Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2015 has finally arrived, bring about another Canadian math trade with it. Here is your perfect opportunity to try and trade away all the crappy games you just received for X-Mas.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2015 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2015 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Saturday January 3rd 4:00 PM EST to Sunday January 11th 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Sunday January 11th 11:00 AM EST to Tuesday January 13th 11:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, January 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, January 13th, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade Results:

Results (OLWLG) = bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=184533

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/184533-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/184533-officialwants.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Although my degree of participation will largely depend on my success in the US math trade which ends tomorrow. Largest math trade in BGG history, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Games listed...now the wait begins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to participate but leaving the town where my collection resides for school in the morning. Space is at too much of a premium to bring along games that only have potential to trade. Oh well! Maybe this summer.

Edit: actually was able to bring along a few tasty morsels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett L
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I'm in Winnipeg. Does anybody have any tips for who to ship with/how to ship and/or a general idea of how much it will end up costing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrickRoadDX wrote:
I'm in Winnipeg. Does anybody have any tips for who to ship with/how to ship and/or a general idea of how much it will end up costing?

Send by Canada Post unless you've got some corporate deal with someone else.

Really depends on weight. I think a 12x12x4 box will run around $15?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrickRoadDX wrote:

Canada Post is your best bet, unless you've got cheaper shipping through work or what not that you can use.

Weight affects the price, but box volume is really the big determination for shipping costs. The bigger the box, the more you'll pay. So try to use smaller shipping containers that aren't filled with dead, empty space.

Your location could work in your favor for costs as well, since you're pretty central regardless of where you end up having to send something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to add multiple copies of an item without copying the same item multiple times? As in, is there a line of code I can add to indicate how many copies of an item I have, so the trade maximizer and olwlg recognize the single item as multiple items?

Nevermind! Googled it, and figured it out. Enter:

%options%
Copies: #
%end%

Where # is the number of copies of the item you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Olivier
Canada
SUDBURY
Ontario
flag msg tools
This will be my first math trade so I am testing the water with just one game! How often do these happen for Canadian user?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cupcakeandtea wrote:
This will be my first math trade so I am testing the water with just one game! How often do these happen for Canadian user?

Usually run on a quarterly basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Olivier
Canada
SUDBURY
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thank you for the information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
cupcakeandtea wrote:

this will be my 2nd Canadian one. I had great success with my last one. Shipping was about $15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Piette
Canada
Beloeil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello BGGers!! I've been away too long and I've just recently started to play regularly again... And the pleasures (or the sickness) is still in me. I love Boardgames!!! So, I've done a quick overview of my precious collection for this math trade, but will go more thoroughly for the next one!

Anyway, just one question or confirmation, when I'll fill out the OLWLG with my want list, will I need to list the items by prefence, or for this math trade, this is irrelevant. Just want to know if I'll need to put in the extra effort or just list my wants.

Thanks again for another great math trade, I just love these.

And happy new year everyone!! Filled with tons of games to play!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Migmeister wrote:
Anyway, just one question or confirmation, when I'll fill out the OLWLG with my want list, will I need to list the items by prefence, or for this math trade, this is irrelevant. Just want to know if I'll need to put in the extra effort or just list my wants.

We are not using priorities for this math trade, so you don't need to put in the extra effort to prioritize your wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Piette
Canada
Beloeil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thank you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrickRoadDX wrote:

If you have an accurate postal/kitchen scale available (I picked one up for $9.99), you can save money by printing your shipping label at home via paypal using this link:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&info

I usually budget for around $15/game for shipping & rarely find it exceeds that amount unless it's an unusually large game (although I guess it helps to be centrally located in Manitoba).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Migmeister wrote:
Hello BGGers!! I've been away too long and I've just recently started to play regularly again... And the pleasures (or the sickness) is still in me. I love Boardgames!!! So, I've done a quick overview of my precious collection for this math trade, but will go more thoroughly for the next one!

Thanks again for another great math trade, I just love these.

And happy new year everyone!! Filled with tons of games to play!!

Welcome back & good luck on this math trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're well past 900 items now with 3+ days to go. This is shaping up to potentially be the largest Canadian math trade ever.

Get the word out about this math trade by telling all your geek buds that may not know about this math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cats, there is a lot of fantastic stuff up this time.

Now so long as everyone submits their want lists with all my items selected devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Olivier
Canada
SUDBURY
Ontario
flag msg tools
Because this is my first trade I have to ask:

I only have 1 game up for trade and selected quite a few games in hopes of finding a trade.

Question: Do you trade with any other individual or will you trade with one the individuals you selected?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll send your game to whomever the program determines you are to send your game to. You'll get a game in the same method. The person you send your game to may or may not send one back to you, probably they will send one to someone else, who will send one to someone else, who will send one to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Piette
Canada
Beloeil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jepp! Board Gamers are a very nice crowd!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, over 1,100 items already! surprise

I've added a few Wii U & 3DS video games that I thought may be of interest, but also have a bunch of older Wii/DS games in my collection I could make available... if anyone's looking for any particular titles, feel free to GM me directly or post on the requests list & I'll post them (if I have them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.