Popular Tags: [View All]
David Norwood
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DAAAN wrote:
I'd be interested in a "Top 10 Highly interactive Games" and what about them makes it OK in your eyes.

I'd also enjoy a "Top 10 most played games" possibly followed by a "Top 10 games I wish were in my top 10 most played games but don't hit the table enough" possibly with focus on what it is that keeps you from playing them more (apart from your learning and filming schedule).

I also want to see "Top 10 Highly interactive Games" where the interaction, conflict, or meanest is such that it is still enjoyable.

Plus I'd like to see a list of games that you enjoy playing solo and enjoy playing it as a two player game just like you do in your run-throughs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned these in my San Juan video yesterday, so just to be thorough:

top 10 travel games (generally decent length and weight, but small travel size)

top 10 restuarant games (tiny footprint games you can finish before your meal arrives)

top 10 fillers (big or small doesn't matter, just games that end in under 20-30 minutes

ALSO, as some of you probably know, I'm doing my KS campaign right on for year 4 funding, and I've decided to commit to a new feature on Rahdo Runs Through: every month, I *will* do one top10 video, and the video I do will be chosen by FULL VOTER backers. I'm doing this in part because as Nils pointed out HERE, full voter backers really should get a little something "more" than voting on a few games to buy ballots. So now they get 12 especially important votes over the year.

So with that in mind, please keep the top10 suggestions coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edwin bautista
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how about...

Top 10 games Rahdo likes that Jen doesn't
or
Top 10 games Jen likes that Rahdo doesn't

similar your previous forum post

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1178910/difference-between-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn Harmon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about, top ten games that help you develop your relationship with your partner? I like that this could include co-ops, but also games that are a rich journey that all participants go on, even better if you go on that journey with your significant other!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Top ten that make you wish you were a polygamist...

... or if not that extreme, you wish you could play with 3+ more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAKE C

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a re-focusing of a Top 10 that Rahdo has already done:

Top 10 thematic games based on historical events (ala Freedom: The Underground Railroad and The Downfall of Pompeii)

I'll modify a couple of ideas by quoting them to give credit where it is due:

huffa2 wrote:
Top ten OOP games.
Top 10 out-of-print games that should be revised and reprinted as new editions (ala Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition)

fifis_AMV wrote:
Top 10 expansions!
Top 10 game expansions that fix the base games (ala Mr. Jack Extension)

Top 10 game expansions that improve the base games (ala Catan Seafarers)

And if Rahdo can't think of 10 to fill the lists, make it a "Top Five" only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAKE C

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
top 10 travel games (generally decent length and weight, but small travel size)

top 10 restuarant [sic] games (tiny footprint games you can finish before your meal arrives)

top 10 fillers (big or small doesn't matter, just games that end in under 20-30 minutes
I CANNOT WAIT for these top tens to come out. Everything that you will come up with will most likely make it to my "games to play with my wife" and "games to play with non-gamer friends and family." thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
katlibrary wrote:
How about, top ten games that help you develop your relationship with your partner? I like that this could include co-ops, but also games that are a rich journey that all participants go on, even better if you go on that journey with your significant other!

As for this, I would speculate that "...and then we held hands..." would be pretty high on the list, due to the mere theme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely +1 for top kickstater games.
And Top 10 games Rahdo likes that Jen doesn't would be interesting. (^_^)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top 10 tv series (maybe since 2000??)

Not boardgame related but im interested in this one.

Also i like the Top 10 Out of print idea, someone mentioned it before here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gumbrell
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Ten Steps
I think that the concept of Top Tens is overdone and that we are somehow missing a trick here! Instead of Top Tens, we should be encouraging you Rahdo, to produce concepts such as Ten Steps. What does that mean?

Well, on Amazon it always suggests 'things you might like...' Based on previous purchases, or current selections. I think that extending this idea would make chains of ten games. If you like this, then you'll like this, and, and you like that, then (no doubt) you'll love .....

An example, if you like Forbidden Island then you'll like Pandemic. If you like Pandemic then you'll sure to love Burgle Bros. This might lead you to Paperback etc......

This concept, I feel, would trawl the database mind of games that you have Rahdo, and add signposts to those, like me, who are at the beginning of this line of stepping stones.

What d'ya all think?

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Auribins wrote:
I think that the concept of Top Tens is overdone and that we are somehow missing a trick here! Instead of Top Tens, we should be encouraging you Rahdo, to produce concepts such as Ten Steps. What does that mean?

Well, on Amazon it always suggests 'things you might like...' Based on previous purchases, or current selections. I think that extending this idea would make chains of ten games. If you like this, then you'll like this, and, and you like that, then (no doubt) you'll love .....

An example, if you like Forbidden Island then you'll like Pandemic. If you like Pandemic then you'll sure to love Burgle Bros. This might lead you to Paperback etc......

This concept, I feel, would trawl the database mind of games that you have Rahdo, and add signposts to those, like me, who are at the beginning of this line of stepping stones.

What d'ya all think?

David
Sounds like that could simply be another top 10 called 'top 10 next step games', and could be a sequel to my top10 gateways games vid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gumbrell
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes, 'Top 10 Next Steps' it is! Hopefully, you'll add to my Forbidden Desert, Pandemic, Burgle Bros list? Where do I head next?

Cheers,

Auribins :meeple:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Icy Skater
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to suggest the top ten board games teens love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I suggest bang for your buck "Games"

We've all spent a lot on a box of air (won't mention the common culprits).
Sometimes a gem pops up that could conceivably been priced higher. Maybe,lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
I would love to see a Top 10 for dexterity games. I know you don't feature them so often but since you liked Catacombs and Rampage maybe you can put together a Top 10?
Top 10 Video games is another one I would love to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Intourette wrote:
I would love to see a Top 10 for dexterity games.

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top 10 overrated games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, don't think I'll ever go down the route of doing 'negative' top10s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Grenier
United States
Shelbyville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:
May I suggest bang for your buck "Games"

We've all spent a lot on a box of air (won't mention the common culprits).
Sometimes a gem pops up that could conceivably been priced higher. Maybe,lol.

I love this idea! I am always looking for bigger games that are relatively cheap! Many of Stefan Feld's games could make that list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Sorry, don't think I'll ever go down the route of doing 'negative' top10s...

I understand your unwillingness to give negative reviews of games, but I just thought I'd share that although I'm not a big fan (at all) of Tom Vasel's style, I love his "top ten games we hate" or "top ten games that stress us out" and the like videos. I find them hilarious whether I agree with him or not. I guess my point is that you could do it in a way that didn't offend, just for the entertainment value and still get more people (who like that kind of vid) to watch more of your vids. although I know you don't need views. ok I'm rambling now, so I'll just leave it at that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brutus60s2 wrote:
in a way that didn't offend, just for the entertainment
Hehe, lately I seem to be offending plenty of folks in spite of my best efforts to the contrary.

But regardless, I don't avoid negative videos to avoid offending... I avoid them because I don't want to cause significant financial harm to people. If I come out and rag on a game, justified or not, that will hurt the publisher of that game. I'm not saying I have as much impact as Wil Wheaton or even Tom Vasel, but I do have some, and in an industry where 10k is considered amazing sales, losing potentialy 500-1k those sales because I decided to include said game in my "top10 worst games of all time" list just doesn't sit well with me.

Tom is comfortable with it because he's convinced himself that he really doesn't have that much impact on sales, but he's very much mistaken in that, I believe. And whether I like it or not, I'm pretty influential as well. Which is why I like to focus on the positive.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, is how I was raised
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane M
msg tools
rahdo wrote:
Tom is comfortable with it because he's convinced himself that he really doesn't have that much impact on sales, but he's very much mistaken in that, I believe. And whether I like it or not, I'm pretty influential as well.

I would have to agree with you on that assessment. As evidence, just look here on BGG at The Hotness section whenever you or Tom do a run through. Whichever game you guys cover seems to immediately jump to the top, or near top of the list and stays there for quite some time.

While I'm sure there would be a way to do a top ten most hated list and spin it in a manner where you mention the good with the bad (ex. "While this is a mechanic/theme/etc. that I don't like, there are many who thouroughly enjoy this aspect, etc. etc."), I respect you reasons for not wishing to go down that route.

Perhaps what people are hoping for with a list such as this, is for a way of avoiding shelling out money for a game they wouldn't like? I'm sure many individuals share your tastes. That's just my assumption and I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAKE C

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nafohw1 wrote:
rahdo wrote:
And whether I like it or not, I'm pretty influential as well.

Perhaps what people are hoping for with a list such as this, is for a way of avoiding shelling out money for a game they wouldn't like?

Short answer: if Rahdo reviews something, it's a given that he does not see it as a bad game that should be avoided. He also reminds us in every review that taste is always subjective.

Dice Tower did a video of Top Ten Worst Games, and I still do know how their list has helped the community. Did it make buyers avoid bad games? Apparently it did not stop people from buying copies at my FLGS. I do not see the same titles returned or brought for store credit to buy "better" games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snorre B
msg tools
mb
I don't know if there even is 10 of them. But i would like to see you talk about your favorite persistent games, where each game influences the next. Not many have talked about it before(i tried to search a little bit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] |