Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jari Kemppainen
Finland
Kuopio
flag msg tools
badge
The state flag of Finland from January to May 1918
Microbadge: Paths of Glory fanMicrobadge: Bridge fanMicrobadge: W1815 fanMicrobadge: FUBA fanMicrobadge: Vassal player
Hi. I'm trying to compare this to Triumph and Tragedy. Is there any rules available to read? In the first place, does this game have anything similarity with T&T than the era?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Pax Baltica fan - RussiaMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - SaxonyMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - DenmarkMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - PolandMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - Sweden
Hi Jari,

We are not quite ready to reveal the rules for Cataclysm yet, though we are getting close.

I've compared Cataclysm with T&T before. Now that I've played (and enjoyed) T&T myself, I will say that they are comparable in topic, but in almost no other way. The rules are about the same length, maybe slightly longer. Cataclysm's play time for a full campaign is about twice as long, but it does cover more historical time (14-18 years instead of 10). The game mechanics themselves are almost entirely different, Cataclysm's primary sequencing mechanic being chit pull for instance. Our game should be easier to play solo since there is no hidden information. Cataclysm also has shorter scenarios covering only a portion of the period or one theater, as well as an alternate-history scenario; the shortest scenario takes about 90 minutes for experienced players.

Let us know if you have specific questions, we'll do our best to answer while we finalize the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Microbadge: World in Flames fanMicrobadge: xkcd fanMicrobadge: 02022020 egdaborcimicrobadge 20200202Microbadge: Weird Al Yankovic fanMicrobadge: The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret.
sdiberar wrote:
Now that I've played (and enjoyed) T&T myself, I will say that they are comparable in topic, but in almost no other way.
Second that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: board game developer - I help designers make their games betterMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2Microbadge: "Red 5 standing by..."Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!
You can also check out the videos that I have posted. They describe the different aspects of Cataclysm and you can compare them to what you know of TnT and other games.

-K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: At Dawn We Ate Sugar SmacksMicrobadge: Wargamer of 60+ yearsMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Dawn of the Zeds fanMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
Just now discovered this game. Very surprised it hasn't made a bigger splash yet. Watched the videos and was extremely impressed with how innovative an intuitive the mechanics were. They focused on important elements and minimized the extraneous stuff. Just seemed to make game play flow so well. Getting on P500 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Pax Baltica fan - RussiaMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - SaxonyMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - DenmarkMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - PolandMicrobadge: Pax Baltica fan - Sweden
Thanks Frank, we're doing our best to get the word out, but there's only so many hours in the day. We rely on interested fans to keep the flame alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls