tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At thalia.de (same group as buch.de and bol.de) you have the same prices and new customers can also use the code SPRING20 here (-20%). So you get Concordia for pretty nice 20€. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceTrucker wrote:
At thalia.de (same group as buch.de and bol.de) you have the same prices and new customers can also use the code SPRING20 here (-20%). So you get Concordia for pretty nice 20€. :meeple:

That's less than half the price than it is in the UK! The image on thalia shows the back saying "english materials included". I wonder if that's accurate to the product or just a generic image they're using....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first edition definitely included English cards and English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
The first edition definitely included English cards and English rules.

Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yo Dede
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If by chance the rulebook should be not included look at the publisher's homepage:

http://shop.pd-verlag.de/epages/es719366.sf/de_DE/?ViewObjec...

Additionally, the links for Japanese/Italian and French rules lead you back to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yooohhh wrote:
If by chance the rulebook should be not included look at the publisher's homepage:

http://shop.pd-verlag.de/epages/es719366.sf/de_DE/?ViewObjec...

Additionally, the links for Japanese/Italian and French rules lead you back to BGG ;)

Thanks for the link! My only concern is about game materials, like cards, that seem to have a lot of text! Maybe I should just learn German and I could save a load of money buying euro games from Germany....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yo Dede
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least from this review (http://cliquenabend.de/spiele/298100-Concordia.html) I got that:

"Zu den Besonderheiten zählen auch die Karten, denn es gibt ein Set sowohl auf Deutsch als auch auf Englisch."

-> "A feature is also that additionally to the german card-set, an english one exists."

I do not know if it is the case for the current version.

Still, at the homepage of my last reply, there is also a overview of the cards in english language under the Union Flag

I think it will be perfectly possible for you to get the hang of the cards and enjoy the game. I think in there will also be at least a seperate reference to the cards within the english manual!

Edit: In this review (http://www.brettspiel-lichtbilder.de/2014/03/concordia.html) there is also a reference within the "Spielmaterial"-section:

"72 Spielkarten (deutsch und englisch)", meaning that there are 72 german as well as english cards. If both languages exist on the same card or if there is an additional set of cards, I really don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yooohhh wrote:
At least from this review (http://cliquenabend.de/spiele/298100-Concordia.html) I got that:

"Zu den Besonderheiten zählen auch die Karten, denn es gibt ein Set sowohl auf Deutsch als auch auf Englisch."

-> "A feature is also that additionally to the german card-set, an english one exists."

I do not know if it is the case for the current version.

Still, at the homepage of my last reply, there is also a overview of the cards in english language under the Union Flag ;)

I think it will be perfectly possible for you to get the hang of the cards and enjoy the game. I think in there will also be at least a seperate reference to the cards within the english manual!

Edit: In this review (http://www.brettspiel-lichtbilder.de/2014/03/concordia.html) there is also a reference within the "Spielmaterial"-section:

"72 Spielkarten (deutsch und englisch)", meaning that there are 72 german as well as english cards. If both languages exist on the same card or if there is an additional set of cards, I really don't know.

Wow, thanks for that, I've ordered it, so fingers crossed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Martens
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Hugh,

I ordered Concordia last month from Thalia.de (same group as buch.de) and my version has english cards in the box and english rules. So normally you would be fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vexoraliassam wrote:
Hey Hugh,

I ordered Concordia last month from Thalia.de (same group as buch.de) and my version has english cards in the box and english rules. So normally you would be fine!

Thanks Sam, that's great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yo Dede
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't resist as well 20€ what a bargain!

Now I have to figure out how to explain the purchase to my girlfriend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, it seems as an international customer I can only pay with IBAN bank transfer, and my bank charges me £25 per transfer, so it's not worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://transferwise.com

This works out much cheaper.
I've used it twice.

PS This is a direct link and not an affiliate link that benefits me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
https://transferwise.com

This works out much cheaper.
I've used it twice.

PS This is a direct link and not an affiliate link that benefits me!

That looks pretty good, thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked on Thalia and was going to get Concordia and Han, the site states that shipping to the UK is 8 Euros regardless of value. But at the checkout it's telling me 15 Euros, what gives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
Just looked on Thalia and was going to get Concordia and Han, the site states that shipping to the UK is 8 Euros regardless of value. But at the checkout it's telling me 15 Euros, what gives?

Might have answered my own question, UK isn't listed as a country they ship to it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
UK isn't listed as a country they ship to it seems.
Neither is Greece soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yo Dede
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As is stated on their homepage concerning this topic (http://www.thalia.de/shop/hilfe-versand/show/) it really seems that the delivery costs outside of Germany are country-dependent between 3,50€ and 13€ but only valid for:

Swiss, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Spain and Vatican City State.

Couldn't find anything else about deliveries to UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy from thalia today (the red second edition), there are english rules, setup guide, historical infos and cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceTrucker wrote:
I received my copy from thalia today (the red second edition), there are english rules, setup guide, historical infos and cards! :)

Thanks for the info! I'm trying transfer-wise to pay for it instead of paying the bank £25 to transfer, I'll see if it works...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandela FG
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
SpaceTrucker wrote:
I received my copy from thalia today (the red second edition), there are english rules, setup guide, historical infos and cards!

Excellent news, thanks for posting. Will make my order soon was a little disappointed because I tried to make a big order yesterday and spotted an amazing deal on Alhambra Gold + Expansion for 18 euro pre-discount code but they won't send this item to the UK.

Any suggestions of games to add to my Thalia order? So far Port Royal, Saboteur, Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions), Concordia and Village: Inn. Not sure whether I should chuck Camel Up in there as don't really play with family or younger people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vipissana wrote:
SpaceTrucker wrote:
I received my copy from thalia today (the red second edition), there are english rules, setup guide, historical infos and cards! :)

Excellent news, thanks for posting. Will make my order soon was a little disappointed because I tried to make a big order yesterday and spotted an amazing deal on Alhambra Gold + Expansion for 18 euro pre-discount code but they won't send this item to the UK.

Any suggestions of games to add to my Thalia order? So far Port Royal, Saboteur, Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions), Concordia and Village: Inn. Not sure whether I should chuck Camel Up in there as don't really play with family or younger people.

I've got Alhambra Gold on my order- where does it say it won't deliver to the UK? I'm getting Alhambra Gold, Lancaster and Amerigo all delivered to the UK (at least I hope so!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandela FG
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Was it the same deal? 18 Euro, with the first expansion included? It went in the basket fine but flagged it up and wouldn't let me complete the order when I tried to put it through. I contacted Thalia and they said for logistics reasons there are some products that won't ship to the UK (they're stored in different warehouses). Tell me if you have luck, will try again myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hughwyeth wrote:
SpaceTrucker wrote:

Thanks for the info! I'm trying transfer-wise to pay for it instead of paying the bank £25 to transfer, I'll see if it works...

thalia says that they also acccept Paypal (probably the most convinient way to pay cross borders in online shopping) and credit cards (Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard):
http://www.thalia.de/shop/hilfe-bezahlen/show/

Vipissana wrote:
Heavy riffs above ordered Han (you could see that as an anniversary edition of China aka Web of Power), not that much of a hot deal as 20€ for Concordia, but well worth 20€ I think!
Istanbul at 20€ is good, too (no ingame text)
Here's a German list of titles at thalia which are actually really cheap with the code (as they are already on sale):
http://www.spielesparer.blogspot.de/2015/04/neuer-thaliade-g...

Of small games I really like Skull King (trick taking), 6.40€ at thalia.

The 20% code will only work until sunday, so don't wait to long.

Edit:
There are also some English game offers!
http://spielesparer.blogspot.de/2015/04/20-bei-thaliade-fur-...
(but not all of the offers are ready to ship now, don't know if that's a problem with combined orders)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |