$30.00
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If you are playing a 3 (4,5) player game that goes to the limit -- Do you average the VPs of the powers a player shares, or just take the highest? [Is averaging only for Domination victory?]

2) When do protestants get to add people on successful reformation attempts? My reading is that you get to move the troops from the electorate to the map when the space reforms (prior to the Schmal. League event), but after the event only if they have political and religious control.

3) Since all of Germany starts with Protestant HCMs (so, Catholic side), don't protestants already have political control at the start of the game? I felt like I was overlooking a rule. The Schmalkaldic event converts religous to political, but the markers still on the catholic side stay protestant, right?

4) Can formations use Winter movement if they are within stacking limit?

5) Regarding Electorates -- apart from the troops at the start, what is the electorate display used for? Retreating (inside of fortresses).

7) You have to assualt keys and fortresses since both are fortified spaces, right?

And finally, I appear to have lost a dozen of my protestant HCM markers. Does anyone have a nice file scan I could print out to make some spares? [It could be worse, at least that's all I seem to have lost].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A few more rules questions
Bankler wrote:

1) If you are playing a 3 (4,5) player game that goes to the limit -- Do you average the VPs of the powers a player shares, or just take the highest? [Is averaging only for Domination victory?]

You only average for the purposes of a Domination victory.

Bankler wrote:

2) When do protestants get to add people on successful reformation attempts? My reading is that you get to move the troops from the electorate to the map when the space reforms (prior to the Schmal. League event), but after the event only if they have political and religious control.

That's my reading too.

Bankler wrote:

3) Since all of Germany starts with Protestant HCMs (so, Catholic side), don't protestants already have political control at the start of the game? I felt like I was overlooking a rule. The Schmalkaldic event converts religous to political, but the markers still on the catholic side stay protestant, right?

All of Germany starts with *Hapsburg* HCMs on the Catholic side which should explain your confusion.

Bankler wrote:

Yes, that's all covered by 19.3, Land Units Returning Home.

Bankler wrote:

5) Regarding Electorates -- apart from the troops at the start, what is the electorate display used for? Retreating (inside of fortresses).

Nothing whatsoever.

Bankler wrote:

7) You have to assualt keys and fortresses since both are fortified spaces, right?

Yes.

Bankler wrote:

And finally, I appear to have lost a dozen of my protestant HCM markers. Does anyone have a nice file scan I could print out to make some spares? [It could be worse, at least that's all I seem to have lost].

You may not have lost a dozen since you'll probably find you should have been using Hapsburgs HCM's to cover Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest.
mbmbmbmbmb
) If you are playing a 3 (4,5) player game that goes to the limit -- Do you average the VPs of the powers a player shares, or just take the highest? [Is averaging only for Domination victory?]

Averaging is only for Domination.

Correct. Before SL, when space changes Religion. After SL, need both Religious and Political Control.

No, Protestant Home Spaces begin with Hapsburg HCMs on their Catholic side in 1517. Prior to Schmalkaldic Leage, no Protestant HCMs are in play. Once SL is played, any Protestant Home Areas with Hapsburg HCMs on their Protestant side are removed from the board, revealing their (default) Protestant political orientation. Those Hapsburg HCMs on their Catholic side remain on the board.

Only to move to the Capital.

They are a convenient (and optional) place to mark the Hapsburg/Protestant struggle for Electorate VPs after SL has been played.

Yes. Both generally must be besieged, then assaulted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your answers, and yes, I guess that means I'm not missing any pieces. Huzzah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.