Subject: Game Stores Near Nashville, TN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brennan Flora
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Headed to Nashville for a weekend. Are there any good board game stores to check out? I went to The Game Keep once upon a time, and it was great. Any others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gadfly13 wrote:
Headed to Nashville for a weekend. Are there any good board game stores to check out? I went to The Game Keep once upon a time, and it was great. Any others?

The Game Keep in Hermitage (largest selection of hobby games)
The Game Cave in Hermitage (Haven't been, but hear good things)
The Nerdary in Hermitage (Small selection, but nice shop) Apparently closed now.
Comic City Too in Madison (Decent selection, lots of comics)
The Next Level Games in Goodletsville (Primarily Magic)

I'm a Euro gamer primarily, and I have a hard time finding the kind of games I like locally, but I do like Comic City Too the best, and The Game Keep Second.

Hope you enjoy your visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Osborn
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The nerdery closed quite a while ago. For my money game cave is the best for board games, followed by comix city too. Next level has board games but the mark up is ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edwards
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Coming in hot!
badge
Use the force....
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind driving to Murfreesboro (roughly 30 miles out of Nashville), there are:

Roll the Dice (good store, good atmosphere, good selection)
Grand Adventures (Smaller store, focused more on miniatures, but all boardgames and RPGs are 20% off)

The two stores are within a mile of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HaasBioroid wrote:
The nerdery closed quite a while ago.

That's unfortunate, I haven't been down that way in a while, so I hadn't heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Gadfly13 wrote:

The Game Keep in Hermitage (largest selection of hobby games)
The Game Cave in Hermitage (Haven't been, but hear good things)

I went to both of these a few months ago when I was visiting my folks. They are pretty close to each other, but the selection at The Game Keep was enormous by comparison to The Game Cave. The people at both facilities were friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Flora
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, everyone. We will probably check out Comix City Too, The Game Cave, and pay a second visit to The Game Keep. I really liked The Game Keep.

I did stop by Next Level Games a year or two ago. They had a pretty good selection when I visited, but the staff didn't care about board games (or selling them, apparently).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phillips toy mart used to have a nice selection of games but I haven't been in Nashville in 8 years
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Flora
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We made it out to The Game Cave, The Game Keep, and Comix City Too.

The Game Cave was hopping with activity, a nice space, and had an OK selection of games. I didn't get to interact with any of the staff.

The Game Keep is a lot like our Rusty Scabbard in Lexington. I'd been there once before. The owner is a really nice guy. Good selection and some really interesting non-game items. Great t-shirts.

Comix City Too was full of people. The store reminded me of A+ Comics in Lexington (at least before they moved). Great selection of comics. Good selection of games. The staff member I met was really friendly and said they were restocking from Christmas. He told me that they were willing to ship to me, if I ever wanted to buy something from them without making the trip to TN. He really appreciated the store having been mentioned on the Geek.

Thanks everyone for the tips. We had a great time visiting Nashville area stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls