Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Gaming Stores in Orlando rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T B
Denmark
Jyllinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon going to Orlando, so i was just wondering which of the Coolstuff shops are the best to visit....also if anyone can recommend other game stores to visit in or around Orlando?

Thanks

Thomas
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brygmann17 wrote:
Soon going to Orlando, so i was just wondering which of the Coolstuff shops are the best to visit....also if anyone can recommend other game stores to visit in or around Orlando?

Thanks

Thomas
hi

check out

Orlando, FL Game store? Game night?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orlando local here,,

Coolstuff
Maitland is the main store, always stuff happening there. My go to store for anything Gaming.
Winter Park is a smaller store but caters more to the card game group.


Sci-Fi City Lots of stuff, sadly most of it a MSRP, but very poor play area, cramped and just not...

Coliseum of comicsKisimme They used to have a large game area but moved a little ways to a new location. Unsure of environment there, Large friendly group. 40k and Magic. FYI they have many retail locations in malls as well those don't have gaming areas if they do its like 1 table.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi TB,

I don't have a store front but if there is anything on my store that your interested in I can send a shipment to wherever your staying.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Giron
United States
Champions Gate
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also another Collesium of Comics near the Mall at Millenia and they have a decent selection of board games, though honestly I think CSI in Maitland is my favorite place to go to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't been to Sci-Fi City in awhile: Many of their games are marked down 20% or more (look for the orange price labels).

The gaming area is a bit small, especially compared to their former location a couple years ago, but there's a dozen 6' tables and 9 pallet tables for miniatures gaming. Regular game nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays (well attended by friendly gamers, esp Tuesdays) plus all the usual (Friday night magic, etc)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Hiwiller
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paladin in Avalon Park
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Orlando local here,,

Coolstuff
Maitland is the main store, always stuff happening there. My go to store for anything Gaming.
Winter Park is a smaller store but caters more to the card game group.


Sci-Fi City Lots of stuff, sadly most of it a MSRP, but very poor play area, cramped and just not...

Coliseum of comicsKisimme They used to have a large game area but moved a little ways to a new location. Unsure of environment there, Large friendly group. 40k and Magic. FYI they have many retail locations in malls as well those don't have gaming areas if they do its like 1 table.

Scott,

Last time I was in the area (last summer), Cool Stuff's Winter Park location had the ding-n-dent section, while the Maitland store had the warehouse (which was frustrating, because I went to Winter Park to see what they had in ding-n-dent, then learned anything else I wanted had to be picked up in Maitland).

Do you know if it's still set up that way? Is there still a ding-n-dent at all (coming to Florida in August, but I'm going to be in Palm Coast)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
Hi TB,

I don't have a store front but if there is anything on my store that your interested in I can send a shipment to wherever your staying.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

No local pickup?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
No local pickup?

Just online only.. sorry.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Clifton
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redjack11 wrote:


The gaming area is a bit small, especially compared to their former location a couple years ago, but there's a dozen 6' tables and 9 pallet tables for miniatures gaming. Regular game nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays (well attended by friendly gamers, esp Tuesdays) plus all the usual (Friday night magic, etc)


I miss their old location. I remember they had a meet and greets with random sci-fi stars through the years. I got a poster signed by the guy inside R2-D2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls