Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Ogrerers,

when Spring came around i wanted to go play Ogre out on the table in the garden, but didn't want to risk damaging my precious 6E board outside. So... i created my own in SVG format.

Unfortunately, SJG does not allow us to post clones of official maps, so i cannot simply hand you a ready-to-print map. However, i can hand out the necessary pieces.

This public Google Drive folder:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-LwmfRxDIPveWdleVV5...

contains (in the "maps" subdirectory) SVG-format components for creating Ogre maps with a look and feel similar to the Pocket Edition map. They components are in SVG format, so they can scale to arbitrary sizes with no loss in image quality. See the maps/diy-ogre/pics subdirectory for photos of maps created with these components (unfortunately, G+ doesn't provide a method to link to them such that i can embed an example here).

The maps/diy-ogre subdirectory includes a README which describes, amongst other things, how to create PDF-format, poster-style printable copies of your maps. (Tip: at 6E scale, poster format requires 12 pieces of paper, whereas the scale of the 1987 Deluxe Edition requires only 4.)

With these components, it's easy (with only a little bit of SVG editor know-how) to create your own Ogre maps and variations of it. (Reminder to self: create a couple such variants and post them there to show people how it's done.)

Happy Ogring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.