Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to me going on a Baltic Sea cruise which starts and ends in Copenhagen, Denmark and I have a day in Copenhagen on each end. Are there any good game shops in the city center area?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fridericia
Australia
Nundah
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ted,

There sure is a very large and newly renovated one, it is sooo cool!arrrh

www.faraos.dk

Faraos Cigarer Skindergade 27, 1159 KĂžbenhavn K

It is a 3 story shop with one flor with boardgames,1 with live roleplay gear and 1 with Miniature wargaming stuff.

Right around the corner they also have a large comic book store.

Make sure to visit and Im sure you can find a great game to play on the cruise.

Krgs Joseph ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thank you, Joe.

I checked their web site and it appears they have Istanbul: Mocha & Baksheesh in stock, well before it gets to the US. I think I have my first purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Cortez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely second Joes recomendation, that store is amazing. I was in awe of the place, I let the group of guys working there know that there was no place in so-cal like it. They were surprised and thought we would have had at least a couple. I wish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know when you're going to be here. Maybe we can help you not waste any time finding the store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This an amazing store. I lived in CPH for three years and this was my local store. The guys were so friendly there including staff and customers, welcoming me to the country and their game group where we played Warmachine, Warhammer and board games. I'm still in touch with a few friends I made there almost 10 years later. Great location, great selection and great people!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
Let us know when you're going to be here. Maybe we can help you not waste any time finding the store
I'm in Copenhagen September 14/15 (this coming Tuesday) and again on the 24/25th. I have no idea when I might actually visit, between jet lag (at least on the first visit) and running around with my wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
DenGad wrote:
I'm in Copenhagen September 14/15 (this coming Tuesday) and again on the 24/25th. I have no idea when I might actually visit, between jet lag (at least on the first visit) and running around with my wife.
Ok

Well if you need to figure out our public transportation or something, don't hesitate to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm in Copenhagen and we visited the shop today. Wow, very nice.

One false trip when we first ran across another, smaller game shop half a block away. We had to return to the hotel to use the free WiFi to figure out what happened.

Didn't buy anything but we will return the day after the cruise.

I'll post photos when I get back home.

Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls