade will have an in-person exchange of games at the event, at noon. You can just drop in for the trade, or you can come earlier or stay later to play games.

The actual math trade geeklist is here: Portland (OR) / Vancouver (WA) No-ship Math Trade (January 3, 2015)

Please use this thread for all discussion about the trade, including any requests for games you would like to see added to the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will probably take a couple days before the trade shows up in the OLWLG. Until then, you can manually add items to the geeklist. Or you can wait if you want to use the tools within the OLWLG that let you add games more easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
It will probably take a couple days before the trade shows up in the OLWLG.
Strike that! Jeff was amazingly super-quick, and the trade is already in the OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants to participate in the trade, but can't attend the event, I might be able to act as a "proxy" (picking up/delivering the games for you). If you're interested, either post here, or geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Sedlacek
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody from the mid-valley going up for the game day who can function as proxy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads up to anyone this affects, but I removed item 153, my copy of Boss Monster, because I discovered it has more promos than I actually knew about at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KingRob wrote:
Heads up to anyone this affects, but I removed item 153, my copy of Boss Monster, because I discovered it has more promos than I actually knew about at first.
Thanks for the update, Rob. Since the item would have gotten better, not worse, you could have just edited the item, but removing it is certainly fine as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
If anyone wants to participate in the trade, but can't attend the event, I might be able to act as a "proxy" (picking up/delivering the games for you). If you're interested, either post here, or geekmail me.
Thank you for the offer, Kevin. I just learned my plans for next weekend have changed, and I am highly unlikely to be able to make the trade time or even make the game day at all.

I'll need to submit blank wants unless I can arrange a proxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: Today is the last day to add your games to the trade.

EDIT: And geekmail sent to Ken about proxying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The list is now closed. Please start working on your wants (if you haven't already), and feel free to submit them as often and frequently as you wish. Only your last submission before the deadline will be used. The deadline to submit your wants is Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 08:00 PM PST.

Tips:

1. Only check boxes for trades you'll be happy with. Once the final wants are in, you'll be committed to whatever trades are chosen for you, from the ones you checked.

2. Consider being willing to "trade down" a bit in value, as long as you'll end up with an item you'll get more use out of. But always remember rule #1.

3. Submitting your wants is a multi-step operation. You MUST do all the steps to be sure you're really in the trade:

--a. In the OLWLG, from the step 4 grid, click the "Submit your lists here" link, above or below the grid.

--b. Review the summary, which is in a handy format that shows what you are willing to accept, for each of your items.

--c. Click the Submit My Wants button at the top of the page.

--d. Check your geekmail to make sure you received a confirmation. If you don't receive one, you probably aren't yet participating in the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like everyone participating in this trade has experience with other math trades, but please feel free to ask questions if you have any. Spectators are welcome to ask questions as well.

I have submitted my final wants, so I tried a test run to see how things are looking so far. A handful of people having submitted wants so far (which they could change, of course), and of those, 40% have at least one trade. Typically the number of trades goes up semi-exponentially as more and more people submit their wants.

"Submit early and often!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With a bit over half of the participants having submitted at least a draft wantlist, we're not seeing as many trades as I would hope. Fingers crossed that the numbers will go up as more folks submit (or re-submit).

Today is your last weekend day to work on your wantlist, so make the most of it! The deadline is Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is that 76% of participants have submitted wants. The bad news is that we still only have a single trade.

The number one rule of math trading, of course, is to never check a box that might result in a trade you would be unhappy with. So I can't in good conscience suggest that you loosen your wants. However, you should know that you probably don't yet have any trades.

Geekmails have gone out to the few folks who haven't submitted yet. And of course everyone is free to re-submit right up until the deadline (Tuesday 8pm).

EDIT: I should note that ethically I cannot alter my own wants at this point, because that would risk me gaming the trade to my own advantage. So everyone except me is free to edit and resubmit their want lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically I'll be out gaming this evening, so there is a chance I might not be able to close the trade exactly at 8pm. Don't count on me being late, but you might get a bit of extra time for some last minute changes to your wants.

The results definitely should be posted by 9 or 10 tonight, at the latest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The results are up. Just one trade.

Whether you made a trade or not, you might want to take a look at the "Who wanted mine" link in the OLWLG. Often you can make a side deal, whether as a trade, or as a purchase/sale (please be sure to run any sales through the BGG marketplace).

Thanks to all of you for participating, and I hope to see you at the gaming day event!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Sedlacek
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for coordinating this and at least giving it a try, Kevin! Sorry we didn't get more trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls