Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a long time board gamer, so naturally when I expecting a child, I went on a game buying binge to find some good kid's games. My son eventually came to enjoy some, but not all of them. He's very independent and often will play a multiplayer game solitaire, playing each color by himself when possible. He's also very gentle with all of his toys, so all his games are in very good or better condition. Over the years I've managed to sell or trade some of them off, but I still have some that would be much better suited for another child. My son has since discovered Pokémon, so it's time for them to go. I'd like to make a larger sale/trade if possible, but I don't know my best options. PM me if you see something you like. Here's what I have...

Mummy's Treasure
Pyramidos
Akaba
Castle Knights
Kayanak
Schloss Schlotterstein
Highly Suspect
Polizei-Alarm!
Knuckling Knights
Zitternix
Der schwarze Pirat
Polly Pottwal
1000 and One Treasures
The Suitcase Detectives
Welt der Abenteuer
Herkules Ameise
Die Codeknacker
Animal Yahtzee
Pyramid of Pengqueen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd keep Der Schwarze Pirat and Pyramid around for a while more. My 10 and 12 year old will still enjoy those once in a while...but yeah, most of them you can outgrow and not need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Probable Cause
United States
flag msg tools
I see that you are a librarian, so you may have already considered this, but our local library maintains a shelf of games. I don't know what, if anything, you'd get in return, but if you want to clear out some space and feel good about where your games end up it's an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've donated many of mine to local schools and libraries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HABA games tend to be well reguarded. You should have no trouble getting rid of them.

d10-1Sell them via a Geekbay auction here. Yeah, you have to make a geeklist, and mail each game, but, you do get money and the recipient wanted the games enough to pay.

d10-2Sell them via G4GG here. You get bag instead of money, but otherwise this is the same as the previous option. In following months you can then turn your new into games you want. https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/192715/games-geekgold-g4g...

d10-3First jumpstart the Pay It Forward geeklist, then when something you like pops up, grab it with another HABA game. Your selection is lower than the 2 previous options, and you still have to mail boxes. https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/178830/pay-it-forward-pos...

d10-4Pick 1 game, and host a random giveaway thread. Maybe you collect some thumbs, feel good, and mail 1 game at a time.

d10-5Bump a 1st place prize up from GG to GG + 1 of your HABA games in one of the various design a game contest here on BGG. Again, you have to mail, and all you gain is altruism. https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974620/boardgamegeek/design-...

d10-6Find some place or some person to donate them to. HABA games tend to be sturdy, so you could wipe most down with alcohol before donating them, if you chose some place like a hospital. Battered Women's shelters may have moms with young kids. Some homeless shelters take in families with young kids. Kindergartens, preschools, and libraries all might serve kids. There may be a single mom struggling to give birthday gifts or Christmas gifts to their kids that you might discover via your church. What about some organization which serves the developmentally disabled? Some of these can be local, avoiding mail, but maybe meaning you have to drive to deliver.

d10-7Create a "Get 1, give 1" contest, where to enter people have to tell you which game they want for themselves, which game they will give away, and to whom and why they picked the recipient. The advantage to you is that you mail 2 games at a time in 1 box, and you encourage generosity. I participated in a contest like this just a few months ago.

I really think you should try one of the above ideas. Having said all of that, if shipping was not such a pain, Pyramid, The Suitcase Detectives, Der Schwarze Pirate, Akaba, or Highly Suspect would all be neat to own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reilly
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm interested in some of these, pm coming your way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Notyou
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danielpreilly77 wrote:
I'm interested in some of these, pm coming your way...

Driver 8 wrote:
Posted Thu Jul 2, 2015 1:43 pm

wrote:
User Details for Driver 8
Last Login: 2017-09-08

I guess it's possible. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theTREE wrote:
[q="danielpreilly77"]I'm interested in some of these, pm coming your way...

Driver 8 wrote:

] User Details for Driver 8
Last Login: 2017-09-08[/q wrote:

:what:
I guess it's possible. :whistle:

The OP hasn't logged on in almost a year and a half...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Notyou
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
theTREE wrote:
[q="danielpreilly77"]I'm interested in some of these, pm coming your way...

Driver 8 wrote:

] User Details for Driver 8
Last Login: 2017-09-08

I guess it's possible. whistle[/q wrote:

The OP hasn't logged on in almost a year and a half...
Is there an echo in here?
in here?
in here
in here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Driver 8 took a break
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.