Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi just wondering what happens when their are using an ogre mark 5 that has no missile rackS. Can you shoot all six missiles in one turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, an Ogre Mark V can shoot all 6 missiles in one turn.

In one of the earlier editions, I think the Mark V had some limitation (maybe optional) that limited the number of missiles that can be fired, but this isn't present in the current published edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hah!

I had never seen that.

I'm looking at a first and second edition, both from 1977, right here. First edition does indeed have a two missiles per turn rule, 6.103. This rule is missing from the second edition, and has never returned.

The first edition as several differences from later versions, they learned a lot in the first six months after release. I obsessively cataloged the differences in this other thread...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1190318/pocket-ogre-vs-earl...

But I didn't know about the missile limit. I'll have to add this to the other thread.

The Mark III and V have what were later termed "external missiles". That means they can all be launched at the same time, but they can be directly attacked. Missile racks fire "internal missiles", which cannot be attacked, though the rack can be attacked. There's one Ogre with internal *and* external missiles, the Ninja. It's crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J White
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
There's one Ogre with internal *and* external missiles, the Ninja. It's crazy.

Nitpicky correction to andreww's valuable info: There are at least two (production) Ogres with both internal and external missiles. The Mark VI does as well (record sheet http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/ogre/mk6/img/mk6.record.pd...), which is one among the many reasons to never be on the other side in a scenario including a Mark VI.

JJW-T.C.H.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.