Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures and rumors about 'Project Gaia' have started to circulate from the Essen Spiel 2015 fair. wow

Anybody know where there is more info about it?

So far I have found this:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2712818/punkin312
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2704884/mouseketeer
http://www.die-besten-brettspiele.de/spielemesse-essen-2015/
http://www.spielen.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=393158 (I used google translate to read this)

(I also found this that seems to be another 'Project Gaia' being develeoped: http://hyperbolegames.com/tag/development/ )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
The player boards, the player pieces and the oval tiles look indeed familiar. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
The player boards, the player pieces and the oval tiles look indeed familiar. whistle
Helge has uploaded images in TM's gallery about TM in space. Looks just like this. Plus these pics were taken near the Feuerland Spiele booth (look at the Hause Der Sonne posters). Very excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
I wonder if it is just re-theme or another Arkham / Eldritch Horror story when you think for 6 months which game to buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://theboardgamejournal.com/2015/10/10/spiel2015/#jp-caro...
http://www.zatrolene-hry.cz/clanek/essensky-spiel-2015-den-3...

"Terra Mystica: Gaia Project" ("TM in space") will have a lot of new features like variable gameboard, new technologies etc. as well as known components like power cycles, terraforming, variable races...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathis Lurtz
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saw this on the fair, looks intriguing
I immediately thought it should be named Terra Mystica -IN SPACE- ... like that trailer at the end of the second machete movie by Rodriguez.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
the player pieces ... look indeed familiar. whistle
Just the prototype state, they will be more space shaped (fitting the SF theme) in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, the new race "Pigs in Space" will find a home! And "The Coneheads" of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
:( All the poor scifi guys and gals that will buy this thinking they are getting a game with scifi theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
All the poor scifi guys and gals that will buy this thinking they are getting a game with scifi theme.
It won't be 4x, only 3x: expand, explore and kind of exploit the ressources engine, but no extermination (if fighting/combat is your definition of scifi theme, this game will be outside your frame).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlotte Malone
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
All the poor scifi guys and gals that will buy this thinking they are getting a game with scifi theme.
IKR? And then they'll just be blown away by all the awesome! This is what you meant, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
creevedog wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
IKR? And then they'll just be blown away by all the awesome! This is what you meant, yes?

It must be what he meant!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
creevedog wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
:( All the poor scifi guys and gals that will buy this thinking they are getting a game with scifi theme.
IKR? And then they'll just be blown away by all the awesome! This is what you meant, yes? :)

If you mean awesome disappointment in having no theme, then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
creevedog wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

My copy had theme. Yours might be broken. You probably should have asked for your money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Horologiom wrote:
http://theboardgamejournal.com/2015/10/10/spiel2015/#jp-caro...
http://www.zatrolene-hry.cz/clanek/essensky-spiel-2015-den-3...

"Terra Mystica: Gaia Project" ("TM in space") will have a lot of new features like variable gameboard, new technologies etc. as well as known components like power cycles, terraforming, variable races...
In keeping with the Latin, how about "Astra Mystica" for the new game's name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
creevedog wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
IKR? And then they'll just be blown away by all the awesome! This is what you meant, yes? :)

My copy had theme. Yours might be broken. You probably should have asked for your money back.
I did ask for my money back :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Helge, if you ever come to Berlin and happen to have a prototype of this with you, send me a geekmail. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trantor42 wrote:
So Helge, if you ever come to Berlin and happen to have a prototype of this with you, send me a geekmail. whistle
I will!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:

In keeping with the Latin, how about "Astra Mystica" for the new game's name?

"Gaia Project" as part of the name is also one of the new features, another kind of terraforming (in fact it is "gaiaforming") which is connected to another power bowl. After the income phase (some things stay, as they were in TM) comes the Gaia-phase: the Gaia projects from the previously round will be finished, the "gaiaforming" of formerly toxic or radioactive worlds will be completed. So as Gaia planets will be a crucial element of the game, they will also be part of the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Colour me curious. Modular board could tailor better to less players.

I'm barely a novice at TM though (maybe played 30 games) but I'll still take more.

Funny that things like 'tech' enter the picture as the temple favours have always been 'tech' to me. I tech up in Dominant species too though (helps explain to some players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan B.
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me "Tech" was always Advance Shipping and Advance Digging. You need priests to use this action, who usually come from Temples. As monasteries were basically the science of the Middle Age, I thought it fit well into theme when monks are the scientists. The cult track was the progress that your race is making in the divine worship of the elements (with support from Priests of course) with the goal to be the central point of cult worship in an own city (the Pope in the Rome of Terra Mystica, for instance). And the favours are given as a grace from the element(al god) for the building to worship their cults. That's how I thought it would work regarding theme

But as there were always threads about SF theme and why it might fit better, I can totally understand that this is done by the design team. It will sell well and it seems parts of the audience would like to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Schoukroun
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:
Count me in as well

I'm much more of a sci-fi guy than I am a med/fan guy. But I like TM so much that I didn't really cared.

But holy crap on a craker, this look amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
People have argued that a SciFi theming would have been fitting for Terra Mystica, so why not for a related game.

So this Gaia thing is a bit like a "terraforming pipeline"? I.e. the player starts it in turn X and the result is available in turn X+n? Interesting idea - especially when between X and X+n some other player can interact in some way with the process. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
I'm just gonna repeat what I wrote in one of the first posts.

It really annoys when a vary similar game is announced - think about Agricola/Caverna, Eldritch/Arkham Horror or Resistance/Avalon - there's no point in having both of them as they will keep cannibalizing each other and there is no way to have the best of both world.

I was about to buy Terra Mystica this month but what I should do now - wait 2 years for a probably superior game (more mechanics and TM player feedback) or buy a game that I know will soon be replaced?

I don't want to complain about variiety but I would prefer an expansion to TM with new tiles and variant mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |