Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] california [+] [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend lives in Cypress and I live in San Diego. We have been trying to find a walk-in gamestore halfway between our homes where we can meet
to play boardgames. Ideally, it would be in the San Clemente-Irvine-Costa Mesa area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brookhurst Hobbies, I believe, has gaming tables, but the place is older and a bit messy for my tastes (though it's a mecca for miniatures)... They are located at 12188 Brookhurst Street in Garden Grove and their phone number is (714)636-3580.

My recommendation, though, would be Game Castle in Anaheim (2095 E. Ball Road). The store is big and clean and I believe there are three large tables set up for gaming. Give 'em a call - (714) 871-5800.

Good luck!

~Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Ganaden
United States
Buena Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You might as well check out Game Master in the Laguna Hills Mall while you're at it. They've got the table space and I've seen groups gathered up in there.

And maybe this link in the O.C. Register might whet your whistle about the Duck Club in Irvine:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/article_1298...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eganaden wrote:
And maybe this link in the O.C. Register might whet your whistle about the Duck Club in Irvine

The Duck Club is neither a store or somewhere that you can randomly show up. It is one of the places where the Orange County gaming group meets once a month (at which time you CAN randomly show up.......)

There is also a group that meets every other Saturday afternoon at the El Toro library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Can you believe that in the 1980s there were TWO gamestores in San Clemente, then numbering only 30,000 residents? And now there are none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something in here?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

http://www.gamestoredb.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the good way to find out more about the Orange County Board Gamers:

www.ocbg.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more information on the groups Stephen mentioned:

The Duck Club meetings are 2nd Sundays 10-10. The Duck Club is a couple miles off the 405 near Michelson in Irvine. The Duck Club is on a private road that does not show up on maps: you need to join www.ocbg.net to get directions or a map. Really, really, really: you will not find it by yourselves!

The meetings at the El Toro Library community room are every other Saturday 12-5, with more gaming after in the back room of a nearby restuarant that closes at midnight (buy a meal for about $15 per person and play until midnight--they're used to us). Dates for the rest of the year are Nov 4, 18; Dec 2, 16, 30. The library is under a mile from the El Toro exit of the 5. Detailed information and maps are at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/stradv_association/ and also on OCBG.

Two game stores are also near the El Toro exit, but their game space is extremely limited: one table each, last I checked; and I don't think either could take a game as big as Railroad Tycoon. The gaming groups are a far better option if the timing works for you.

In both cases, the groups are free, friendly, willing to teach you games and let you try new games. Or, if you want a table to yourselves, there's room for that, too, in either the Duck Club or the community room.

If you have any questions, please ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thomas
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an excellent game store in Vista, just a couple miles east of the 5/78 junction called Pair A Dice Games. They have plenty of tables and a very nice selection of games too. I realize that's closer to you than him, but it's worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all who replied to my query. I'm always amazed at the cooperation that I always receive when posting on the "Geek". It's a terrific site with terrific gamers! I will be sure to check out all the options that were suggested. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls