Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Aaron Hoot
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good stores or shops around the Nashville, TN area that sells boardgames. My son lives around there and was wanting to buy the kids some games. Since he does not have internet, buying off the internet is not an option. Please advise.

Thanks,
abhslh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gray
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
GameStoreDB.com lists one in Hermitage, TN:

http://www.gamestoredb.com/?addr=nashville%2C+tn&c=plugin&p=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hoot
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he's looking for kid's games, however, the Game Keep (the one in Hermitage), might not be the best option. If you can give me an idea of what type of games (maybe a title or two) he is looking for, I'll point you to the right store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically there are three places to buy games in the Nashville area (not counting HeroScape at Walmart or Toys-R-Us).

If you are looking for a store with a good selection of Eurogames, card games, Dungeons and Dragons books, miniatures and painting stuff the Game Keep (is probably the best choice. They also have a gaming room in the back and have people gaming there most of the time.

If you are looking for GMT games or other wargames you will probably need to go to Nord's Games which is in the Hickory Hollow Mall in Antioch (a few miles down I-24). They also have a great selection of miniatures for fantasy RPGing. They also carry Euros, cardgames, and games like Monopoly and party games.

A lesser-known place to buy games is Phillip's Toys (5207 Harding Place - near Rt. 70 in southwest Nashville). They've got Euros and some of the Panzergrenadier wargames published by Avalance Press and some other wargames I didn't see at the other places. The games in this store are spread out in three areas so it pays to spend some time looking around. Not really a good source for RPG stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls