This is my forlorn hope! I am willing to be the first to write a 6 Nimmt! Strategy Report on behalf of one of our young gamers who always wins overall and has revealed all as a New Year's Gift.
1. Play according to the rules as listed under the charmingly misspelled:
Strategy for 6 Nimmt! Using Enlgish rules that fit in the box
2. Arrange your cards in your hand low to high,
3. Play those that fall in the middle range for the first and second turns.
4. The hope is that others will NOT follow this strategy and be left out on a limb, having to pick up lots of horns.
5. On your turn #3, start unloading your multi-horned cattle ASAP.
6. You should be left with low cards to start fresh rows. Remember you can CHOSE which low horned row to pick up if you don't want to or can't place a card. (More about the high cards in 7.)
7. Fill in with your light horned high numbered cards.
8. WIN WIN WIN
This verloren hoop is led by a junior player with hopes of personal advancement. If he survives, and performs courageously, he hopes to be guaranteed both a promotion and a long-term boost to his quest for geekgold. As a result, perhaps because of the risks, there seems to be little competition for the opportunity to lead the assault on 6 Nimmt!
Seriously, I tried it today on-line and it seemed to work more often than not.