Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mode A: TRAINING (1-3 Players, co-op)
We always need to start somewhere, right?
The other modes will be harder. If you are a new player I recommend you to play this mode first, at least until you win a few times.

Mode B: LAST STAND (1 Player)
If you want to experience a hopeless tower defense feeling, you can try this mode. The Zombies will be all over the place and you'll feel the pressure from the start. Not for the faint of heart!
WARNING: if you want to reach the Champion rank, it will be the hardest challenge in this game. Yes, very very difficult. I can only reach the Champion rank twice so far . That's why there's a scoring system:
Score 0-8: SLINGER;
9-16: SLINGSHOT;
17-24: ICESHOT;
25+: BIGSHOT;
immediately when the Zombie deck is empty: CHAMPION!.

You can just enjoy the ride (go for a better score) or prepare yourself for the biggest challenge in the game (go for the CHAMPION rank).

If you are a solo player, try Mode D: The BOSS first to prepare yourself, see below.

Mode C: SURVIVAL (2-3 Players, competitive)
This is a fun mode to play with your friends and family, because the real opponent is other Player(s), not just the Zombies.

Mode D: THE BOSS (1-3 Players, co-op)
Use normal level bosses first . If you can win regularly againts the normal level bosses, then try the expert level for a harder challenge.

Mode E: GOBLINS vs ZOMBIES (2 Players, competitive)
Play this mode only if both Players are experienced GvZ Player. This mode is balanced, but it is easier to play as the Zombies then the Goblins.
In our experience, if both Players are experienced Players, this will be a very fun mode. The Zombie Player will put the pressure more and more (play the right Zombies at the right time!), and the Goblins Player will frantically defending his/her village while looking for a chance to attack the Zombie King. Use your Guardian carefully, because frequently that will determine winning and losing!

SOLO PLAYER STAGES
Goblins vs Zombies from easiest to hardest for 1 Player:
Mode A: TRAINING ---> easy
Mode D: THE BOSS, normal mode ---> normal
Mode D: THE BOSS, expert mode ---> hard
Mode B: LAST STAND ---> nightmare! (if you want to reach the CHAMPION rank)

To give you a better picture about the difficulty level, I have just played the game solo in a crazy 16 session straight! Here's the result:

Mode D: THE BOSS, normal level.
Game 1: Boss: Paladin Zombie. WIN.
Game 2: Boss: Paladin Zombie. WIN
Game 3: Boss: Dwarf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 4: Boss: Paladin Zombie. LOSE.
Game 5: Boss: Elf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 6: Boss: Dwarf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 7: Boss: Dwarf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 8: Boss: Paladin Zombie. LOSE.
Winning percentage: 75%

Mode D: THE BOSS, expert level.
Game 1: Boss: Elf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 2: Boss: Elf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 3: Boss: Dwarf Hero Zombie. LOSE.
Game 4: Boss: Paladin Zombie. WIN
Game 5: Boss: Elf Hero Zombie. LOSE.
Game 6: Boss: Elf Hero Zombie. LOSE.
Game 7: Boss: Dwarf Hero Zombie. WIN.
Game 8: Boss: Elf Hero Zombie. LOSE.
Winning percentage: 50%

Note: it's almost always a challenging task fighting the Boss on the expert level, many wins are made in the last turn. If I play the game not in a straight 16 sessions, I think the winning percentage will be a bit higher.

Prepare the Goblins!! The zombies are coming!!!
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.