Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Ogre» Forums » General

Subject: Where are all the promised extras from the Kickstarter? Computer Game, Music, Scenarios etc? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abraham Quicksilver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucester
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just checking back on the old Kickstarter and I'm trying to find the following that were promised:

1) 4 Scenarios by November 2012

2) 4 Scenarios by December 2012

3) Ogre Computer Game by end 2014

4) Tom Smith music

5) The player scenarios combined with 8 other scenarios

6) Rules for engineers and vulcans

7) Ogre Expansion Set by late 2013

Maybe I've missed these, but I can't find any of these on the SJG web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
92 8 13 10/19/89
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have not yet been released. It will be relatively hard to miss the commotion when they are released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are way behind schedule, but so was the basic Kickstarter campaign itself. They have shown though a solid commitment to keeping their promises since then. Be patient!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoss Cartwright
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ask the stickman at the Bally's Las Vegas crap table. The money is stacked in chips as are the dreams about additional Ogre offerings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, you again ... interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Baker
United States
Waycross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lots of Munchkin stuff coming out, but the Jekyll/Hyde treatment of Ogre continues. Its either "over the top" (Big Box Ogre) or Nothing. No middle ground with the support for this game by SJG. I am speaking as a looooong time player and watcher of Ogre and SJG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, they just announced today that they are releasing 'Nightfall' for sale to the general public ($20 at Warehouse 23, after SJG got screwed over by Fire Mountain Games), and there was word today as well that we can expect "Pocket GEV" in the next year or so. They have hired a full time "line editor" strictly for Ogre now, but it does take time to ramp up schedules and effort in any small company.

I'm betting the Nightfall fiasco has put them behind schedule quite a bit as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Baker
United States
Waycross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On the sight now... Not seeing it.

Last Ogre news is June 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scroll down to the "Status of the Stretches" thread. It has the latest on each one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Baker
United States
Waycross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh in the forums?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Kickstarter page for Ogre, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Baker
United States
Waycross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aqsgames wrote:
So, just checking back on the old Kickstarter and I'm trying to find the following that were promised:

As we make progress and have solid news we will let the world know. Watch the Ogre Kickstarter project for updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mack_me_Bucko wrote:
. . . and there was word today as well that we can expect "Pocket GEV" in the next year or so.

I want to deal with this immediately. We are considering Pocket G.E.V. and have made no decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well foo, I'm sorry. I misread the update on the KS page from yesterday. Well, you know we're behind you on Pocket GEV if you decide to make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redmond Dunnigan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcb19682000 wrote:
Its either "over the top" (Big Box Ogre) or Nothing. No middle ground with the support for this game by SJG.

That view doesn't seem to take into account—for example—the downloadable DE rules, scenarios, and record sheets, or the War Room app, or Pocket Edition Ogre. I'm detecting good support for the Ogre line, even for people who don't own the Big Red Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostofjfd wrote:
mcb19682000 wrote:
Its either "over the top" (Big Box Ogre) or Nothing. No middle ground with the support for this game by SJG.

That view doesn't seem to take into account—for example—the downloadable DE rules, scenarios, and record sheets, or the War Room app, or Pocket Edition Ogre. I'm detecting good support for the Ogre line, even for people who don't own the Big Red Box.

Indeed! I nostalgically bought the re-release of the original $2.95 Ogre (which was more attractive to me than the huge Designer Edition) and I have enjoyed soloing it and playing it with a friend. From where I sit, it's certainly not "Big Box Ogre or Nothing".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sockwell
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aqsgames wrote:

1) 4 Scenarios by November 2012

2) 4 Scenarios by December 2012

3) Ogre Computer Game by end 2014

4) Tom Smith music

5) The player scenarios combined with 8 other scenarios

6) Rules for engineers and vulcans

7) Ogre Expansion Set by late 2013

Maybe I've missed these, but I can't find any of these on the SJG web site.

1) 2020

2) 2021

etc.

This lack of support (my opinion) is why I stuck with my original OGRE editions. When was the last time a new official scenario released? New rules? New ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New scenarios were part of the Kickstarter. Nihon Empire, Barbarians at the Gate, Nightfall ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mack_me_Bucko wrote:
Well foo, I'm sorry. I misread the update on the KS page from yesterday. Well, you know we're behind you on Pocket GEV if you decide to make it happen.

Thanks! I just wanted to clarify that it is not a certainty. More research is needed before we make a decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redmond Dunnigan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New rules? What comes to mind first is the revision of the terrain damage/rubble rules. Compare G.E.V. 8.03 and 8.06 (fifth edition numbering) to 13.01 in the Designer's Edition. Someone could argue this isn't a novelty, merely a refinement of existing rules. That's fine; quibbling about what "new" means doesn't interest me. I'd call this an example of how Steve Jackson et al. have given the new edition some thought and attention, not just a new paint job.

New ideas? How about overlays? True, Shockwave included crater and rubble markers. Overlays, though, offer more variety, and they support both deliberate terrain tweaks during setup and the environmental effects of combat.

It seems clear the game's rules have been reviewed and refined. Opinions vary, but I'd describe that as support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Melnarik
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Mack_me_Bucko I am unawares about this Fire Mountain Games fiasco you speak of. Care to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is enough data already here on BGG to find out -- in short: FMG sponsored an expansion, and didn't deliver. SJG has had to take over fulfillment of the expansion on their own dime.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1515144/ogre-nightfall/ge...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1515148/ogre-nightfall/ne...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mack_me_Bucko wrote:
There is enough data already here on BGG to find out -- in short: FMG sponsored an expansion, and didn't deliver. SJG has had to take over fulfillment of the expansion on their own dime.

By now everyone who pre-ordered from FMG should have received their counter sheets. If anyone is still missing these please contact us -- info@sjgames.com -- and we will solve the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil,

Thank yous go out to you everyone at Steve Jackson Games for picking up this issue and handling it so well.

We appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.