that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
I suppose that's one approach to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
Phadrus00 wrote:
Outstanding News! Brass is a group favorite here and we have several copies floating around among the members. I DEFINITELY will be supporting a Deluxe Edition of this awesome game!
Me too - ordered!
2407+1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a gaming event on the weekend and Martin Wallace was there with his new version of Brass. I didn’t actually get a chance to play it myself, but I know the alternative map was of the Midlands and one of the commodities was BEER. Suffice to say, it was well received!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesbass wrote:
I was at a gaming event on the weekend and Martin Wallace was there with his new version of Brass. I didn’t actually get a chance to play it myself, but I know the alternative map was of the Midlands and one of the commodities was BEER. Suffice to say, it was well received!
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20089971#20089971
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
Microbadge: 2-player Games fanMicrobadge: Extended Stats userMicrobadge: CLICK MICROBADGE to see what I have FOR SALEMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: "It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." —Epictetus
Is there a game entry or version entry for Brass Deluxe? I couldn't find it but I did a quick search.

Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Nope. Not yet so feel free to do so. Not sure if the new Roxley version will demand a new entry or just a new version. The latter I hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgoyes wrote:
Is there a game entry or version entry for Brass Deluxe? I couldn't find it but I did a quick search.

Thanks for the info!
If you're referring to EGG's version (i.e., the version discussed in this thread), it's really not different enough to warrant its own entry in the database. Really, what you're looking at is an additional, two-player map and some game bits, so I'd see it more as listing that as an expansion and moving on.

If you're referring to the new, EGG-less edition coming from Roxley Games, that's being discussed under the main Brass listing. We don't know enough about that yet to know if it warrants its own entry -- new art, sure, a new map, yes, and possibly a minor tweak to some mechanics -- but as that's going to be **Brass** moving forward, I think it makes more sense to keep the discussion centralized in the existing listing.

Some will, no doubt, disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
Nope. Not yet so feel free to do so. Not sure if the new Roxley version will demand a new entry or just a new version. The latter I hope
It's going to involve beer and breweries. Typically when new game elements are introduced to a game it gets a new entry. This is more than just a new reprint, there will be different gameplay... For that reason I wouldn't want it to be simply a new version. Imagine the confusion if both games shared the same rules forum. You'd have people asking about breweries and someone else who had the original would be lost. You'd get conflicting answers about whether the Birkenhead connection was a thing, etc. Don't try to keep these together when they're different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:
It's going to involve beer and breweries. Typically when new game elements are introduced to a game it gets a new entry. This is more than just a new reprint, there will be different gameplay... For that reason I wouldn't want it to be simply a new version. Imagine the confusion if both games shared the same rules forum. You'd have people asking about breweries and someone else who had the original would be lost. You'd get conflicting answers about whether the Birkenhead connection was a thing, etc. Don't try to keep these together when they're different.
The new edition of Moongha Invaders didn't, and that had an entire extra game in the box in the 2p version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:
The new edition of Moongha Invaders didn't, and that had an entire extra game in the box in the 2p version.
I don't know anything about that game, but if the rules are different, I'd say it should get a new game entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:
Moongha Invaders Two Player
Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth!

Two sets of rules = two entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to make sense of it will only hurt your brain.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:

Yes but the two player game is now INSIDE the NEW version of the main game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:

Yes but the two player game is now INSIDE the NEW version of the main game as well.
If they put a copy of Kimg of Tokyo inside Agricola, I'd log it as owning two different games instead of wanting to have it be a different version of Agricola. And keeping the rules forums separate would make more sense. You have two different implementations of the game and they have (correctly) made two different game pages for them. The fact that they have one box is irrelevant.

Imagine it as though they had published them separately and you bought the "big box" reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've hit on a genius idea here. Publishers should start packaging games inside of other games and not telling you what they are. It would kind of be like a prize in the cereal box! Imagine cracking open the shrink on your new copy of Love Letter only to find a million extra animeeples included! That'd be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
Wiyum wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
Wiyum wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
jwilhm wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
Wiyum wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
phineaspoe wrote:

This comes back to the question of ethics, doesn't it.
What's the rumpus, Tom?
Youse fancy pants, all a youse.
Friends is a mental state.
When you're right you're right, but you never say 'I told you so.'
One thing I try to teach all my boys - always put one in the brain.
Jesus, I open my mouth, the whole world turns smart.
You got references? You been to college? We only take Yeggs what's been to college, ain't that right, Dane?

I'm kidding of course.
Hahahaha! You got a lip on you!
Give him a penny, boys...

...well that's a penny you owe him!
Kid, if it'll help you think, you should know that if you don't do this you won't be in any shape to walk outta here.
So very sorry to resurrect this thread after months with an off topic post, but when I heard today of Jon Polito's passing I remembered this celebration of his greatest performance and felt like I should share the sad news with his many fans here, given that he's not a celebrity whose passing is likely to get much news coverage.

To everyone else, my apologies. Go watch Miller's Crossing and see what all the fuss was about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  |