David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This game always draws a crowd to witness the numerous disasters dished out by the gods

So, why do I dig this game?

Back in the summer of 2013... Carthage Boot Camp May 10, 2103: BIG thumbs up for this gem

...and now in spring of 2015, gang of three (three happy pigs in sh*t) at it with the Punic Wars

Eight reasons (at the moment - they change - see my other Carthage session reports here on BGG) why I dig this game:

1) Integrated poly/mil game

Ancient political dynamics/systems are an important part of the game. Anyone that has had the pleasure of listening to outstanding History of Rome podcast http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/ knows that including a beefy component of politics in game involving Rome is a key to understanding the story/conflict. Berg delivers. Big time. Roman and Carthaginian senates are in this game causing havoc/chaos for the respective players.

2) Zones of reaction

Sick of playing games where your opponent can't react to your moves as you surround their forces and kick them in the arse? This is a game for you. You can intercept moving enemy pieces up to 3 hexes away. So, no silly "enemy can't interfere with any operational move I make" thing. Yeehaw.

3) Combat results

Berg is notorious for DRMs (die roll modifiers). This game has a lot of them, but they all make sense (player decisions generate many of them) and help model the wild swings in ancient warfare. Specifically, the "X result" mechanic on the CRT really produces dramatic highs and lows.

CRT; X results (red circles) sprinkled throughout table

4) Integrated naval/land operational rules

Usually, this point is disaster for many designers. Not with this game. The naval/land op rules are straight forward and model things well: I'd put in the same outstanding class of the two empires: Empire of the Sun and Empires in Arms

5) Personalities

Tons of leaders; and they drive the conflict.

6) Chit activation

You toss a number of chits into a cup equal to a leaders rating (between 1 & 3), plus 3 siege attrition chits (that works very well) and, of course and a chit that triggers the always zany Berg random events table (yeehaw). Then, you proceed to pull them out 1 at a time. So, you never know what is going to happen when.

My only beef with the mechanic is that I wish there would have been a chit (probably two - you would need to draw out both) that would end the turn. That way, a player wouldn't be assured of knowing that would move last (a big advantage) when their chits had yet been drawn in turn. But, this is a minor quibble.

7) Storyline

This gaming engine produces fantastic storyline

8) It's DEEP

JUST beginning to really understand the strategic/operational choices - and we're in our 3rd game (about 60 hours of gaming time so far). VERY interesting choices.

A Conversation with Alsen & Frick

So, when Alsen & Frick thought it was time to tackle our next "monster", Carthage was at the top of the list (we briefly debated given Storm of Steel a go...or returning to a favorite The Siege of Jerusalem (Third Edition) ). We had played two previous games: Rome won a COMPLETE barnburner on the last activation of the game, while Cartha had cleaned Rome's clock with an AV in our last game.

I had planned to stop by the club anyways on Friday to drop off our newly arrived tshirts from Uberprints (highly recommended by our club), so, with a chance to play Carthage again I needed no further coaxing. Time to settle the matter once and for all! (well, until our fourth game). After discussing with Alsen & Frick, we cleared the decks for an all day Carthage affair.

tshirts arrived...2nd counter from the left...1st MN in Berg's Terrible Swift Sword: Battle of Gettysburg Game

Arrived at 10ish - given that it was ASL day at First Minnesota Historical Wargame Society and we knew there would be a crowd. I beat Alsen (who lives just a few blocks away) to the Source. Great to see Alsen back in action now that tax season has ended. We began setting up and awaited young Frick's (he's always late) entrance.

Setting up

Reading of da rules...again

A bit about this game; components

The dancestage: Sicily

The key to the game (we only play the big enchilada 25 turn campaign game, of course) is Sicily. Rome can lose the game early by Carthage taking & keeping control of the prime cities/ports on the island. Rome starts out with no significant presence there and must try to bums rush in a few armies (and keep them in being!) over the straits. Success is primarily a function of the naval balance of power - which HEAVILY favors Carthage early.

VPs summary from one of our previous games: 243BC

VPs

VPs are awarded for control of various locations in the Med. And there are autowins (Rome takes Carthage, Carthage takes 1 major or 2 med cities in Italy, instant naval victory). Rome is playing for long game; Carthage for the knockout blow. Carthage has better leaders and a higher quality army.

You want leader rantings? YOU WANT LEADER RATINGS? YOU CAN'T HANDLE LEADER RATINGS!

Leaders

About a 1/3 of the Roman leaders are HORRIBLE, 1/3 suck and 1/3 are ok (actually, there 2 of 40 leaders that are decent). Carthage has better leaders and one semi-star. Leaders rated for:

Guile! (0 to 2 - a mod to apply to critical die rolls)

Initiative (1 to 3 - generates the number of chits in the chit cup)

Campaign rating (4 to 7 - use that for leader rolls for about everything)

Battle letter (A to E - E sucks - you use that rating to roll on a chart in each battle to determine how good or bad your leader is that day)

Mortality (6 to 9 - roll above that when called for, the leader dies)

Faction stripe (denotes which faction leader associated with)

Politics

Dripping with political flavor. Check out the charts below:

Chits

Explained up above: draw a chit and hold onto your hat. You make chit draws for the Roman elections and for activations during the game turn.

The chit draw...ZAHTZEEEEEEEEEEE....

Software

Attrition Table

1st MN Ivan the Terrible made this comment about the 1914 series series; that it does a great job modeling "the software" of WW1 operational conflict. Same comment applies with Carthage. For example, the supply/attrition mechanic: units have unlimited movement & you decide how much attrition to take. Minor quibble here in that do wish there was some variability in the attrition loss. None-the-less, a clever mechanic (attrition tied to amount of movement).

I've always felt wargames do a pretty piss poor job regarding modeling logistics/supply. Recent I read Alexander the Great and the Logistics of the Macedonian Army (1980). Here's a quote from it:

"...Start with a mundane consideration: how do you feed your men? It's not as clear-cut as it might seem. Suppose you have an army of 10,000 men. Suppose, further, that each man's consumption rate is 3 pounds of grain per day's march. Now realize that this must mean just what the numbers tell you: each man of your 10,000 needs 3 pounds of grain daily, 3 times 10,000 is 30,000--so you need an incredible 30,000 pounds of food, each and every day. If you don't get this food, your men will weaken and die. There's no way around it. A quarter million pounds of food over the course of a week's march isn't easy to come by..."

What struck me is how this element is afterthought in most ancient games. Okay, we probably don't need to calculate how much water to bring to boil pasta (aka The Campaign for North Africa ... although an OCS monster game regarding Rome would be fantastic), but, managing supply was a key (of course) to victory in the wars of antiquity.

"You're only happy, dr., when you've got a pile of crap cluttering up the game map. - J.Alsen "

Of course, an epic/grand game such as this demands kitting the beast out; which, we have. Bits and bobs for everything. In fact, we're placing another order with the TinWarrior for some senators. And, recently, we scored a new prized possession: THE EXTENDER (see pic below). Since breaking out that bad boy at the club Friday, I've had numerous requests: "Dr., where THE HELL can I get one of those?"

kitting it out: miniatures from TinWarrior (Kharkiv, Ukraine)...we use them to represent armies...blocks for VP cities (size=values)...little wooden fleet things for fleets

...and Senators on order...we'll get 2 to represent the two ruling families of Cartha and a few to represent the interests of Rome

We've picked up our game a bit: using "THE EXTENDER" to move game pieces and prevent back pain

Yeah...I've got an idea for a EiA session soon...going to cost a few hundred...plus "suitable" costumes, but, the pic's will be worth it

264BC: And so it begins...

BC264

So, the game always kicks off with a bang, as any good story does. This time, Carthaginians pulled the first two activations. Hano ordered the main Carthaginian army to siege Messana. However, the bum failed his continuation roll so the city remained unbesieged. The Carthaginian navy got into high gear and promptly raided the Italian coast. Time for the Roman response.

First up was for Team Roma ordering the Roman Consul Fulvius quickly south with his 44sp army; getting two armies into Sicily early in the game is very important - since, one is likely to evaporate early. Team Roma requested permission of the Senate for the Roman Consul to leave his assigned province. The Senate filibustered the motion.

Field Consul, Claudius, then attempted to force the straits and cross into Sicily. He was successful, but then was promptly intercepted by the lowly Carthaginians. The first battle of the game occurred. The net battle roll modifiers for the Team Cartha was a +2...a die was rolled...and, out came the infamous "X" result! cry

The X Table strikes again

The X result means that you forget about all modifiers and re-roll. Essentially, both sides have an equal chance for a total disaster. In this case, the gods took pity and gave us a draw (which benefited Team Roma).

We then had a series of naval battles with both sides losing some small fleets.

The turn ended with Carthage's ally, Syracuse, launching another attack on the Field Consul army. Commander Alsen (he was playing Carthage, Frick & I Team Roma) booooofed the +2 die roll and another draw resulted. Total combat losses were modest for the turn (20% for the Romans, 30% for the Carthaginians...about 8sp vs 8sp).

Team Roma had survived 264BC and now had a toehold in Sicily. We decided to break for lunch: the New Bohemia was calling (located across the street and down from Nye's Polonaise Room {sadly, closing this year}. They serve fantastic sausages (you want smoked Yak, they have you covered) and "local" beer (recommend Bent Paddle from Duluth - the bitter - 14 ESB - fab).

Lunch at the New Bohemian...they even have smoked Yak sausages!

263BC: Massila falls, but Messena placed under siege

BC263

We start our wargamers early in The Cities

The year began with Team Roma catching a break by drawing A.Atilius (the best Roman leader..#313) and had him assigned him as the Field Consul in charge of the fleet. Subsequently, Team Roma requested that the Senate change his Imperium from commanding the fleet to control of the 1st Consul Army in Sicily. Luckily, the usually corrupt & idiotic Senate granted the request.

Both Cartha & Rome decided upon a ship building program instead of increasing the army; Rome knew they needed more fleets in order to contest the straits between Italy and Sicily.

The first operation of the year involved Cartha placing Messena under siege. Up north, Rome sent a Consul army to take Massila and clear the rabble from the area. Messena later witnessed its third major battle; another draw with both sides losing 15%.

Westher turned harsh in the fall and 2 Roman fleets (and leaders 329 & 331 went down with their ships - we weren't clear on the rules - does a leader die when their fleet sinks?) and 1 Carthaginian fleet were lost at sea: Rome now had zero fleets (except 1 under construction and destined for years of crew training - crew rating is a very important mod in battle).

262BC: The Terrible Swift Sword of Fate, wielded by a man known as Ivan

BC262

The Hand of Ivan intervenes

As it got later in the afternoon, the 1st MNers began to show in strength. Ivan the Terrible stopped by. He indicated he had the game and had solo'd it. We immediately tasked him with being responsible for drawing chits, resolving random events, etc. His first hand at the Berg Wheel of Fate resulted in rolling on the random events table and striking poor Team Roma with the death of one its consuls: A.Claudius #301 (see pic above). Team Roma then promptly fired the new hand of fate.

Both sides decided to build army; Rome received 1 legion.

The year began with Cartha beginning its Numidia operation, while Rome cleared Genoa in the North. Cartha got off its usual raid of the Italian coast (the effect is to negatively modify Rome's manpower rolls).

The end of the year witnessed the 4th battle of Messena. Until this point, Rome had fought Cartha to 3 draws. However, Rome finally ran out of luck losing 25% of its forces vs 15% for Cartha: Cartha had its first victory in Sicily. When forced to retreat, Rome's beat up Consul Army I ran to siege Lillybauem.

261BC: First Major Defeat for Rome

BC261

261BC was butt ugly for Rome. First, the Senate choose to provide 2 horrible leaders for the consul armies. Next, Rome failed to raise any manpower for their army. At Lillybauem, Cartha inflicted another major defeat on the rabble formerly known as Rome's 1st Consul Army (Cartha suffered 10% losses while inflicting 25%). Rome was finally able to push its 2nd Consul army into Sicily, however, it was intercepted by a Carthaginian fleet and forced to flee back to Italy.

At this point, Team Roma was VERY worried that they might be Auto Victoried - given their tenuous hold on only 1 Sicilian city (Lillybauem - which, was under siege).

260BC: "He poops out a "9"

260BC

The year began with the Roman Senate again appointing two miserable leaders (E rated - the lowest) as the Rome and Field Consuls. Luckily, the besieged army in Lilybauem received C.Aurelius (#324) - one of the better Roman leaders...a "C" rating. Again, both sides decided to build manpower. However, Rome whiffed on its manpower raise die roll (too many negative modifiers). The situation was grim for Team Roma.

Team Roma faced a critical decision: stay in besieged Lilybauem, or make a break for it and attempt to capture another city in Sicily. MUCH debate within the Roman leadership. After a rigorous discussion, it was decided to task the besieged army with running to Parnomus. Additionally, the only fleet of Rome, a 12 squadron thing led by Cn.Cornelius (#309 - "C" rated), would be sent to clear out small Carthaginian fleets, while avoiding the two sizable enemy fleets.

C.Aurelius (#324) began the jailbreak from Lilybauem. Luckily, Cartha failed their interception roll, C.Aurelius got away and Parnomus was placed under siege. Fate also smiled on Rome on the high seas.

Cn.Cornelius (#309) led the main Roman battle fleet on an extraordinary mission: to establish & maintain naval superiority at Parnomus so that the siege of the city would have a better chance of succeeding. Cn.Cornelius proceeded to win three naval engagements, including a tremendous defeat of Cartha's best leader: Hm.Barca ("B" rated with a ldr rating of "6" - essentially, roll equal to or less, and he can do what he pleases). The potentially catastrophic possibility for Cartha is that Hm.Barca will face recall in 259BC - and crucifixion.

More good news for Rome: a 2nd army was finally able to cross into Sicily and lay siege to Messena and the remnants of the forces of Syracuse (the Carthaginian army was busy at Lilybauem, while a 2nd newly raised army was sitting on its thumbs at Drepanum). Then, disaster struck: Lilybauem fell.

Up to this point, Rome had managed to keep at least one city in Sicily under their control. However, a horrible die roll on the siege attrition table resulted in all Roman defenders at Lilybauem starving: Rome now held no cities in Sicily. However, things were also perilous for Cartha: it's besieged forces at Panormus were also threatened. The Carthaginian commander consulted the siege attrition table; only a "9" would result in their forces being lost. The die was cast...drum roll....out pop'd a "9": MUCH rejoicing in the Team Roma camp as they had regained control of a city in Sicily.

The turn ended with the main Carthaginian army running to Panormus and placing that under siege. However, with a new Roman army in Sicily (sieging Messena), Cartha would need to both survive the siege at Messena and defeat the besieging brand spanking new Roman army to have a shot at an auto victory. And, if Carthage doesn't win early, they are likely to lose late. So, in the third game of our current Carthage match, Rome had apparently survived the initial dark times.

We called it a day at that point (probably 7 hours of actual game play) and shouted "frickin great gaming session": hats off to Mr.Berg for this gem.

Wrap up & Tease

Current Game Status

A Whiff of THUNDERBOLT! (Berg's 2nd Punic Wars title in the works)

Scipio cries out, "Where is my game, Mr.Berg? GIVE ME THE PUNIC WARS v2"

So, I was crying on the CSW GMT Games board Saturday morning about when Mr.Berg will give us the 3rd game in this series - the one regarding the 2nd Punic War. The exchange below:

Me: "Where is Bergs Punic Wars II? "

Mr.Berg: THUNDERBOLT?? It's really finished . . .except that the powers that be want me to add a map for Greece . . .and NOT use a Macedonian "Table" to cover that aspect. Pain in the bunion. It's front and center. . .look for next year. Massive game . . . rhb

So, great news. Stopped by a 7 Ages game in the afternoon to spread the word. Much rejoicing among our local tribe of Bergites. We await THUNDERBOLT.

7 Ages at Sawatdee Bob's pad

Also, on Friday, it was ASL day at 1st MN: AAR here: G.A.A.R. -- 4/24/15 -- Any Given Friday

====

Other 1st MN/Sawatdee/Herr Dr AARs: 1st MN/Sawatdee/Herr Dr Session Reports

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Re: Carthage must again be destroyed yet again: 1st MN's Match Game...and a Whiff of Thunderbolt.
Well and interesting play thru.

One advantage for Cartho with two Roman players is the diversion of the North.

Is it not in the best interests to jam as much as legally allowed into Sicily (2 CA's) and replenish them constantly via a port ?

If Cartho grabs Massena it is a AV waiting to happen from Naval action. Yikes.

Its been awhile but the focus on having one town under control in Sicily was because of what rule?

oh and a post I did on Roman Leaders ! ICK:
http://bigboardgaming.com/leaders-cartho/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Weitz
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No one in Iowa City plays wargames?
badge
Yes, I like helmets...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Carthage must again be destroyed yet again: 1st MN's Match Game...and a Whiff of Thunderbolt.
Awesome write up for an amazing game. I've always been highly appreciative that this game even exists as a long time aficionado of the First Punic War. I've got a couple of plays under my belt but questions of course remain...

For example, isn't it sometimes better for Rome to simply dissolve a Consular army and then reform it with an activation the next year? This seems to beat trying to reinforce piecemeal, if it is a legitimate tactic.

Good Gaming~! Mick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is it not in the best interests to jam as much as legally allowed into Sicily (2 CA's) and replenish them constantly via a port ?"

Hard to do that on two accounts:

1) Control of seas; got to control a friendly port in the area (I think that may be a house rule of ours)

2) Senate doesn't grant much in terms of reinforcing legions in the field; much better to raise a new legion (22sp each) - as Mick points out. I'm sure the explanation lies in the ability "extract" sweet contracts outfitting the lads.

"Its been awhile but the focus on having one town under control in Sicily was because of what rule?"

Either side gets an AV (autovictory) if they control (actually have a squadron in) every major port in Sicily (Drepanum, Lilyabaeum, Panormus and Messana - and Syracusae), Carthage and Caralis (the tip of Sardinia).

Now, this brings up a question we've had. Syracuse begins game allied to Carthage. Does that mean Carthage can simply sail into Syracuse (meeting the requirements of the AV)? We ruled yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Herr Dr wrote:
"Is it not in the best interests to jam as much as legally allowed into Sicily (2 CA's) and replenish them constantly via a port ?"

Hard to do that on two accounts:

1) Control of seas; got to control a friendly port in the area (I think that may be a house rule of ours)
**Agreed must have a port for that.

2) Senate doesn't grant much in terms of reinforcing legions in the field; much better to raise a new legion (22sp each) - as Mick points out. I'm sure the explanation lies in the ability "extract" sweet contracts outfitting the lads.

"Its been awhile but the focus on having one town under control in Sicily was because of what rule?"

Either side gets an AV (autovictory) if they control (actually have a squadron in) every major port in Sicily (Drepanum, Lilyabaeum, Panormus and Messana - and Syracusae), Carthage and Caralis (the tip of Sardinia).

Now, this brings up a question we've had. Syracuse begins game allied to Carthage. Does that mean Carthage can simply sail into Syracuse (meeting the requirements of the AV)? We ruled yes.
** Yes same here, that is an open port.

In my games as Carthage ( my opponent wont let me play Rome until he wins as Rome...), the only way Rome can aid Massena early is by getting a fleet into port there ASAP, other wise the Syracuse or Cartho force do it and that accelerates the attrition and siege mechanics.
- Cartho if he gets early chit pulls AND if he gets to continue with the initiating the Siege Yr one is in a STRONG position.
Still fleets need to be in other locations - Not just Sicily, so some non Sicily actions with troops and or fleets to gain the NAVAL auto is required. Don't forget to control teh two HIPPO ports also - one which is not really marked on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Carthage needs NINE fleets to get the AV. One thing we did was to send our only surviving fleet (12squads it began 260BC with) to exterminate his little girlie mon fleets (the 1 & 2 pointers). That will slow him down. Of course, if he keeps the buggers in a friendly port, he can shield them.

Something else I saw somewhere is that when naval construction occurs, it can only occur in MAJOR ports. Is that correct?

Carthage begins game with 7 fleets. He'll lose one or two (in our game, 1 so far) to sea disasters occasionally and we were able to kill one or two. Another reason to take Massila quickly is that Carthage can't then build a fleet there. Here the places where fleets may be built:

Cartha:

Carthage 18

Rome:

Tarentum 12

Neapolis 5 > 10 (there's a mechanic to pump the capacity)

Ostia 5 > 20 (there's a mechanic to pump the capacity)

Up North

Massilia 10

Sicily

Drepanum 12

Lillybauem 15

Syracuse 10

I'll have to find out current squadron strengths next time: Frick usually, adroitly, handles the navy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
unless he foregoes a turn of building for port expansion to 22. Regardless there is a max size of fleet tied to port ownership which excludes Syracuse.. I think.??
So the max is a lot. One thing I have seen the Romans do is move in lots of 9 hexes and risk the continuation rolls versus the attrition rolls.

IF you have a decent leader rating in the Navy you can be 60% certain to continue, versus risking attrition with a move higher than 10 hexes.

If rarely if EVER lost a naval battle to Rome. I just wont engage or I will with good odds, and the DRMS are ifik pro Carthage early game....now I'm reaching for memories..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
unless he foregoes a turn of building for port expansion to 22. Regardless there is a max size of fleet tied to port ownership which excludes Syracuse.. I think.??

Yep: limited to amount of Major Port cap they control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this on GMT CSW board:

Is there any chance of the two Ancient World titles coming back into print? I would like to see another approach: ANCIENT WORLD VOL. 3 - THUNDERBOLT Is it possible that with this new game which covers the same theaters as two previous games, one countersheet will be dedicated to previous volumes? In other words, most of informational and manpower counters will be the same, so it will be nice to print VOL1/VOL2 specific counters (leaders, diplomatics, some specific manpower etc.) and make this game 3 in 1 package. ANCIENT WORLD DELUXE EDITION. It will be probably last chance in coming years to again see this long out of print volumes back in action. If you are interested, please bombard GMT with the same proposal.

BEGIN THE BOMBARDMENT! (with catapults of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fall of Carthage (Goldsworthy) arrived today. Totally pump'd about that. And, well try to make Alsen's Carthage fall tomorrow when we resume our match

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Forgot about the DELUXE edition idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Save us all the pain.
Issue an additional few maps: Iberia and Greece to the Hellespont maybe 20 hexes past there, add two or three counter sheets, a corrected concise rule book online and a new scenario book for Ancient Greece and 2nd Punic War, all in a zip lock or slim box.

Deluxe Edition could be all that and the Carthage reprint combined with whatever else you want to jam in there....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
Herr Dr wrote:

Forgot about the DELUXE edition idea...

I'd buy that. I'm a sucker for enchiladas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From Mr.Berg today on a CSW board...

THUNDERBOLT is almost finished . . .justr needs some cleaning up for eveloprus Rex. RHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...and this regarding, ENCHILADA...

"...Doc . . .yes, but very vaguely . . .and much to consider map-wise...."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Allen tip'd me off: Mr.Berg working on Thunderbolt again

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd2b123/14182
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Whiff of Thunderbolt is getting stronger:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dcf9f95/6294

PDF of v3.0 DRAFT ancient world rules there (the series rules for Carthage, Thunderbolt, Rise of Roman Republic)

Much rejoicing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
No greece...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this series?

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.