Subject: Help test Dynasties rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the announcement of Dynasties, this is a call for help with testing the expansion. Due to the high number of special nation powers (and how they come into effect) we really need help with testing to be able to finish this in a reasonable timeframe.

Samuel Williams is working on implementing the expansion into the separate testing version of the Vassal client. This is how we will distribute updates to testers.

To participate in the testing, please play a couple of games using the base game Vassal module now (found here) and send me a note when I make a new announcement that the mod is ready (so not now, and one of the things I will ask you to include is how many times you have played the game using the mod). Discussion about the mod is here.

If you feel generous, please send a tip to Samuel, his work is helping us finish this much faster:
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Bonus info: The Inspiration promo pack should hopefully arrive in the BGG store for the April update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to help... but I don't understand a thing about Vassal! :s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Essner
France
Nissa
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I have the same pb about Vassal ! :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vassal is a free program that can be run on linux, mac and windows. You download the program and the modules that you want to play, one module per game. Then you start the program, open the module file and start a game. You can play simultaneously or asynchronously. It is not that hard to use. Here is a starting point to read more. There is help for the program itself, and Samuel has added help for how to play the game (what is special for this module). There are over 1500 modules available, so learning to use Vassal is well worth the time if you are interested in playing games online at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im super interested as well, and im learning Vassal right now, there are some points still obscure, but im confident i can earn it fast.

hope to get the expansion module when it comes out, thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Star
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard about Dynasties today (my birthday!). Would love to playtest it, so I'll start playing on Vassal now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nations: Dynasties beta Vassal mod is finished, help test the expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls