Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the Indy Con 2015 No-Ship Math Trade.

Key dates:
Item submissions close 20 Feb 2015, 10 PM EST
Want list submissions close 27 Feb 2015, 10 PM EST
Results posted shortly thereafter

Trade exchange at Indy Con, 7 March 2015, Noon EST

Trade GeekList: Indy Con 2015 No-Ship Math Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a web site to find out more about this convention?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Carlson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cincinnatus wrote:
Don't think so.. it's an invite-only affair (although it isn't all that hard to get an invite...)

Pretty sure it's "sold out" for this year though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
This is different from who's yer con, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Yes, this is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cincinnatus wrote:
http://www.indycon.org

And it has already sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven **
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the trading location? If it was at the hotel, but in an area we didn't need tickets to get to, I'd gladly participate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
IndyCon is a board gaming invitational that is going into it's 8th year.

Everyone that comes was brought as a guest their first time or knows someone in the Indy Boardgamers group and was invited through them.
We sold out in 12 days.

Info is at www.indycon.org

Would love to have everyone that is interested come, but we just don't have the room this year.

We hope to have more space at some time in the future.

That Math Trade takes place in the gaming area so unfortunately it is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "Father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
oh YES it is and in so many ways... aka better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Carlson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note to all in the math trade... someone asked and my "OBO" stuff in quotes is both a reminder to me about what I'm valuing it and also to make things easier to try to unload things if they don't trade.

So, stuff goes in the trading pile first. If, after the trade is over, some things are left, I'd happily take offers/bids at that time...

(*I'm not trying to run an auction and trade at the same time! I've just found this easier than trying to do a separate "games for sale" thing after the trade.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8bg
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this con in any way involved with the Indy Tabletop group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "Father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
8bit Geezer wrote:
Is this con in any way involved with the Indy Tabletop group?
Nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john mason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
McGuit wrote:
That Math Trade takes place in the gaming area so unfortunately it is closed.

NOOOOOO!!!! Oh well the wife prolly wouldn't let me go anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The OLWLG is now open for want list submissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Just shy of 400 items?! Lots of good stuff! (And plenty of middlin' stuff for me to make trades with my middlin' stuff!) Great list, all! Now... to valuate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryP wrote:
Wow! Just shy of 400 items?! Lots of good stuff! (And plenty of middlin' stuff for me to make trades with my middlin' stuff!) Great list, all! Now... to valuate!
Lets make it 400 even!

Today I thrifted a copy of Word on the Street at the New Castle Goodwill. Had I acquired this 24 hours earlier I would have added it to the math trade (since I already own a copy). So if anyone who reads this has any interest in WotS GM me after the math trade is completed. I've got $2 invested in it.

Box is in very good condition vith very little shelf wear, but does have tape and the goodwill price tag. Components are in very good condition. It looks like its only been played 1-3 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jrtolf wrote:
Today I thrifted a copy of Word on the Street at the New Castle Goodwill. Had I acquired this 24 hours earlier I would have added it to the math trade (since I already own a copy). So if anyone who reads this has any interest in WotS GM me after the math trade is completed. I've got $2 invested in it.

Box is in very good condition vith very little shelf wear, but does have tape and the goodwill price tag. Components are in very good condition. It looks like its only been played 1-3 times.
Super easy fun party game! If no one else bites, I might. We have it, but the 3yo daughter keeps getting into it for the nifty letter tiles. I'm fear the day that I find it out and all the cards are bent to make a "fairy castle".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you all know, I confirmed with Stephen that Item #383, the $25 gift card to Coolstuff is good. It just won't show that way in the tool, but rather show as Outside the Scope of BGG.

See you all in less than 2 weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick flea market request, instead of a Google Doc can we run the market via a geeklist here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
Quick flea market request, instead of a Google Doc can we run the market via a geeklist here?
Sounds good to me. Better visibility, and folks can ask questions more easily. They can make an offer in the comments or via GM. Certainly more fun to shop than a spreadsheet! laugh (I almost missed seeing Cat & Fish on the list last year! So glad I gave it a second careful read-through!) robot

(...maybe I should bring Cat & Fish to the Con...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll discuss with The Daves. If we do it here we will need to be sure to give BGG their cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooogene wrote:
I'll discuss with The Daves. If we do it here we will need to be sure to give BGG their cut.
I have no issue giving BGG a few nickels and dimes, IMO the Google Doc is just a pain to work with and its doesn't have the visibility that a Geeklist does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooogene wrote:
Ah, very true. Those "nickles and dimes" would be a 3% cut, to be clear. That is tolerable. However, I would NOT want to deal with going through the BGG Marketplace. That would remove and worsen any ease of use.

I'm happy staying with the spreadsheet, then, if it just adds hassle.

I flip like a flapjack or the best politician.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, double-check your want lists!

Apparently one item (Geeklist link: 3736272) has disappeared. I do not remember what it was, but I had it on my want list, and now it links to nothing.

I don't want to receive nothing!

(Remember, if you decide you really do not want to trade an item, it is better to just submit a blank list for it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryP wrote:
Folks, double-check your want lists!

Apparently one item (Geeklist link: 3736272) has disappeared. I do not remember what it was, but I had it on my want list, and now it links to nothing.

I don't want to receive nothing!

(Remember, if you decide you really do not want to trade an item, it is better to just submit a blank list for it.)
Gary, geeklist stil shows 399 items. Thats what it was when then listing period ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |