Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!
This is the discussion thread for the July 2015 European Math Trade.

geeklist:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/193593/july-2015-euro...

List closes: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 22:00 GMT
Deadline for submitting want lists: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 22:00 GMT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When our geeklist is up on the
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

try the automated way to transfer your items from previous trades into the current one:

After clicking on the icon, select a previous trade from the dropdown list and press submit. Then you can easily transfer the entries of your choice into the current trade by pressing the corresponding buttons. This will save you a lot of time.

or, you can use this link immediately:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=1935...
(thanks enoon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some editing of the first post needed, Dimitris - it still has the March info (apart from the link). No big deal, but you don't want to send more panic across the whole of Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in painted Malifaux crews or Blood Bowl teams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a wanted thread for this MT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafmi Sanichar - van Herwijnen
Netherlands
Weesp
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For fear of coming off as a complete dunce...How does shipping work? I'm willing to pay the first 12 euro's to anywhere but how does it work for the rest of the shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to, you can say "First €12 of shipping paid". I recommend then giving a) the accurate packed weight of the item and importantly b) a total shipping cost (if it's simple to do for all Europe) or a link to a user-friendly site where people can work out the shipping cost.

I used to do this a lot, because shipping from the UK to Europe can be expensive. These days I more tend to adjust my 'wants' so that I get the value in game for the value of 'my game' plus shipping. But that means I don't "want" lower value games - and there might be some folks who'd be happy to pay the extra €10 for shipping to get something they want.

Some folks don't want to think about paying for part of shipping (they think it's unfair, which it isn't) other don't mind.

The key thing is to make it easy for other people to know for sure what they are committing to in terms of money when they "want" your items.

The ideal is 'free shipping' but if that means not being able to 'want' lower value games then sometimes it's not the best thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
startrouble wrote:
Is there a wanted thread for this MT?
Use this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am looking for the deluxe edition of Euphoria in English and Witch's Brew in English (yes I know about the German version and about Broom Service).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Does anyone have a copy of forge war or super motherload lying around? Very interestedmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a (beaten up) copy of Zug um Zug: Deutschland. I prefer the board art to that of Märklin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also wanted:

Carcassonne: Wheel of Fortune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And:

Carcassonne: Hero at the Crossroads & Baba Yaga (Каркассон: Мы идем в Каркассон)

Edit: On its way from Moscow thanks to a Russian Geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Strewth - you guys don't want much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Europe is vast and largely unexplored, don'tcha know ....

These Carcassonne things assuredly exist in Russia - and there's one fewer copy of Каркассон: Мы идем в Каркассон there now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Ducat
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am quite new to the Math Trade and will surely ask newbee question...
I just added some games as requested into the geeklist, however i do not see them in the olwlg as the one i propose.

Is there a manual sync to do ?

thanks in advance
Fabien

EDIT just saw that button bottom of the main page, but answering an error.
[resync BGG collection data now]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The moderator (Dimitris) does a manual synch of the trade geeklist "now and again" but quite often; the last one was at 9.55AM BST. Your item will not show in the OLWLG until the next synch.

Go to "your profile" in OLWLG (the person icon next to your login name) and tick " turn on geekmail notifications whenver a math trade you are in is resynced with the geeklist" [sic] to be notified every time a synch is done.

Lots of other interesting and useful stuff to configure there too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Ducat
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the quick reply ! :-) Will tick this option ! and see others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chaney
United Kingdom
Dry Drayton
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the mixup with the 'US Shipping' items; I did indeed post to the wrong list blush

I couldnt change the type to 'outside the scope', so I've simply removed them. My apologies for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DainHarper wrote:
I couldnt change the type to 'outside the scope', so I've simply removed them. My apologies for the confusion.
Work around:
blank out the existing description and hit enter with nothing in the text box. That produces an error message. Then I could type "outside scope" and the desired entry came up and could be 'entered'.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/19634335#19634335 (just five posts before one of yours)

From the header (rules for this trade):

"If you change your mind about the game you are trading please DO NOT REMOVE IT FROM THE TRADE. Edit the entry and change the item to "Outside the scope of BGG", then add the following line of code in the description:
+altname+ Item removed -altname-"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once removed it's too late. As always: don't rely on the numbers. (Personally I prefer the "deletions allowed and encouraged" system, but it is of course up to Dimitris to decide. He forbids it so don't do it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
And:

Carcassonne: Hero at the Crossroads & Baba Yaga (Каркассон: Мы идем в Каркассон)

Edit: On its way from Moscow thanks to a Russian Geek.

He has been a great. Tell him that, in case he passes through Rome, he can contact me so we manage a meeting in which I can offer him a paint of beer or what equivalent he wishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
don't rely on the numbers.
that is my advice also.

smithlucas wrote:
it is of course up to Dimitris to decide. He forbids it so don't do it.
It is a technical issue. It only hurts people who rely on the geeklist numbers to manually mark items.

Since it was mentioned, I would like to state I believe every participant has a say in the rules. If it is ever needed in the future, I would prefer we decide matters via a public poll/discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always and will continue to advocate banning removal of entries (Go Dimitris). Call me old-fashioned, but I enjoy the visceral pleasure of scanning each page of the list as it arrives, noting down any entries of interest, doing a final cut of my very numerous first bursts of enthusiasm and then visiting the OLWLG thingy to actually enter my finalised wishes. It all keeps this old man very happy.

As an aside I cancelled one of my entries (was 216) and had no problem with amending the entry to " Outside the Scope ". I don't understand why others can't seem to be able to do that. I believe that the same problem occurred last time around as well. Am I missing something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Carvalho
Portugal
Madeira
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure I understand the problem with removing an item:

People who manually mark the numbers of the items they want and do not check those numbers with the most updated synch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.