jamsethoth
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
He is a little goblin bastard and I love him.
badge
YOU DIED
mbmbmbmbmb
Does one exist or do I have to make the long and arduous trek into the traffic jam and smoggy hell that is Toronto. Kidding! Anyways, if anyone knows of a game store in Mississauga, please impart me with your knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Hey there,

Check out www.fungamescafe.com -a fantastic online gaming store with a great selection.

Paul and Abby are incredibly helpful, and have arranged for me to pick up purchases in the past.

Check out the site and drop them a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just North of Mississauga, in Brampton, you will find The Comic Warehouse (http://www.thecomicwarehouse.com/). Check out the 20 Strathearn Avenue location as it has a great selection, and often is one of the first stores to get new releases.

If you are willing to go "online" I can also vouch for Fun Games Cafe (http://www.fungamescafe.com/fgcIndex.php) where Paul and Abby have a great selection, excellent prices and offer great service (you can arrange to pick-up orders, if you don't want to incur the shipping - but I have always received my items within a couple of days even via mail). I am seriously considering making them my first stop from here on out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Fage
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind going north to Brampton, there is a really good store called the Comic Warehouse. The owners are good guys and run a game night on Mondays. You can check them out at:

http://www.thecomicwarehouse.com/

ROD>

PS. For online, I like www.germangames.com. Sean is excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Now why wouldn't you want to drive into Toronto? yuk
You can save yourself the hassle of driving anywhere if you shop online - check out the 2006 Online Canadian Retailers Price Comparison Guide
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17663

germangames.com, fungamescafe.com and jjcards.com are all good choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Peters Unrau
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to drive a little bit, Kitchener-Waterloo is a great place to go for games. Germangames.com ships out of K-W and you can arrange to pick up the games directly from him. Check out the online site for his complete selection.

Also, J&J Cards and Collectibles, a brick and mortar store, is one of the best places in Canada to go for games. Excellent selection, helpful staff and prices that are competetive with the online prices if you don't have to pay exchange rates and/or shipping. They have a limited online presence which does not reflect the 500-700 titles they stock in store. You can also buy a member card which gives you a 5% discount on all board games and 10% off collectible cards and the like.

I realize this doesn't help if you need to stay in Mississauga, but given the numbers of people that I know from here who commute daily to Mississauga it isn't an unrealistic drive.

edit: spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PrairieBoy wrote:
Also, J&J Cards and Collectibles, a brick and mortar store, is one of the best places in Canada to go for games. [snip] They have a limited online presence which does not reflect the 500-700 titles they stock in store.
This issue is easily solved: go to jjcards.com and email a request for a complete electronic catalogue of their stock in Excel format - it's actually over 1000 items! Orders can be arranged via email or phone, which is still much easier than driving anywhere. Shipping is cheap, and if I'm not mistaken it's free for orders over $100 in Ontario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamsethoth
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
He is a little goblin bastard and I love him.
badge
YOU DIED
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for all the replies! In fact I actually discovered www.fungamescafe.com an hour or so before I read the replies. Anyways, thanks again for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls