Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to those who helped me on how to shirnk down the file to a reasonable 22 meg for an hour long show.

Please let me know what you think of the show and if I should continue!

In this episode, an introduction to me and my sordid childhood, why games are like moviestars, a review of the World Cup Game, a second chance for one lucky game, another nail in the coffin for a not-so-lucky game, COMPETITION A GO-GO and various other ramblings all lovingly brought to you by yours truly!

Head here: http://www.jellycast.com/directory/index.php?page=jellycast&... to listen to all the lovely goodness now.
An actual mp3 download will be made available in the next day or two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Re: The Happy Happy Board Game Love-In Episode 1 now available!
The mp3 download is already available, and it downloads FAST.

Is jellycast UK-based? The download was significantly faster than US-based hosts.

Now to go listen ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Happy Happy Board Game Love-In Episode 1 now available!
Drew1365 wrote:
Best Podcast Name EVER! cool

Thankyou. I was in a weird place when I chose it.

Glad the mp3 is up as it makes my life easier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have finished listening to the the podcast, and have to say I really really enjoyed it ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Luke, many thanks for that. It was nice to listen to someone rambling on about boardgames without hearing a strange accent or suddenly realising it was me talking to myself.

For a podcast with (apparently) little editing you did a remarkable job of talking clearly without umming & ahhing or drifting off the point. What sounded like you unwrapping some sandwiches and having your lunch (at about 43:00) was particularly laid back.

Looking forward to your next session. Yup, Hamster-boy, you're on the treadmill now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks kindly.
You missed the chance to say I was on a Hamster-wheel now.....

I did do minimal editing but that was mainly post production to get rid of the mouse clicks when I paused recording for the loo etc (cos that's just a BIT beyond the call of podcast duty).
I made sure I had most stuff to hand for names, publishers etc and did have to completely re-do one part cos it went horrifically wrong (though I may leave that kinda thing in in future). I also sometimes paused between segments though mainly cos I did the segment announcements this time as I went along. In future I'll probably use the same audio intros for the segments...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only gone and got myself a blog site for the 'cast....

Check out http://happyhappyboardgames.blogspot.com/ and don't forget to leave me feedback you ungrates!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Happy Happy Board Game Love-In Podcast 1 now availab
Luke, I keep forgetting you're a guy. I always look at your avatar and think that gorgeous minx is you. Lets agree never to meet in person, as I don't want to lose control of myself.

I'll take a listen and let you know what I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hughthehand wrote:
Luke, I keep forgetting you're a guy. I always look at your avatar and think that gorgeous minx is you. Lets agree never to meet in person, as I don't want to lose control of myself.

I'll take a listen and let you know what I think.

My parents had many problems with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam. I am one of those guys who just changed my avatars recently. I WAS Earl, from My Name is Earl tv show. Now I'm Wierd Al from his new video, White & Nerdy.

COMMENTS ON PODCAST:

OOOHHHHHHH....you're married to a WOMAN. See, everything falls into place.

I especially enjoyed the comment about curing the lung cough thing by drinking milk. That is just brilliant.

Also, I was laughing my ass off with the - I'm doing the finger things for "euro" games.

Damn...your life at 13.....ROCKED ALL FORMS OF ASS! I didn't get to that phase of my life till college. You were an early bloomer. Nice job. In all seriousness, the background on your life was pretty kewl, kind of let me feel like I knew where you were coming from. I liked that a lot.

Just to note: Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels is an AWESOME movie!

Do you or do you not, own 8 copies of Titan?

A bit rambling on the SOCCER thing. But, I'm American, I could care less about "football", so whatever.

I really like your Second Chance section. That should be a staple in your show. I am opposite with Thurn & Taxis though. I liked it a lot at first play, the more I play it, the less I enjoy this game. I'm in the camp that thinks this is multiplayer solitaire.

The only real problem I have with your show is the bit of rambling during your review. If you could tighten that up a little, which I'm sure will come with the more you do this, your show will be really damn good.

I think another good section would be your ratings changes and why - up or down ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hughthehand wrote:

Do you or do you not, own 8 copies of Titan?

Maybe....

EDIT: I just recommended my thread by mistake when I meant to look to see who had. Just so people know I'm not just blowing my own trumpet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice podcast Luke thumbsup

Great idea on the Monkey Island game, I'd definitely be interested in that! It would be particualrly cool if Moon, Knizia, Kramer, and Wallace all made different Monkey Island games, and we could compare how different they all turn out, heh.

Definitely agree with you about St. Petersburg!

No clue on two of the three contest questions soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve
United States
SE
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enjoyed the podcast! way to be unique.. had fun listening..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey you bloody Southerner! Go get yourself a cloth cap and a black pudding! You know its makes sense (ooh and how about a couple of whippets, too?) You're not a Man Utd fan are you?

Nice podcast. Nice to have some Brits doing this. Is Gertie a German?
Taught here any good football songs? Did she beat you at the World Cup Game...on penalties?

Cool stuff...and since your a rich Southerner, you can get the beers in when we next meet at TCaD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won the World Cup Game on Wednesday AS ENGLAND! Such a proud moment, I had to wipe a tear from my eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Who put old pigweed In the mulligan stew?
badge
Trusted Friend
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed. I cried. I was won over by his wit and forcible genius!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otscotty wrote:
I laughed. I cried. I was won over by his wit and forcible genius!

You've just won a place on my gravestone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Who put old pigweed In the mulligan stew?
badge
Trusted Friend
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke, I need your help finding just the right game. Like everyone else, I've played and enjoyed my share of Ewan McGregors. From time to time, I've also been known to sink my teath into a Rutger Hauer. But what I'm looking for right now is more along the lines of a Salma Hayek. You know any games that fit into that category? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll answer it in podcast #2 *shifties*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeay! I'm at work so I can't listen to it yet, but the fact that your doing it will finally tempt me into getting onto the PodCast listening wagon.

Looking forward to it, Luke...

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed that - very laid back !

Rutger Hauer is Dutch by the way... not German

and it's nice to know there's another madman who goes out in cycle jerseys !

Team Z !!! FTW !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.