Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Williams
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Game Fondue Reviews fanMicrobadge: 2019 Christmas Card Exchange participantMicrobadge: slickerdrips fanMicrobadge: My Little Pony fan - FluttershyMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
In order to play the Hundred Years' War expansion is anything besides the base set (1st Edition) needed?

Is Call to Arms required?

I have tried to find a breakdown to show what requires what but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All you need is the base set to play the 100 Years War scenarios. Call to Arms is only required if you want to build your own armies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I played Snowdonia in Snowdonia!Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Tasmanian DevilMicrobadge: Pax Porfiriana fanMicrobadge: COIN fan
There is also an Epic scenario for Agincourt which would require a second board that came with that expansion or a second copy of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Williams
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Game Fondue Reviews fanMicrobadge: 2019 Christmas Card Exchange participantMicrobadge: slickerdrips fanMicrobadge: My Little Pony fan - FluttershyMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
Thanks. I am glad I asked. I did not even notice the double board for the epic Agincourt battle. That was one of the reasons I wanted the game. I see I can still have an Agincourt battle with the base set. Man I really need to focus on researching this. I am confusing myself.

EDIT: ***Added last few sentences***
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Level 13 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
The core game has a bunch of scenarios from the War of Two Peters, and there is nothing else required. I'd recommend two expansions thought
BattleLore: The Hundred Years' War – Crossbows & Polearms
The game includes the following four (4) single adventures: Crécy, Cocherel, Patay and Poitiers. Additionally, Agincourt will be revisited as an epic adventure.

BattleLore: Code of Chivalry
Lots of Knights, including dismounted Knights.
Scenarios Included
Battle of Evesham (Simon de Montfort vs. Prince Edward).
Battle of Saint-Omer (Robert III, Count of Artois vs. Eudes IV, Duke of Burgundy).
Battle of Morlaix (William de Bohum, Earl of Northampton vs. Charles de Blois, Duke of Brittany).
Battle of Ardres (John of Beauchamp vs. Edouard I, Lord of Beaujeu).

Finally, some scenarios are listed here
http://www.battleloremaster.com/adventures_official.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Nieuwenhuis
Netherlands
Epe
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Memoir '44 Online League winnerMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Colosseum fanMicrobadge: Roborally fanMicrobadge: Small World fan
I don't know about your side of the Atlantic, but in Europe I managed to get them for more reasonable prices. My advice: keep an eye out on E-bay and such sites, it pays to shop around.

(And hope a player quits the game: Just after I got all the expansions a player sold the entire lot plus an extra base game for about $300. That would have been a steal. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls