Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Marling
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
These replies were from the designer to questions I had about the English rules - hopefully they'll be helpful to some of you:

Q: It is OK for two players to be in the same space?
A: Yes

Q: It is possible to start a rebellion in an enemy starter city space (Walk, Rauge etc)?
A: Yup. Initiating an uprising in the middle of their base... bold but risky.

Q: It is a major road between Helmet and Odenbach?
A: Nope. Sorry about that - it should be forest trail instead.

Q: If a player dies, do you lose their actions too - or share them out?
A: Yes, you lose them

Q: The castles from the expansion have no rules: Are they just for aesthetic value?
A: Yes

Q: It seems possible to lose before I have had a turn. For example, say I roll '2 diamonds' on the green dice four times in a tow during 'set up'. The first time cubes will be placed in Walk and Helmet; the second Niggen and Dorpat; the third Talkhof and Peters (this one repelled by the uprising, but the rebellion token is removed); the fourth Pters and Wessenstein - and we lose before we have taken a turn?
A: The main goal of the initial uprising markers is to prevent any enemy forces entering Weissenstein during setup (and of course they also help with that during the game itself as well) - so if that rare situation really happens, do not put last enemy troop on board (to Weissenstein). This represents the situation where enemy has breached the initial uprising and is behind the castle walls - and that's where the game starts.

Q: An action is used to place an 'Uprising' token. However, the rules also say "if an enemy unit enters a location with an uprising marker... the marker is removed" - so it does not even slow the enemy down, by not letting them place a unit on that position? This would suggest it is not worth using this action until very close to when they can be turned into forts. Is this correct? Or can you place multiple uprising tokens on one space?
A: No, uprisings do not slow the enemy down and even speed up a bit their deployment later (by adding one extra troop to siege area) - and there's a limit of only one token per location. Therefore you should not initiate uprisings very close to enemy - or if you do then you should keep the enemy in control in that region. You're correct in that they're most efficient when placed during a turn before changing them into forts - but this means that you should have some suitable location cleared and you yourself close to it before that.

Q: Co-op games tend to have different levels of difficulty - perhaps there should be an easier starting position, where you roll less dice at the set-up?
A: I'd suggest decreasing the amount of dice rolls during setup, then you'd have easier start for sure. Unless you roll doubles all the time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.