Subject: Fun, quick & small rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hanson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Perspective is a quick lightweight game. Players take turns drawing and playing cards to try and the back of their partner's hand, which they can't see, to match an objective. The game is simple to teach and quick to play. You're first game won't take more than 20 minutes.

What makes this game shine is the struggle of you and your partner trying to modify the other's hand to a winning configuration at the same time. From your point of view you have a diverse hand of up to four simple but deep actions. Each turn you use one of them from your hand to make meaningful progress on arranging your partner's hand. But from your partner's point of view they can't see that progress so they are liable to mess it up on their turn. The winning partnership will be the one that can avoid that pitfall.

The double edge sword of Perspective is the memorization. I am not usually someone who likes a game that has a lot of memorization, and Perspective is one that has the potential for a lot of it. That said, for me it feels like just the right amount of it. This is helped by the fact that you only need recall as much as the other people you are playing with, and if you are smart about it you can get away with even less. It is true that the memorization in this game will be a turn off to some, but for those willing to give it a shot I think they will be pleasantly surprised. The mixture of strategy and memorization is what gives Perspective an exorbitant amount of fun in a tiny package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.