Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Gaming shops in Berlin, Germany? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeckyll hyde
msg tools
Hello gaming fellows from Germany . January 19 I will go to Berlin. Maybe you can suggest some good gaming shops in Berlin which would have more newer games like Dead of winter, Caverna, One night ultimate werewolf, Imperial Settlers and so on.

My address will be:
Charlottenburg
Kaiser-Friedrich-Str. 53
10627 Berlin

Maybe you know which board game shops are nearest this place?
Thanks in advance for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Jepson
Ireland
Cork
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two best (in my opinion) are within a few minutes on the U-Bahn from you:

Gamers HQ
Lepsiusstrasse 33
12163 Berlin-Steglitz

Morgenwelt
Markelstrasse 56
12163 Berlin

Both within 5 minutes walk of U-Bahn Schlossstr. (U9). Take the U7 from Wilmersdorferstr, change to the U9 at Berliner Strasse - quite a short journey.

There's also Funtainment in Kreuzberg (S + U Warschauer Str) - this is a mix of boardgames and ccgs.

Der Andere Spieladen (S Prenzlauer Allee, or Strassenbahn M2/M10 Prenzlauer Allee/Danziger Str.) is good if you like ccgs (Magic the Gathering stock there is good), not many board games.

There's also Spielbrett (2 or 3 I think, e.g. U Suedstern) - it huge, but I found this too full of children, as it does toys and games for the mass market, and for all ages.

I'd say Gamers HQ and Morgenwelt have the best board games selection, and then Funtainment. Spielbrett probably doesn't stock the games you're looking for, and there's only a handful of games at Der Andere Spieladen.

Enjoy your visit

Lisa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Jepson
Ireland
Cork
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also forget Spielweise, which is a gaming cafe, but also has a selection of games for sale. It's also near S + U Warschauer, so worth a visit if you go to Funtainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeckyll hyde
msg tools
Thank you very much for your help and very clear information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeckyll hyde
msg tools
I visited both shops and I am very glad and happy, because germans are very friendly and I got Dead of winter and Imperial Settlers, games which i could'nt find anywhere. Morgenwelt shop I liked a lttle bit better because there were more english version games and there were more new games. Thank you for your help again Lisa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Jepson
Ireland
Cork
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you liked it I was actually in Gamers HQ myself today, as it was my birthday yesterday, so my husband bought me a few games

I struggle with trying to find English versions of the games - I often buy the German versions and get the English rules as a pdf from the publisher's website (I do speak above average German for an English person, but not enough for games rules!).

I think Gamers HQ is my favourite though, because I always feel like I'm going to knock something over in Morgenwelt! On the other side, I do feel like I could discover anything in those maze of games meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls