United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brainstorm AI for Blood Ties (pre-objective reveal):

If the Keeper has 1-2 threat,
Play Evil Presence and end turn, regaining the spent Threat token if this was the first action of the turn.

If the Keeper has 3+ threat,
If any enemies are in movement range of an Investigator and do not currently share an investigator's space,
Move all enemies using Creatures of Night. Creatures already in an investigator's space don't move unless they can move into a space containing more investigators or the Blood Relative. If any enemy can't reach an investigator, move that enemy toward the altar instead. If the enemy has a sample, ignore investigators and move directly toward the altar.

If there are fewer than 4 zombies in play,
The keeper uses Raise Dead to spawn a zombie in the space containing a body token that is closest to an investigator (Blood Relative breaks ties). If necessary, the Keeper first adds a Body token to the graveyard or crypt, alternating between the two locations.

If no enemies are carrying a sample and at least 1 enemy shares an investigator's space,
The applicable enemy closest to the altar uses the Take Sample action. Mi-Gos break ties.

Otherwise,
Use the Pyromaniac action, spreading the fire first toward the Graveyard and then toward any unexplored rooms. Avoid rooms containing body tokens if possible.

Keeper's goals for this scenario (pre-reveal) should be:
1) Damage the Blood Relative.
2) Reduce the Blood Relative's sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the rules! Very well structured, easy to understand and implement!
Keep up the good work!
I'll add your rules to the website and the scenario specific rules under each scenario tab.
I'm really impressed!

I have cleaned up the printable room content so that it's actually usable if someone wants to print them.
I've also uploaded the numbered cards for the game board. Plus the required door/obstacle tokens. They should turn up in the downloads section soon.

After adding the rules and scenario rules it feels like my job is pretty much done. Which is great, because then I can start some serious gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, by the way. I just spoke to my brother. We'll play blood ties this weekend using your AI rules.
I'll post more feedback after that. Really looking forward to testing your rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Oh, by the way. I just spoke to my brother. We'll play blood ties this weekend using your AI rules.
I'll post more feedback after that. Really looking forward to testing your rules!

Great! I will add after-reveal rules then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Looking forward to those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I we started playing tonight. I must say that this far we didn't really miss a keeper.

Everything got on really smoothly and, @kitten hoarder, your rules were awesome!
I'll upload a picture of the printed keys for the automated keeper tomorrow.

We didn't finish the game though.
As this is the first play through I didn't want to play it without @kittenhoarders final rules.
It was a really good game though (and I'm not just saying so because I was a part of developing it) .
@kittenhoarder don't give up!

I'll give you some feedback tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, I should have posted a couple of more images and rules feedback. I'll get back to you on the rules after a complete play through this weekend.
I feel that I don't know the automated keeper rules well enough to give any constructive critisism. My overall opinion still stands. The rules work really well.

I have added them to the website. I feel that @Kittenhoarder deserve some credit for them. So what should I add? A link to your info here on bgg or something else?

These are some more things I have been busy with lately:

1.) Added Kittenhoarders scenario specific rules to the map page.
2.) Updated the numbered cards for printing (file is available on the bgg download page).
3.) Added an option to view the room items in plain text (for those who only want to use this tool to speed up the game setup).
4.) Various bug fixes.

This is what I'm currently working on (basically finished):

1.) Added the intro text to the scenario depending on the scenario
choice (Still need to add scenario texts for most of the scenarios).
2.) The item list now shows doors and obstacles (still need to add the lists of doors and obstacles. Everything else is in place).
3.) Add icons of scenario specific keeper action cards to the scenario page.

After this the page should really be finished and done with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added all the clues and obstacles to the cards list.
I also added the "Prologue" texts to all scenarios that has those. Since there are none in the call of the wild expansion I left those empty.

Hopefully I'll find the time to add the keeper action cards for the scenario to the pages this weekend.
But my first priority is to finally be able to play this game without a keeper!

Edit:
Oh, one more thing, it seems that I managed to screw up the css somehow. I'll try and fix that tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get you more scenario specific rules shortly. I got caught up in other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
I'll get you more scenario specific rules shortly. I got caught up in other things.

No problems! Sometimes life gets in the way of the more important stuff! ;-)
I know that the thread seems quiet. And it is. But the site gets about 200 visitors per week. It's not an incredible amount, but it's a lot more than one can expect when you look at this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:

No problems! Sometimes life gets in the way of the more important stuff! ;-)
I know that the thread seems quiet. And it is. But the site gets about 200 visitors per week. It's not an incredible amount, but it's a lot more than one can expect when you look at this thread.

That's incredible!

And the thread seems pretty active to me. At least, you are active with your updates.

Here is the rest of BLOOD TIES

After the objective is revealed, the Keeper's goals and/or AI take on the following changes:

Objective 1A Keeper Goals:
1) Keep Artimus alive.
2) Take samples and transport them safely to the altar.

Objective 1A Keeper AI:
Keeper will spend all available threat on the following:

Play Creatures of Night every round. Monsters with samples will move toward altar via the safest path (i.e. they avoid fire and armed investigators). Artimus will move away from the investigator holding the best weapon, as defined by [range + damage rating], and will also avoid fire. All other monsters will move as they did pre-reveal.

Play Take Sample using the least liable monster, defined as [distance from altar - enemy health], with smaller numbers indicating lower liability.

The keeper uses Raise Dead to spawn a zombie in the space containing a body token that is closest to an investigator (Blood Relative breaks ties). If necessary, the Keeper first adds a Body token to the graveyard or crypt, alternating between the two locations.

Otherwise,
Use the Pyromaniac action, spreading the fire first toward the Graveyard and then toward any unexplored rooms. Avoid rooms containing body tokens, monsters holding samples, and Artimus.

Objective 1B Keeper Goals
1) The keeper will prioritize moving zombies toward the altar space, and will not take any actions that directly damage those zombies.
2) The keeper will use all other resources at his disposal to kill the investigators, beginning with the investigator carrying the Ceremonial Skull.

Objective 1B Keeper AI
The Keeper uses Raise Dead to spawn a zombie in the space containing a body token that is closest to the altar. If necessary, the Keeper first adds a Body token to the crypt only. Repeat these actions until 4 zombies are in play or until the Keeper has only 1 threat remaining.

Play Creatures of Night every round. Zombies will move toward the altar via the safest path (i.e. they avoid fire and armed investigators). All other monsters will move as they did pre-reveal.

Play Pyromaniac to spread fire toward rooms containing investigators. However, do NOT place fire in a room with a body token or zombie, or in any room along the path between the Crypt and the altar. If it is not possible to spread fire toward the investigators, spread fire into as many rooms as possible on the above-ground portion of the map.

If any threat remains, use Evil Presence.

Objective 1C Keeper Goals
1) Reduce the Blood Relative's sanity.
2) Damage investigators, killing them if possible. Do NOT damage the Blood Relative unless his Sanity is at 0 or all other investigators are killed. In these circumstances, monsters will not attack the Blood Relative, even if they are in his space during the Monster Attack phase.

Objective 1C Keeper AI

Play Evil Presence. Any sanity-reducing Mythos cards are automatically assigned to the Blood Relative when they are revealed.

If Blood Relative's Sanity is 0 or all other investigators are killed,
Play Creatures of Night every round, moving monsters into the Blood Relative's space if possible.
Otherwise,
Play Creatures of Night every round, moving monsters into or out of the Blood Relative's room in such a way as to cause horror checks if possible.

Play Pyromaniac to spread fire toward the investigators. Prioritize spreading fire to the rooms adjacent to the Blood Relative, but not the Blood Relative's room. Second priority is spreading fire into rooms containing other investigators.

Use any remaining threat to spawn zombies as described in the pre-reveal AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!
Thanks!
I'll add those to the page right away.
I'm at work but it's more fun to work on the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okey, this is long overdue.

So we've played the "Blood Ties" scenario two times now. And I must stand by my opinion that it works really well with the automated rules.
The only thing I feel like deserves a comment is the amount of rules/options for the keeper.
I'm really not a fan of having to make decisions for a player that I'm not playing. I always feel like I'm cheating and to compensate that I'm usually too hard on myself.

So this is how we played the game (to speed things up, and avoid too long discussions on the possible keeper options).

1.) We basically only used the options that were scenario specific.
2.) We applied priorities to the rules. Eg, the rule on the top of the page was always used if it was applicable. If not we used the option on the second row etc.

And I must say that this made the game really challenging for us. We had trouble with the fire and also battled with both mi-gos and zombies.

@Kittenhoarder, you have done a great job with these rules! Keep them coming!

Once we have more rules I'll start making an "automated keeper guide" that will be available as a pdf here on bgg. My hope is that it will completely replace the keeper guide in the regular game.

I've also added the keeper actions to the website. So with any luck you won't ever have to open the keeper guide again!

I also noticed that the Chrome browser doesn't seem to support page breaks for printing. So, if you want to print anything please use firefox and everything should be just fine.

As always, if you have any questions please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing my 4th game of Mansion tonight.

and I have to say this is awesome!

Wish I saw this before I prep the game last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very interesting! Going to see if I can assemble this and try running it- totally coop MoM would be amazing!

Thanks for all your effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick glance over, but have you incorporated all errata into the scenarios?

For example, I noticed that you have not adjusted the room orientation of the Gallery in the Green-Eyed Boy scenario. Its orientation is actually incorrect in the printed rules with door positions that make it impossible to enter or exit the room!

I'd be happy to check all the errata and send you corrections if that would help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narlgoth wrote:
Just a quick glance over, but have you incorporated all errata into the scenarios?

For example, I noticed that you have not adjusted the room orientation of the Gallery in the Green-Eyed Boy scenario. Its orientation is actually incorrect in the printed rules with door positions that make it impossible to enter or exit the room!

I'd be happy to check all the errata and send you corrections if that would help?

Thanks! The maps are based on the ones included in the scenario books. So all the errors in the printed material are present at the site as well.

If you send me a list of the errata then I'll update the site.
But I wonder if it's worth the effort. I plan to take the site down this summer.
I'll probably post some pdfs with the site content here instead. This is no promise, I'll only do it if I find the time and there is interest in the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you aren't intending to keep the stuff up then no worries, I guess its no big deal.

I will have to try and get around to collecting the ideas you have done so far from the site so that I can finish making a coop variant on my own once its gone. Just sad I didn't find this sooner! Thanks again for your responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narlgoth wrote:
Well if you aren't intending to keep the stuff up then no worries, I guess its no big deal.

I will have to try and get around to collecting the ideas you have done so far from the site so that I can finish making a coop variant on my own once its gone. Just sad I didn't find this sooner! Thanks again for your responses.

Well, I wrote the page as a way to convince game developers that a coop variant is possible. If you're willing to write coop rules then I'll keep the site open another year. No worries!
How does that sound?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Narlgoth wrote:

Well, I wrote the page as a way to convince game developers that a coop variant is possible. If you're willing to write coop rules a shot then I'll keep the site open another year. No worries!
How does that sound?

Really excellent work, I hope you keep the site up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
Really excellent work, I hope you keep the site up.

Thanks!
I'll keep paying for the site as long as someone is working on the co-op rules. I feel the site doesn't really have a purpose without a proper co-op variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Messaging you for more information.

I'm no computer wiz, but I would be happy to give a shot at the conception and writing out of some rules if you want me to try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narlgoth wrote:
Messaging you for more information.

I'm no computer wiz, but I would be happy to give a shot at the conception and writing out of some rules if you want me to try!

I'd love it if you'd give it a go! Let me worry about the computer stuff and focus on the rules! And let me know if you'd like some functionality added to the site.

Please consider an automated keeper deck or something that manages the decision making for the keeper.

If your rules ever gets finished I promise to generate pdfs for all scenarios with all possible combinations of story choices and associated key-sheets(not taking random items into account of course).

You've got a reply in your inbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So what happened with kittenhoarder's rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
So what happened with kittenhoarder's rules?

Sorry, I have no idea.
My guess is that he has other more rewarding projects than writing rules for a game that has reached end of life. And that's totally understandable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.