Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftovers for 2015 Summer Canadian math trade. Take note of the SHORT submission times.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2015 Leftovers

Request GeekList: N/A (use this discussion thread)

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Sunday August 16th 11:00 PM EDT to Tuesday August 18th 11:00 PM EDT

Want List Submissions: Tuesday August 18th 11:00 PM EDT to Wednesday August 19th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, August 18th, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, August 19th, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 24 hours left to get your games in for trade. Deadline is Tuesday at 11:00 PM EDT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final few hours to get your games in for trade. Deadline is tonight at 11:00 PM EDT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're done. Wantlist submissions are now open. Deadline is 24 hours from now (Wednesday at 11:00 PM EDT).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't made a trade in a leftover trade yet. Lets see if things change today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're done with a whopping ZERO trades. Thanks again to everyone who participated. See you next math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, is that normal to have zero trades in a leftover?

Thanks for putting in the work for... nothing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HA! Thanks OX!

I saw the zero trades and thought it was a mistake! This is silly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow indeed! What are the odds?

Have you seen this before ox?

Thanks for organizing and running though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaltmanJ wrote:
Wow, is that normal to have zero trades in a leftover?

Thanks for putting in the work for... nothing?

No, I wouldn't say it's normal at all. The percentage of items traded in a leftovers trade is always a lot lower, but I've never seen zero items traded before.

If you take a look at the list of most wanted items, you'll see that the majority of them had empty want lists. So no trades in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juggling Mike
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Ox for both trades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean restall
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ox for running both trades.

I'm with everyone else in finding it crazy that there wasn't a single trade this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So either those people were asleep at the wheel, or didn't see anything they liked for their in-demand stuff. Fair enough.

Thanks again, and see everyone in another quarter.

Or better yet, come out for TABScon in Toronto (and a no-ship math trade) in a few weeks:

TabsCon No-Ship Math Trade (Sept. 2015) - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the fairly successful initial trade may have caused people to either not participate in the leftovers (already traded enough stuff), or have tighter want lists (if I'm going to trade any more, I want it to be good).

I know I kind of fell into the second category. I got a couple trades in the initial trade, and negotiated a side trade as well, so that's plenty of shipping to pay for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.