Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Let me introduce you to a special party member.
One who has been there all along, but somehow never appears in the stories.

Heroes may be good at performing suicidal charges, exploring and never returning from dungeons, or perhaps making heroic final stands. They live and mostly die for these sort of things. They are quite good at it. However, they often have no clue where to go and are certainly not strong enough to carry all that stuff around.

Good thing heroes have a party leader they can follow. He will get them in all sorts of dangers and death situations. All they need to do is follow the mule.

This double sided 'terrain' is present in every battle, and provides heroes with additional options, such as mobility and placing exposure markers on enemies.
There is an option to turn the mule to its anchored side, which carries not only additional high ground and secure position symbols, but also useful recovery effects.

Anchoring the mule comes at a cost though. Even if immobilized, mule has a tendency to get into trouble. Flipping the token to its anchored side turns it to higher priority terrain, which makes it more likely to fall victim of enemy actions from AI cards.

So yes, mule is very helpful, unless it becomes eaten by zombies, dragons and sucked into a tornado of sharks. Hearing 'Eeeat muuuule' groans and strange munching sounds after, just gets on the nerves.

It is up to the heroes to keep advantage of various effects, including charging on the mule with bunch of bloodthirsty heroes, or spontaneous equipping forgotten random epic items.
Who would ever remember what was in these mule sacks?

Of course there will be new gear to equip. And since you already stand on the mule, why not shoot fantasy Gatling gun from it, or throw razor blade fans? No reason not to. Some other hero might even catch the fan for further application, unless he minds having his hand cut off clean.

If shooting is not your thing, then perhaps use the spikes on your armor to impale enemies more than usual. You may carry them around as trophies or, if situation demands it, grab other heroes by their belts and move into or out of danger.

And if you are more into necromancy and evil energies, harvest the souls of your enemies to turn them into red dice later. Such cruel fate.

The Doompocalypse will feature numerous new items and likely more than 1 mule variant to help and/or annoy you during battles.
The Kickstarter for The Doompocalypse and Doomrock second edition launches in early May. Stay tuned.

If you do not hate what you see here, like us on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AssaultonDoomrock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Yeah, the title looks worse and worse with every preview. Sorry!
Cannot edit it, but maybe I'll do better with next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME meeple

Can't wait to get my hands on this expansion. The humor and story behind everything is really well done, absolutely love it.

Just one quick question do you still take suggestions for the encounter theme mini contest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Previews continue to rock. I can't wait to reimagine some familiar battles with the new elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked in one of the threads, but haven't seen the info yet - do you have a price range for the kickstarter backer levels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the new splat symbol on the Gatling Gun mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Quote:
do you have a price range for the kickstarter backer levels
Base game will likely be 40$
Expansion - 30$
Delivery to USA - 20$
A bundle 10$ cheaper.

Quote:
Just one quick question do you still take suggestions for the encounter theme mini contest?
Still about a month left to submit yours. The last encounter we are making or the 'stretch goal encounter' will likely be based on one of the entries.

Quote:
Replaces text 'Divide x extra points of damage between the targets of your attack'.
This symbol is rather experimental at this point, but seems to work well on a bunch of cards from expansion and base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madyoss wrote:
Quote:
Expansion - 30$
Delivery to USA - 20$
A bundle 10$ cheaper.

Quote:
Still about a month left to submit yours. The last encounter we are making or the 'stretch goal encounter' will likely be based on one of the entries.

Quote:
Replaces text 'Divide x extra points of damage between the targets of your attack'.
This symbol is rather experimental at this point, but seems to work well on a bunch of cards from expansion and base game.

So if I already have the base game. I'm looking at $50 ($30 -exp + $20 shipping) for the new stuff. Shipping is a little pricey, but the game is so darn good that I know I'll go for it regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer of the first run, I'm really not a fan of a) $10 bundle savings??? and b) $20 shipping to US.

What was the original $US cost for Assault? I can't remember and I can't find a reference in my emails now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madyoss wrote:
Quote:
Expansion - 30$
Delivery to USA - 20$
A bundle 10$ cheaper.
Will there be a pickup at Essen option? That would be really nice to save shipping costs at least for some.

Quote:
Quote:
Nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
As a backer of the first run, I'm really not a fan of a) $10 bundle savings??? and b) $20 shipping to US.

What was the original $US cost for Assault? I can't remember and I can't find a reference in my emails now.

From original indiegogo page:

$60USD
Assault on Doomrock
You will receive the game along with all the unique indiegogo edition promos and your place on the Wall of the Doomed. Free shipping. For delivery outside of US or EU please add 20$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:

It was $60 (including shipping), so it's mostly the same price with little discounts if you pay for a bundle.

Here is the INDIEGOGO project page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/assault-on-doomrock-board...

Kitarja wrote:
Will there be a pickup at Essen option? That would be really nice to save shipping costs at least for some.
Definitely, there will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... love the new items. Great new mechanics/interactions there. Not sold on the mule. Seems a bit, I don't know, cheesy. The "roll for good things" freebie doesn't sit well. Doesn't fit with the aesthetic of the game, imho. Worried the best option for a player will be to keep returning to the mule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Quote:
Worried the best option for a player will be to keep returning to the mule.
Worry not. Terrain is not designed to dominate the game like this.
Paying a lot of attention so it is a viable option in some situations, not so much in others. It is not suppose to be an obvious choice either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Will the expansion change the balance in the game on time spent on the exploring phases vs the combat phases? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! Will first edition owners have some kind of upgrade option to bring them up to second edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
Looks great! Will first edition owners have some kind of upgrade option to bring them up to second edition?

I recall one of the other preview threads mentioning that the kickstarter would include a 2nd edition upgrade pack or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hendon

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very excited for the expansion. Is there anything that can be done about the shipping price though? 20 bucks to the US is a lot. I want to back the expansion but with shipping so expansive, I think I am out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Quote:
Will the expansion change the balance in the game on time spent on the exploring phases vs the combat phases? Thanks.
Not really. The length of adventuring and battle will remain the same.
Nothing I can do about the length of the battles. If a second expansion ever comes out though, I would shorten the game to 2 battles in an elegant way.

Quote:
Yes. This upgrade will be free for everyone ordering only the expansion.
Quote:

Very excited for the expansion. Is there anything that can be done about the shipping price though? 20 bucks to the US is a lot. I want to back the expansion but with shipping so expansive, I think I am out.

20$ is nearly the actual cost of shipping to the USA (in reality it is a bit higher than 20$). One thing I can do is offer bundles of few copies. This would reduce the shipping cost significantly, so perhaps try forming groups for bulk shipping.

Another preview is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Bring on preview of Doom. Hopefully everything is still on track!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madyoss wrote:
Not really. The length of adventuring and battle will remain the same.
Nothing I can do about the length of the battles. If a second expansion ever comes out though, I would shorten the game to 2 battles in an elegant way.

Wha? Don't do this, please! I like the 3 building tiers of combat. It "feels right" for an adventure. Just two combats seems quite off to me. If anything, add more meat to the adventure part. Complaints about the game being too long are arbitrary, imho. If a player doesn't like 2+ hour games, then they should look elsewhere. There are plenty of 2- hour games.

I don't think this game should sacrifice its design just because some people don't want to play for 2+ hours. If the game drug on too long because it was boring and repetitive in some way, I'd agree. But that's not the case with this game at all. It's 2+ hours of completely engaging, meaningful play. Keep it that way, please. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls