Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading through the "Deluxe" 1987 rules and I can't for the life of me find anything on how the Command Post is deployed.

Is it a "free" unit that the defender always has to deploy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to be there for gameplay, yes. Otherwise the Ogre doesn't have a set target to go after. The value and victory points will vary by scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes on the previous post!

You deploy the CP wherever you wish, hopefully along some deadly avenue of approach for the Ogre like a corridor of overlapping howitzer fire missions...then the CP has a ringside panoramic view of a relentless Ogre arrrh coming for it surprise

Now if it is a mobile CP it has a chance to run away ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lukerazor wrote:
I'm reading through the "Deluxe" 1987 rules and I can't for the life of me find anything on how the Command Post is deployed.

I don't know how different the 1987 rules are from the current pocket edition, but FWIW rule 1.03 in the current pocket edition's rules has it. "The defense sets up first. The defending player gets 20 points of ... (blah-blah). These units are set up in the obstructed area of the map, as is the command post." Out of curiosity, does your rulebook not have such a sentence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukerazor wrote:

Page 11. Basic Scenario, First Paragraph -

The defending player get 20 infantry... These pieces are set up in the obstructed area of the map... as is the defender's Command Post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it thx guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.