Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: london [+] flgs [+] uk [+] [View All]
Manuel Pombeiro
Luxembourg
Luxemburg City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to UK, more to the point, I'll be around the Central London area, and I'm looking forward to find stores and players in this areas. Can someone point me a couple of shops, and aybe a boardgaming group around this that may happen to meetup during my stay, from the 8th to the 12th December?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Coles
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For shops in Central London I think it comes down to...

Playin' Games
33 Museum Street, London , WC1A 1LH

and

Orc's Nest
6 Earlham Street
London
WC2H9RY
www.orcsnest.com

Nipping out on a family visit to London earlier in the year I didn't make it to Playin' Games before they closed but Orc's Nest had a pretty good range of boardgames upstairs - I always think of it as an RPG store but there was plenty to turn the head of a provincial lad whose nearest FLGS has just closed down.

Leisure Games are in Finchley that's close but not central.

Can't help you with groups I'm afraid.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding groups, I'm always happy to suggest Swiggers - see http://www.pevans.co.uk/Swiggers/ - but if you're not here for a Wednesday, then that's no use to you.

What might be more relevant is that there's usually a day of games on the second Saturday of each month at The Duke of York, 35 New Cavendish Street, London W1. You can find some contact details at http://www.londongamelist.info/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Luxembourg
Luxemburg City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Angy and John,

I've put those shops on my tour through London, and I'm checking the London game list. unfortunely I will not be there on a Wednesday.

Thanks,

Manuel Pombeiro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me just say any board game geek, from where ever, is welcome to drop by. :o) You should have all the details, so I'll be seeing you on the Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls