Karefa Kargbo
United States
McLean
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be travelling to the UK for about a month soon. Does anybody know any good FLGS in or around London? Preferably one that charges less than MSRP? It would also have to be reachable by Underground or bus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends where you are, but in the centre you have Orc's Nest.

http://www.orcsnest.com/shop.htm

I have used them on and off since they opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonimon wrote:
I will be travelling to the UK for about a month soon. Does anybody know any good FLGS in or around London? Preferably one that charges less than MSRP? It would also have to be reachable by Underground or bus.
Orc's Nest is a good shop. I recently visited London for a week and that was the only game store I could get too but I was not disappointed.

Things are VERY expensive though. Roughly double the price.

That said, I wish I'd bought even more than I did - there were things there that are just impossible to get over here. I wound up spending more than double getting those same games I had in my hand by buying them on the internet and having them shipped.

Next time, I'll just ignore the prices and buy everything I see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Canyon Country
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cauldronofevil wrote:
Sonimon wrote:
Orc's Nest is a good shop. I recently visited London for a week and that was the only game store I could get too but I was not disappointed.

Things are VERY expensive though. Roughly double the price.

That said, I wish I'd bought even more than I did - there were things there that are just impossible to get over here. I wound up spending more than double getting those same games I had in my hand by buying them on the internet and having them shipped.

Next time, I'll just ignore the prices and buy everything I see!
What are some examples? Just curious. I was recently in Oxford and Rugby and each had a good game store with reasonable prices, but not with much you can't get in the US. I also went to London and had heard of the Orcs Nest but didn't have time to stop by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bprush wrote:
What are some examples?
I was looking for the Advanced Fighting Fantasy books at the time and they had them all! VERY hard to get over here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Gillam
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised nobody has mentioned Leisure Games. It;s a bit of a trek to the Finchley Central underground stop, but well worth it.The best stocked shop in London.Prices are MSRP, but the selection is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in London for a meeting today and saw I was only 15 mins walk from Orc's Nest and Forbidden Planet.
Once I checked them out, I realised I've been to Orc's Nest before, but probably about 10 years ago! Not much had changed, but it is fair stuffed with games considering its size, with most of the recent big releases.
There is a pretty decent wargame selection upstairs too.

What impressed me most though was the lady on the till who was really engaged with customers. I heard her explain quite a lot of games very well indeed. With her it is definately a FLGS. One of the customers bought some games and said "I'm leaving a very happy customer".

I myself just about managed to resist the selection on offer - partially due to the prices, but mainly because I've already got too many unplayed games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls