BattleLore» Forums » General

Subject: Question about Battlelore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robson Scerri
Malta
flag msg tools
Hey guys!

I've recently bought a Battlelore Scottish Wars expansion box because I like Dwarf minis and this caught my eye. After having a long look at the box I decided to look up the game and check out a few reviews. One thing which I noticed was that the game has 2 versions Battlelore and Battlelore 2.

Most probably I'll end buying the 2nd version. My question is; is the set that I bought compatible with the version 2 game?

Thanks and regards

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Shadows over Camelot fanMicrobadge: Among the Stars fanMicrobadge: Sirlin Games Yomi Contest participantMicrobadge: Sit Down! "Rockwell" Contest participantMicrobadge: Agricola fan
Hi Rob,

no, Battlelore and BL2 aren't compatible, neither the rules, nor the miniatures (different scale). That's the reason I still play Battleore 1st edition and won't buy BL2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from BGG Community to Battlelore: General.

This way you'll get better responses and in the future other users will be able to find your thread.

OP Contacted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
They are fairly different in the rules, but that's not a bad thing. You can enjoy both games separately without having to choose one or the other.

First edition sticks to C&C but BL2 dispenses with the colors and every unit type has distinct stats. There are also 2 distinct factions unlike BL where they can be mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robson Scerri
Malta
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to look for a Battlelore set and stick with it for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robson Scerri
Malta
flag msg tools
Hey again, I've been looking on eBay, Amazon etc etc and this game is hard to find oO

Basically I'm gonna just go with the 2nd edition set because it's easier to find...

Do you guys think that the 2nd edition version will get expansions and other armies and stuff?

thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There are 1st edition sets for sale in the BGG Marketplace for super cheap prices.

But to answer your question -- yes, there are expansions for the 2nd edition, though they've been slow to come out. Other armies is unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I played Snowdonia in Snowdonia!Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Tasmanian DevilMicrobadge: Pax Porfiriana fanMicrobadge: COIN fan
Robson315 wrote:
Hey again, I've been looking on eBay, Amazon etc etc and this game is hard to find oO

Basically I'm gonna just go with the 2nd edition set because it's easier to find...

I think it is hard to find because those of us who own it are reluctant to give it up. I have followed the 2nd edition debate and did get the ios app which is close enough for me.
Quote:

Do you guys think that the 2nd edition version will get expansions and other armies and stuff?
thanks again!
It has been slow to get updates, compared to all the Star Wars money making expansions, but there are finally new additions on the way.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/battlelore-se...

As to whether more armies appear that will probably be a business decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls