Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
358 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [15] | 

Kingdom Builder» Forums » General

Subject: Donald X.: The contract expires if they haven't published the expansion by June 30 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: shenanigans [+] [View All]
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
This thread is making me dizzy...
Not surprising as we're in the rickert spin zone.
The rhetorical gymnastics being undertaken to try and establish the defense of Queen in the argument as reasonable are astounding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "TAKE SIX MEAT DAMAGE, FROWNY EURODUDE!"Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fan Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Ohio UniversityMicrobadge: Suburbia fan
Psauberer wrote:
dkearns wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
The rhetorical gymnastics being undertaken to try and establish the defense of Queen in the argument as reasonable are astounding.
It's totally working, too. Everyone agrees with him to give a company more money so that they may choose to pay someone for something they should have already paid for and chose not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Which, let's recall, basically amounts to, DonaldX is an employee of Queen, and since a lot of companies abuse their employees one way or another, we should support Queen because if we didn't support Queen, we couldn't support any company.

Also, GIVE ME THE DAMN ISLAND QUEENIE ALREADY TOP TEN GAME
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:
Which, let's recall, basically amounts to, DonaldX is an employee of Queen, and since a lot of companies abuse their employees one way or another, we should support Queen because if we didn't support Queen, we couldn't support any company.

Also, GIVE ME THE DAMN ISLAND QUEENIE ALREADY TOP TEN GAME
Queen could likely chain Donald out back, but as long as he's an "employee" and paid "wages," he better be making the damn game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
dkearns wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
Defending Queen isn't anything I've seen done in this thread. Maybe I overlooked it. It is a long thread. Point me to this. I want to read his or her reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Psauberer wrote:
dkearns wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
Defending Queen isn't anything I've seen done in this thread. Maybe I overlooked it. It is a long thread. Point me to this. I want to read his or her reasons.
Poll
Has rickert defended Queen in these threads?
Yes
No
I don't really care
What thread?
Who's rickert?
      158 answers
Poll created by Psauberer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
so much lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of settlement announced by today?

I think it is getting pretty late in the day for Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Yeah.

The issue is being dealt with. We have been talking with Donald and we believe we are coming to a resolution to what is not truly a problem until June 30th contractually. As it is Friday and there for Friday night in Germany. We can not say anything officially until Monday. This is an agreement with all parties involved.
Technically, she wrote that Queen cannot say anything until today... with no guarantee that they actually will say anything today. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
mb
dkearns wrote:
Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of settlement announced by today?

I think it is getting pretty late in the day for Germany.
Nothing yet. But yeah, they said "We can not say anything officially until Monday. This is an agreement with all parties involved."

Who knows. They'll probably say they meant next Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
tumorous wrote:
Yeah.

The issue is being dealt with. We have been talking with Donald and we believe we are coming to a resolution to what is not truly a problem until June 30th contractually. As it is Friday and there for Friday night in Germany. We can not say anything officially until Monday. This is an agreement with all parties involved.
Technically, she wrote that Queen cannot say anything until today... with no guarantee that they actually will say anything today. :whistle:
I didn't commit to anything being accomplished specifically by today. That's just something they optimistically posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
mb
donaldx wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Yeah.

Technically, she wrote that Queen cannot say anything until today... with no guarantee that they actually will say anything today. whistle
I didn't commit to anything being accomplished specifically by today. That's just something they optimistically posted.
Queen Games...keepin' it real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Yeah.

Oh God. If this wasn't really happening it would be funny.

I'm not sure how much more of Queen's optimistic view of the world I can take.

EDIT: Nevermind, Shawnad2006 nailed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Brian Eno fanMicrobadge: Neil Young fanMicrobadge: Queen fanMicrobadge: John Fahey fanMicrobadge: Rickie Lee Jones fan
10 ccs of ringers lactate - STAT.

We are losing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've got one more minute until it's officially not Monday anymore in Germany whistle

/edit: Nope, it's a dud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Meanwhile the KS gravy train rolls along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted in the KS comments:
Quote:
Hello All,
Jo Posted this on Friday.
“The issue is being dealt with. We have been talking with Donald and we believe we are coming to a resolution to what is not truly a problem until June 30th contractually. As it is Friday and there for Friday night in Germany. We cannot say anything officially until Monday. This is an agreement with all parties involved.
Jo”
Now I know it is Monday and we have said nothing official. We are still in contacted with Donald X. . He has not disagreed to the running of this Kicksatrter. Be assured if he wants it stopped, we at Queen Games will oblige him and discontinue this Kickstarter immediately.
Nikki QG-US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

The Germans usually win on penalties after extra time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

Donald, thank you for coming on here and posting honestly about a kickstarter.

You're like the Anti-E of game designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Allen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about backing this....but it just doesn't sit well with me that a established game company keeps KSing everything. There has to come a time that they can develop and produce a game on their own buck/euro.

It is sad that after a base game, 2 regular expansions, and 2 mini-expansions they can't seem to pay the man that developed the game.

I am only glad they are not offering anything that is KS exclusive. I'll wait and see if this is made and buy it at a LGS.

I hope everything works out for Don he is one of my favorite game designers and just like alot of other media geniuses they seem to be used and abused, but deserve so much for their part in designing a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
BjornRockfist wrote:
I was thinking about backing this....but it just doesn't sit well with me that a established game company keeps KSing everything. There has to come a time that they can develop and produce a game on their own buck/euro.

It is sad that after a base game, 2 regular expansions, and 2 mini-expansions they can't seem to pay the man that developed the game.

I am only glad they are not offering anything that is KS exclusive. I'll wait and see if this is made and buy it at a LGS.

I hope everything works out for Don he is one of my favorite game designers and just like alot of other media geniuses they seem to be used and abused, but deserve so much for their part in designing a game.
All the more amazing when you realize that they're KSing an expansion for a SdJ winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
BjornRockfist wrote:

All the more amazing when you realize that they're KSing an expansion for a SdJ winner.
Don't see anything amazing at all. Eminent Domain, which is on a lot of reviewers top 10, 20 or 100 games of all time, just started a kickstarters for a new expansion. The Tiny Epic series has been enormously successful in 3 games and just today began a kickstarter for a first expansion for one of them. It is a new day. Kickstarter is not just for startups any more. I think Alien Frontiers uses it for all of its full products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
None of those won the SdJ either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Don't see anything amazing at all. Eminent Domain, which is on a lot of reviewers top 10, 20 or 100 games of all time, just started a kickstarters for a new expansion. The Tiny Epic series has been enormously successful in 3 games and just today began a kickstarter for a first expansion for one of them. It is a new day. Kickstarter is not just for startups any more. I think Alien Frontiers uses it for all of its full products.
Those are all examples of successful game series that originated on Kickstarter. Once you start with Kickstarter, there are big incentives to continue.

It's hard to believe, but there was once a time when Queen didn't throw everything onto Kickstarter, and the Kingdom Builder base game is a remnant of that bygone era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
None of those won the SdJ either.