Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode # 73 of the Dice Tower has been posted!

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Moritz comes back in this show with some game reviews, and Tom also gives a review of Quest for the Dragonlords. Speaking of that, we finish up our contest for Quest for the Dragonlords, and start a new contest for Cluzzle and Wits and Wagers. David politely explains once again why I’m wrong, and Sam and I come up with our combined list of top ten games from 2005. I interview Satish and Dominic from Northstar Games, and we answer a question, and even explain what a meeple is.

You can find the top ten list here:

http://www.thedicetower.com/thedicetower/index.php?page=top_...

Countdown: 3

Enjoy!

Tom Vasel
"Real men play board games"
www.thedicetower.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Dice Tower, Episode # 73 - Interview with Northstar
Boy, Cluzzle has been a busy game this week. First tanga.com, now the Dicetower!

Looking forward to listening to the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
Countdown: 3

Hmmm... is this a subtle hint that we should start gearing up for secret santa '06? arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Saul-Sehy
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not your best work
I listen to every podcast of the Dicetower and am happy that Tom & Sam work hard on this podcast....but I was not a fan of this latest interview with the Northstar guys. Tom seems to have no rapport with his interviewees at all here.

Tom asks Dominic what his favorite party game is. Dominic replies that it's the home version of Time's Up. When D asks T if he's ever played Time's Up, Tom's answer is a quick, terse sounding "yes, it's one of my favorite party games." Boom. Nothing else. No discussion. No rapport. Maybe I'm reading into the inflection...but it didn't sound good.

Tom asks D's partner about the gameshows they do, commenting that he had a great time at one. He's asked back about his name...the interviewee is laughing while asking "wasn't your team called the XXXXX?" Tom's witty reply? A flat "we were called something." Boom. Threw his interview under the bus.

I must be missing something. I'm happy about all of the good stuff Tom V. brings to the gaming community, but this interview didn't seem to spark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Domino Man wrote:
When D asks T if he's ever played Time's Up, Tom's answer is a quick, terse sounding "yes, it's one of my favorite party games." Boom. Nothing else. No discussion. No rapport. Maybe I'm reading into the inflection...but it didn't sound good.

Because of the static often generated, I have to cut these interviews often fairly sharply. My response wasn't curt, I just wanted to acknowledge that I had played the game, and let him finish.

Quote:

Tom asks D's partner about the gameshows they do, commenting that he had a great time at one. He's asked back about his name...the interviewee is laughing while asking "wasn't your team called the XXXXX?" Tom's witty reply? A flat "we were called something." Boom. Threw his interview under the bus.

I really didn't remember the name. I apologize for not being witty.

Quote:

I must be missing something. I'm happy about all of the good stuff Tom V. brings to the gaming community, but this interview didn't seem to spark.

There were a bit of technical difficulties, I had to have them switch back and forth on the same phone to record. My goal when interviewing someone is to let them talk as much as possible. If that is at the expense of being witty, so be it - I want as much information as possible in the show. Maybe this interview sounded flat - I actually hit it off quite well with these two guys - they are really great chaps.

I'll try to be more interactive on the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Saul-Sehy
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick follow-up, Tom. I appreciate your response. I usually love the show and I love the addition of interviews...just not this one.

I also saw they let you do a celebrity card. How cool is that? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.