Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode # 72 of the Dice Tower has been posted!

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Not so much regular news this week, but we continue our contest for Quest for the Dragonlords. I review Take Stock, and we discuss our Hot Games of the Month. We answer some questions, but the main part of our show is a special report from Rick Thornquist and Moritz Eggert - along with their top ten games from Essen 2006.

You can find the top ten list here:
http://www.thedicetower.com/thedicetower/index.php?page=top_...

Enjoy!

Tom Vasel
"Real men play board games"
www.thedicetower.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I will listen to that tonight!

Of to take a peak at the list first, though - you leave a link for that, so I'll follow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
List looks good. I'll enjoy the show.

At a guess, Shogun wasn't included because it's a Wallenstein clone, and Imperial because they haven't played it yet/not played enough.

Otherwise, I'd guess one of those guys would have had one of them in...but the prog may tell us.

Hey, Tom - you've played Iliade, and you liked it. Have you got any inside info on what's going on with this game? Seems like it was out quite a while ago via preview copies and maybe out in France or somewhere else, yet Asmodee didn't go to Essen and now it appears to have gone subterranean. No-one I've spoken to who own a FLGS seems to have any idea what's going on with it. Strange.

This is a shame because I think it may have gone down pretty well at Essen - ahistorical elephants aside, which personally, I can enjoy without worrying about. It's not a simulation, so just get on and have fun! If it was a simulation, however, the inclusion of elephants would be a disasterous flaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Dice Tower, Episode # 72 - Top Ten Games from Essen
I had all but given up on the top ten lists, but this week's was something I was actually looking forward to.

As for the "joke"sponsors... they just aren't funny at all. I'm still cleaning the blood out of my ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I was right - they hadn't played them, but hope to soon.

Nice episode, but boy did it take an age to download the first time (and no, I don't have an old computer and yes I do have broadband). Maybe zillions of folks were trying to do the same!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
This is Bubbles the pig and his best friend is Panda!
mbmbmbmbmb
I, on the other hand, love the joke sponsors. Just feel that you need to ration it out one per episode and to hit us when we least unexpected it. Else, it'll be too normal and everyone's expecting it.

Love this show! Now I know how to pronounce the saulen erde game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.