United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay fellow geeks, you've all been really helpful to me for my trips to

Seattle - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/896223#896223

and the Bay Area - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/932622#932622

During the Christmas break, my family is traveling from Idaho to the Phoenix area (Mesa to be more specific) to visit family.

Are there any "must visit" game stores in Phoenix area? I love game stores with used/consignment sections, a healthy wargame section (hoping to pick up ASLSK#2 and some GMT games), a good selection of Warmachine stuff, AND will most likely to have Federation Commander: Romulan Border and/or Klingon Border in stock (my brother and I are hoping to rekindle our SFB days).

Thanks again for all of your help!

(Funny side bar, I'll be the only Idahoan in the Phoenix area NOT going to the Fiesta Bowl. FYI, for all you Phoenicians, the increased clicking sounds on the streets will be the studded tires of Idahoans)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Baker
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
When I was last in Phoenix, last January, I checked out several game stores, mostly in Malls. Very disappointing. Milwaukee is much, much better. Don't waste your time.
Scurvy Dog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Scurvy Dog wrote:
When I was last in Phoenix, last January, I checked out several game stores, mostly in Malls. Very disappointing. Milwaukee is much, much better. Don't waste your time.
Scurvy Dog

You did not look in the right places then

The best game store in the greater Phoenix area is the Game Depot at Southern and McClintock. They carry Warmachine, GMT games, Federation Commander and a lot of other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokey Brown
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Maschinen Plunger
mbmbmb
Game Depot in Tempe is the best. Waterloo games in Gilbert has a lot of OOP stuff still on the shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven richard
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know anything about the gaming scene in AZ, but I know I wouldn't be planning a trip there without a copy of Public Enemy's "By the Time I get To Arizona".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last weekend I returned from my latest Phoenix vacations... visited both stores - ok, but not breathtaking.

For "Waterloo" watch out - while I was there, it was only open Fri to Sun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christa Haley
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for Game Depot too. Here's a link that might help you.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/15715

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just returned from AZ and am a little disappointed with the gaming scene.

Game Depot was the best store. I picked up Saboteur and Federation Commander: Romulan Border from there. They had a pretty decent inventory, unfortunately other than FC: RB and Saboteur, not much of what I was looking for.

I went to a Game Daze in one of the malls (Superstition Springs?) and was not impressed. Only good thing was that I was able to get Duel of Ages Worldspanner off of their clearance table for about $15.

There was also some game kiosk in one of the malls (Fiesta Mall?) where games were on clearance. My brother got Bang and Dodge City for $12 total and I was able to score Khet for $22. That was pretty cool. They also had one copy of the new Shogun (Wallenstein remake) for $64 plus 20% off. I didn't pick it up because I got mine on pre-order from Cardhaus.

I really wanted to get out to Waterloo but I traveled to El Paso (to see parents) on the weekend. When I was in Mesa, I tried calling Waterloo and never got an answer so I just never bothered making the trip to Gilbert to see Waterloo.

Either way, I appreciate all of you who helped me locate the FLGS in the Phoenix area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls