Subject: Blue Moon City Expansion rough translation from Spielbox rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Stone
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Barbara at Spielbox just sent this to me. it is a first pass at the translation before they post it and will obviously need to be cleaned up.

It is in a pdf file and I can't figure out how to paste it into this forum.

If anyone wants a copy, feel free to email me.

-Matt
muttstain@aol.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt forwarded this to me; Thanks!

Reiner Knizia
Blue Moon City
New buildings part 1

The official mini add-on for BLUE MOON CITY comprises four new buildings. Two of them are enclosed with this special issue of spielbox, the others in spielbox 6/06.

The add-on’s four buildings are independent from each other, so both parts of the extension can be used separately and to the full extent. Both new buildings are included in the game as additional buildings.

During the build-up,the central cross with marketplace, palace and the three temples is laid out first as described in the BLUE MOON CITY instructions. The remaining buildings are mixed together with the new ones and randomly placed according to the game instructions, but with the difference that now also two arbitrary corners of the four are occupied.

If all four new buildings are available, all corners are occupied, creating a square playing area.

The course of the game is not subject to any changes.

The new buildings generally function exactly like the familiar buildings from BLUE MOON CITY. Nevertheless both buildings possess a special ability which enables the players with new action options at the end of their turns if the latter is finished on the according field.

The special ability is marked by a symbol in a bright field right below the middle of the building tile. The special ability can always be utilized, no matter if the building is already completed or not.

A player who finishes his/her turn on the hospital draws two additional cards.

A player who finishes his/her turn on the assembly hall may immediately jump on any other building tile but cannot execute any further actions or use special abilities there.

Hospital
The hospital was a building commonly constructed and
operated by the Hoax and the Mimix. A perfect example for
the necessity of harmony among the peoples of Blue Moon,
creating a symbiosis of the Hoax’ scientific theory and the
Mimix’ practical, close touch with nature, defeating
countless diseases and at least relieving many a suffering
which could not be cured.

Assembly Hall
The assembly hall for all peoples’ delegates. The great
debates on Blue Moon’s future took place here. The Hoax,
not being directly involved in the assembly hall’s
reconstruction, contribute the lateral annex which is
promptly “beautified” by the Khind.

The add-on’s second part contains the buildings “Theatre” and “Golden Shrine”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems a little odd that the new tiles are mixed in with the old (non-palace ones). The corners would seem like a better fit to balance their added power with (potentially) being two turns away from the center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
maelic001 wrote:
It seems a little odd that the new tiles are mixed in with the old (non-palace ones). The corners would seem like a better fit to balance their added power with (potentially) being two turns away from the center.

Indeed, I'm thinking house rule, but am waiting until I see what the Theatre and Golden Shrine do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
The Meeting Hall would be useful regardless of where it is on the board. A lot depends on the rest of the layout and your current card situation.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:

Agreed. In the corners they make sense. As written, it seems logical that the first two players would immediately go to the hospital (and aggravate the perceived turn order advantage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I see these buildings from the expansions, with their special abilities, why do I feel like Blue Moon City was designed with them integrated, and they were merely cut, to then sell as addons after the fact?
Is there a place in Toronto where I can buy spielbox mags without having to order them online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Octavian wrote:
The Meeting Hall would be useful regardless of where it is on the board. A lot depends on the rest of the layout and your current card situation.

-MMM

Nobody doubts the utility of either building. The point is that with their free anytime rewards putting them in the corners might be a useful location based penalty to balance their advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Thinking about it more, that does make sense. It's clearly better to go to the hospital and build a cube there than it would be to go when it is already complete, and a 3 in one of two colors isn't too difficult for anyone to manage.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
muttstain wrote:
Barbara at Spielbox just sent this to me. it is a first pass at the translation before they post it and will obviously need to be cleaned up.

It is in a pdf file and I can't figure out how to paste it into this forum.

If anyone wants a copy, feel free to email me.

-Matt
muttstain@aol.com

You can download the translation from here...

http://www.spielbox.de/pdf/knizia_bmcexp1.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
You can download the translation from here... http://www.spielbox.de/pdf/knizia_bmcexp1.pdf

Dead link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.