Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
358 Posts
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  | 

Kingdom Builder» Forums » General

Subject: Donald X.: The contract expires if they haven't published the expansion by June 30 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: shenanigans [+] [View All]
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
hgzwopjp wrote:
dkearns wrote:
with at least 2 spiel de Jahre's winners.
Since you keep mentioning this prize... can you spell "Spiel des Jahres" correctly next time? Pretty please? It makes my eyes hurt. Thanks.
Sorry about jahre eyes. My apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:
I'm sure you had your reasons for choosing QG in the past and now you have your reasons for moving on to bigger publishers with better cash flow now.
You seem like quite the apologist. These problems have nothing to do with size. They just aren't fulfilling the basic responsibilities that any publisher has.
I did not realise that by sharing my experience in this industry warranted personal attacks by people of this thread. I have been nothing but neutral with my posts yet I am now under attack because I refuse to be caught up in this mob hatred? I am neither apologising, defending or attacking anyone. As someone who works in the print industry, boardgame industry, who has owned a small board game store and as someone with experience running a small business I am simply saying cash flow is an issue for small businesses. The simple reality of small business is that you do not have much liquid assests. Money is tied up in stock and investing in new product to try and expand.

This does not excuse the said business from their responsibilities. It is just fact. If these facts are getting in the way of complaining by all means ignore my post. But at least have the curtesy of not making this personal.
I'm curious...these small businesses you work with, do they very regularly Kickstart their projects to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars?
I was wondering who she was too so I clicked on her game designer/artist tab. The answer is yes, the small businesses she works for do regularly run KS projects in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and she works on those projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
cormor321 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:
I'm sure you had your reasons for choosing QG in the past and now you have your reasons for moving on to bigger publishers with better cash flow now.
You seem like quite the apologist. These problems have nothing to do with size. They just aren't fulfilling the basic responsibilities that any publisher has.
I did not realise that by sharing my experience in this industry warranted personal attacks by people of this thread. I have been nothing but neutral with my posts yet I am now under attack because I refuse to be caught up in this mob hatred? I am neither apologising, defending or attacking anyone. As someone who works in the print industry, boardgame industry, who has owned a small board game store and as someone with experience running a small business I am simply saying cash flow is an issue for small businesses. The simple reality of small business is that you do not have much liquid assests. Money is tied up in stock and investing in new product to try and expand.

This does not excuse the said business from their responsibilities. It is just fact. If these facts are getting in the way of complaining by all means ignore my post. But at least have the curtesy of not making this personal.
I'm curious...these small businesses you work with, do they very regularly Kickstart their projects to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars?
I was wondering who she was too so I clicked on her game designer/artist tab. The answer is yes, the small businesses she works for do regularly run KS projects in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and she works on those projects.
But do they raise hundreds of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter for projects they're within days of losing the rights to publish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:

Huh, so I guess she's often not paid on time and ignored via email too then? Weird that she'd be defending that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:

Huh, so I guess she's often not paid on time and ignored via email too then? Weird that she'd be defending that.
Nah they probably do the paying part fine.
They just keep Designers in the dark about games added to their Game universe purely for marketing purposes. And then change it after the Kickstarter ended asking people to opt out if they still cared.

Delayed payments (which actually get paid) and ignored emails OR potential infringement on intellectual rights?
Neither are really defensible

EDIT: I should emphasise that I totally disagree with how Donald was treated in this particular situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Any new news on whether this expansion might get published in one form or another?

Queen Games has been pretty silent recently...at least, the haven't created a Kickstarter campaign in quite a few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes' Gold and Treasure Hunter campaigns were in september.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I saw somewhere that Donald was going to wait until March to see how he and other designers that work with Queen are paid before he makes a decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  |