Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm trying to understand the rules for GEV, which I just received today. This forum seems more active than the dedicated GEV forum, so I thought I'd post my question here.

First edition rules say:

5.05 Ramming and collisions. A unit may (usually as a desperation tactic) attempt a physical collision with an enemy unit.

The rules then go on to detail ramming the train and how to handle an OGRE ramming. There is nothing about an armor unit ramming another armor unit, nor could I find anything about that in the section on overrun.

Am I missing something, or is there no way an armor
Unit can ram another armor unit in GEV?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In the G.E.V. rules an armor unit cannot ram another armor unit. You have overrun combat instead. Ogres are big and indestructible, so they can be rammed. The train can't turn or change speed fast enough to prevent a collision, but another armor unit is going to either shoot you or get out of the way. Plus you can shoot it. So no armor-on-armor ramming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.