Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Rolling Dice & Taking Names» Forums » General

Subject: Chit Chat Topic for episode 63? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday March 26th we are recording another Chit Chat segment. We have an idea for a topic but thought we would open it up to everyone for suggestions.

Have any ideas on what we could discuss?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Many classic hobby games are getting reprinted this year (Medina, El Grande, Age of Empires III, Car Wars, Ogre, etc.). Is that a sign that the hobby is healthy and attracting new game buyers, or is it a sign that designers are struggling to come up with new game ideas to pitch to publishers?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
Many classic hobby games are getting reprinted this year (Medina, El Grande, Age of Empires III, Car Wars, Ogre, etc.). Is that a sign that the hobby is healthy and attracting new game buyers, or is it a sign that designers are struggling to come up with new game ideas to pitch to publishers?

Whoa, that's deep. Mind if I change to ...what's your favorite flavor of cupcake?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
- favorite convention moments (other than that famous beatdown), AND

- for someone that mainly enjoys the vendor hall and open gaming, best conventions to consider attending other than Origins, Gencon, and BGGCON.. (those are too obvious)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt franz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Cardboard Carnage Podcast
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a game what theme song would you use for your entrance and victory/loss. Every time I hear Chris from the secret cabal talk about components in games I hear Queen's "I want it all" playing in the back ground.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kale
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I reiterate. This is Sparta!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How was it being "Geek of the Week" on BGG. (and my bet is Suz is next)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boanerges wrote:
How was it being "Geek of the Week" on BGG. (and my bet is Suz is next)

Like we need to make Rhi's head even bigger?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boanerges wrote:
How was it being "Geek of the Week" on BGG. (and my bet is Suz is next)

That's not impossible, but it's against the rules of GotW. You are supposed to pass the torch on to someone that you DON'T know well and/or hang out with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kale
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I reiterate. This is Sparta!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Boanerges wrote:
How was it being "Geek of the Week" on BGG. (and my bet is Suz is next)

That's not impossible, but it's against the rules of GotW. You are supposed to pass the torch on to someone that you DON'T know well and/or hang out with.

Didn't realize that. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon Lee
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Boanerges wrote:
How was it being "Geek of the Week" on BGG. (and my bet is Suz is next)

That's not impossible, but it's against the rules of GotW. You are supposed to pass the torch on to someone that you DON'T know well and/or hang out with.

Worry not! I am following the rules. Don't know this person well AND they live in another country. Who knew I had it in me to follow the rules?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gaston
United States
TEGA CAY
SC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Its OK Mark. I didnt know it either because Robin, the previous Geek of the Week nominated Rhi and they both know each other and are part of the Spooning Meeples.

I would have thought Suz would be next as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UNCFanatik wrote:
Its OK Mark. I didnt know it either because Robin, the previous Geek of the Week nominated Rhi and they both know each other and are part of the Spooning Meeples.

I would have thought Suz would be next as well.

We have never met in person, and live in different countries.

And Rhiannon is deserved of the title. I don't see a problem.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fuss > nothing
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sitting Duck
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize it's too late (and perhaps you've thought of it on your own anyway), but I just had an idea for a seasonal Rank 'Em. I'm thinking of ranking the different types of Cadbury Eggs; Crème, Caramel, and Minis. of course, there's only one right answer; Caramel, Minis, and Crème. You just can't go wrong with caramel, Minis inhabit the inoffensive middle zone, and Crème Eggs are just gross.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sittingduck1313 wrote:
I realize it's too late (and perhaps you've thought of it on your own anyway), but I just had an idea for a seasonal Rank 'Em. I'm thinking of ranking the different types of Cadbury Eggs; Crème, Caramel, and Minis. of course, there's only one right answer; Caramel, Minis, and Crème. You just can't go wrong with caramel, Minis inhabit the inoffensive middle zone, and Crème Eggs are just gross.

That would have been a good one. Putting that on the list for the future
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls