Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is up: Montreal No-Ship Math Trade #19

Request List: Montreal No-Ship Math Trade #19 - Request List

The actual trade will take place on Saturday, February 28th, from 10:00 until 11:30 at Randolph Pub, 2041 St.Denis.

Just to be totally clear.

If you are only attending the math trade and will not stay to play afterwards, there is NO cover charge.

If you WILL be staying to play afterwards, then the $5 cover will apply, after the trading is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...#

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/186604-results-official.tx...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Boulo
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... I was just wondering yesterday when would be the next MathTrade ...

Thanks again for doing this :)

Nick 'The Prophet'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to put up an auction here on the geek. I'm glad to see the math trade as there is already a couple of titles I'm really interested into... If I decide to still run my auction, would it be considered unsavoury to advertise it on this thread?

Thank you,
Dérek Boily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad, check your mail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Merguez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Watch out for Volt and his 1385 $ worth of gift certificates. he's gonna buy off half of the math trade !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Gaudier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am new to the whole Math Trade thing. I followed the steps but can't figure why the geeklist has 300+ items while the OLWLG link only has 118?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny_Lenny wrote:
Watch out for Volt and his 1385 $ worth of gift certificates. he's gonna buy off half of the math trade !

Haha, they never all trade!

But I am sometimes surprised at how many get trade nonetheless! I would like to see more gift cards, I add all of them into my wishlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juggling Mike
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would there be a problem if I wanted to change the amount of copies I have listed in one of my items? (using the %Options% Copies: X %End% setting)

Would this cause any issues with the OLWLG?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fleshcakes wrote:
Would there be a problem if I wanted to change the amount of copies I have listed in one of my items? (using the %Options% Copies: X %End% setting)

Would this cause any issues with the OLWLG?

Thanks

No problem. When I re-synch the OLWLG next, it will pick up the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Hemme
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that someone delete an entry ?!?!?!?
Is it ok to do that ??
It is game 13, les Pilliers de la Terre which has disappeared... !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toynan wrote:
Is it ok to do that ??

Unfortunately it does happen, but with the OLWLG, it doesn't really matter, when I re-synch it will automatically make the changes.

It really only matters if someone is keeping track of things by noting the numbers, but I don't think too many people would do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Boulo
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
Toynan wrote:
Is it ok to do that ??

It really only matters if someone is keeping track of things by noting the numbers, but I don't think too many people would do that.

Well... I was...

Nick 'The Prophet'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I just traded 2 games that were part of my offers, how do I get them out of OLWLG ?
I have edited the geeklist items already to mention they are no longer available, but do I have to do anything in OLWLG ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:
Ok so I just traded 2 games that were part of my offers, how do I get them out of OLWLG ?
I have edited the geeklist items already to mention they are no longer available, but do I have to do anything in OLWLG ?

Nope, nothing else to do. Just make sure that the want list for those two games in the OLWLG are blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Hemme
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Prophet wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:
Toynan wrote:
Is it ok to do that ??

Well... I was...

Nick 'The Prophet'

Me Too...

i.a.m wrote:

You can edit your entry:
REplace the item pic by this one:
and change the description of your item with NO LONGER AVAILABLE in large size and red/bold color

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with soooo many gift certificate offers, how come people just don't offer to buy games they want straight up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny, because while I will sell my games for cash, I will not sell them for gift certificates. And I'm guessing I'm not alone with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
That's funny, because while I will sell my games for cash, I will not sell them for gift certificates. And I'm guessing I'm not alone with that.

If the cash goes back into the hobby, what's the difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I already own too many games. The cash I get for selling my games goes into, I don't know, groceries, my savings account, text books. Other aspects of my life. For people who want more games, then, sure, there's no difference, but for people who want fewer games, there's a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cormier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that qualifying the condition of games is always tricky, but I've noticed that some incomplete games (missing important parts) are qualified as Good condition. I don't think that this is a correct description of the condition.

Here are the Marketplace condition policy which is an excellent reference:

New - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged item in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.
Like New - Item just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets are intact.
Very Good - Very minimal wear and tear. All materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.
Good - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All materials are present. Item may have been used once or twice.
Acceptable - Some damage to the box, but the item is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. Maybe missing a non-crucial piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are readily available on the web. Scuffing on the item.
Unacceptable - Major damage to box and its parts. Possibly missing several important pieces. Broken or missing board/box. No rules/instructions, and they are not readily avaiable. Do not sell this item on the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerome,

can you give some examples? I know that two of the games I listed are missing pieces (https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/186604/item/3719136#item3... and https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/186604/item/3721408#item3...) and I try to give a sense of the condition of the pieces that are there while also pointing out the pieces that are missing.

Mostly because I have more capacity for nuance in the geeklisting than I do in a marketplace description (where I must choose one specific descriptor from a short list and thus try and choose the worst one that is accurate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cormier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
Jerome,

can you give some examples?

The items that caught my attention were number 1261 (Dracula) and 1262 (Attika) wich are missing major pieces.

I don't consider incomplete games to be in Good condition and commented on them.

chearns wrote:

can you give some examples?
...I have more capacity for nuance in the geeklisting than I do in a marketplace description (where I must choose one specific descriptor from a short list and thus try and choose the worst one that is accurate).

While you have the capacity of nuance, I believe that many traders are used to (and are expecting) standard categories on which to base their description and judgement. It is then possible to nuance by explaining and detailing this condition. In fact I thought that it was the normal procedure, and I reacted following this understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.