Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charles vera
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to do a game review and gameplay video for this game. There is almost nothing out there as far as instructional videos or even reviews that teach you or show you how the game is played. This will be my first review/gameplay video. I've done unboxing videos before but I've wanted to start reviewing and showing gameplay of games. I've been struggling with what should be my first game and when I found this rare gem at one of my local game stores and couldn't pass on the opportunity to buy it new! I always do my research before purchasing a game but due to time constraints and almost no videos reviews or gameplay of the game I bought it blindly. I'm glad I did though! From the written reviews and after reading the rule book it's seems like a good game to do a proper video review/gameplay of it.

So my question is what scenerio should I do for the video gameplay? The basic, first time one? Or another more meatier one?

Any suggestions would be awesome and I'm planning on doing a two player gameplay. Should I do it with more players and if I do decide on two player which superhero teams should I go with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!

I would say stick with the basic starter scenario. It would really be good if you could do a 4 player game. That way all teams are used and you get to show how the arch nemesis thing works with multiple people, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Mr. Spacely was one crooked son of a bitch and I can prove it.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're trying to capture how great this game can be, you might not want to film the basic scenario. Sure, it's shorter and easier to teach but it has its flaws.

From what I remember (sorry, it's been 7 years!!!) but in the basic scenario if you do well in round 1, you have very little chance of winning. Also, the game can end during round 2. I don't think the other scenarios suffered from these problems.

Looking forward to your video!

EDIT: Also, as a viewer I would want to see all four teams, each with their own theme music. Just saying....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bookshelf Games Boys made a rules explanation and playthru once. But sound and video qualily is not the best.
But yes, it is seriously under represented like you say. So anything you post would be a massive improvement! I look forward to it
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see this, Please link it from this forum when its available to view!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the video!