Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftovers math trade for the recently ended Winter trade. Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay close attention to the shortened submission times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter Leftovers

Request GeekList: N/A (use the discussion thread).

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday January 14th 10:00 AM EST to Friday January 16th 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Friday January 16th 11:00 AM EST to Saturday January 17th 12:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, January 16th, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Saturday, January 17th, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade Results:

Results (OLWLG) = bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=185492

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/185492-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/185492-officialwants.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone make sure to pay attention to the shorter submission times. This is a much quicker math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this I am redeemed I hope!

I'm such a goof. I thought I submitted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now up and running in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Acceptable to include 'wins' from the previous trade? I traded aggresively for Netrunner, thinking THE MACHINE would remove duplicates only to discover I am the lucky recipient of three copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:
Acceptable to include 'wins' from the previous trade? I traded aggresively for Netrunner, thinking THE MACHINE would remove duplicates only to discover I am the lucky recipient of three copies.

Yes, with the caveat that you are now on the hook if the duplicate items you were to have received are damaged or don't meet their original description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:

Note that if you're serious about getting into Netrunner, having multiple core sets (for access to three copies of most/all the cards) is a Good Thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up:

Q: Is it correct to assume that you do not have the game I'm hand and will be drop shipping it? If so it may be worth mentioning in your entry that you are re-posting user X's copy.

That will allow people to judge if they want to receive a game from the 3rd party based on their trade feedback rating and not yours.

A: I'm genuinely in two minds about this.

I don't have the copies in hand, but on the other hand the trade is on my head - i.e. I will make good any deficiencies in the trade. If you get shorted I will see to it that you are taken care of so my trade rating should be the one of interest, non?

Can we get a ruling on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to Kijiji my leftovers. With shipping it just doesn't become worth it for the smaller fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:
A question came up:

Q: Is it correct to assume that you do not have the game I'm hand and will be drop shipping it? If so it may be worth mentioning in your entry that you are re-posting user X's copy.

That will allow people to judge if they want to receive a game from the 3rd party based on their trade feedback rating and not yours.

A: I'm genuinely in two minds about this.

I don't have the copies in hand, but on the other hand the trade is on my head - i.e. I will make good any deficiencies in the trade. If you get shorted I will see to it that you are taken care of so my trade rating should be the one of interest, non?

Can we get a ruling on this?

It doesn't seem to me that there's any conflict here. As you state, and as Ox noted above (thus no further ruling necessary, in my mind), the trade is ultimately on your head, so, yes, your rating should be considered.

At the same time, I can certainly see where the questioner might be coming from. If I happened to have had an experience with the originating user where an item was not as described, I may want to forego this new item simply to avoid the potential hassle of going to anyone to have the issue rectified or compensated for. OTOH, if I know the originating user to be someone who is very accurate is his or her trade descriptions, I could have confidence in selecting this item. And I could certainly see someone accounting for both your and the originating user's feedback ratings.

Having seen the phrase "full disclosure and all" used once or twice in the original trade, I don't believe you would be harmed at all by stating that the game will be shipped by another user. I'm pretty sure I recall a previous Canadian trade where someone, finding himself in a similar position to yours, listed an item with the explicit statement that the item would be shipped by a user other than himself.

Just my thoughts as a fellow participant without any real skin in this particular game; hope it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kshymensky

Winnipeg
Manitoba
msg tools
mb
Anyone have any suggestions about combining left overs?

I have a few games that didn't even get a nibble and it's hard to tell if I should just cut my losses and look to sell local or try to mix them together.

Was thinking some like Steve Jackson (Munchkin + Mini Expansion, Illuminati, Hacker, Strange Synergy), and Twilight Creations (Humans!!!, Martians!!!, MidEvil) but that is getting to be a pretty large bundle!

Is anyone interested in any of those games in any combination?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure to state that it's a duplicate item that will be shipped via another BGG user and that you will take full responsibility for the shipped item (shipping damage, missing components, etc...).

I think that should cover everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MiJo2013 wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions about combining left overs?

One option is to list them as a "pick 2 of these" item. That sort of concentrates the interest in any combination of the items into one item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MiJo2013 wrote:
I have a few games that didn't even get a nibble and it's hard to tell if I should just cut my losses and look to sell local or try to mix them together.

Yeah, it's hard to know what to do when it's not known why some games haven't gotten interest. My own experience has involved offerings getting zero wants in one math trade receiving them in a later math trade. Why? I've guessed at the following possibilities:

1 Different users participating (even in a "leftovers" trade, we may see participants who weren't in the main trade).
2 Same users but with different/revised offerings.
3 Same users whose interests have changed or who've loosened up their threshold for wants.
4 Users who previously failed to submit a want list actually do so in a future trade. Seriously not really trying to make a dig at anyone here—but it's the simple reality that one person's wants could have been the lynchpin for an entire trade loop (or loops!).

There may be more possibilities that aren't occurring to me ATM. Bottom line amongst all these? None of them are within your control. All that is is your participation (and thus your persistence). Perhaps you can combine/sweeten going forward, but don't be immediately disheartened if you don't see results, because the reasons may nonetheless be out of your control (see above).

So, at the same time, continue to seek other venues for selling/trading, whether online or offline. The wider a net you cast, the better your chances of a catch.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Aitken
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, first ever math trade, I have tried to read/watch some tutorials and am not out to "get" anyone.

Let me know if I do anything wrong etc.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrangler66 wrote:
Just a heads up, first ever math trade, I have tried to read/watch some tutorials and am not out to "get" anyone.

Thanks

Welcome to the addictive wonderful world of math trades! cool

Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you're stuck, there's lots of us to help out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember when we'd be happy when we broke 400 items on the main math trade. Now we're doing that easily on the leftovers trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 24 hours remaining to get your games listed for trade. Deadline is Friday January 16th at 11:00 AM EST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrangler66 wrote:

Hey Joel! Thanks for participating. If you have any questions before the deadline, feel free to ask, we're all pretty helpful here. The more traders, the better the math trade!

Your statement above leads me though to want to make something clear with you, so there's no misunderstanding.

I'm afraid we won't let you know if you do anything wrong.

To be precise, if you make a mistake in your offer posts, it's likely someone will correct you. I mean specifically that noone will look at your submission to check that it makes sense and that no mistakes were made. Your submission will be given to a computer algorithm which, being cold, unfeeling technology, cannot know that you meant X when you said Y. And there's no human double-checking that trades make sense. So if you accidentally tell it you're willing to trade away your entire collection of Small World plus expansions for a water-damaged copy of Fluxx, then so be it. (And that trade almost certain would happen. Assume for every item you submit you will get the least valuable thing you said you would accept in exchange for it.)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Some background: There was a math trade a few years ago. After it concluded and everyone started to send out trade requests, one guy said he made a mistake and refused to ship his game. He said repeatedly that people should have seen his submission, known that was a mistake, and stopped him from submitting it or perhaps corrected it for him -- and the fact that people didn't warn him of his mistake meant that they were hoping to take advantage of him, to cheat him even. He would not listen to everyone's explanations that nobody looks at submissions in advance, it's all done by a computer algorithm that assumes you know what you're doing. But it caused a massive headache because he was involved in a big chain.

Because he had expected people to "let him know if he did anything wrong" with his submission, I wanted to be sure that by your comment you weren't expecting the same thing.

If you do make a mistake, it happens. We've all done it. But you will still be expected to follow through with the trade, no matter how bad the mistake...

I hope my words don't put you off. It's a lot of fun! It just depends on everyone taking responsibility for their actions.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, the OLWLG tells me there are 589 items... but when I go to look at the list it only shows 566.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
Hm, the OLWLG tells me there are 589 items... but when I go to look at the list it only shows 566.

A lot of people have used "copies" in this trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure is this is the right place for it or not, but if anyone has a copy of Carcassonne: Inns and Cathedrals laying around they would consider tossing in the trade, it would definitely catch my interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 2 hours to go to add any final games for trade. Geeklist will be locking down at 11:00 AM EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeklist has been locked down and we are now open for wantlist submissions. We almost hit 800 items which isn't too shabby for a leftovers trade.

Take note of the SHORT wantlist submission time. The deadline to get your wantlists in is Saturday January 17th at 12:00 PM EST (that's noon, not midnight).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.